Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eurotek Pro vs G2

Posted by fsdigital12 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Eurotek Pro vs G2
August 14, 2014 06:21PM
Hi all !

I usually unearth coins & jewelry instead of forum posts, but after all, the Eurotek was made to be used in European conditions, and that's what I do! Icing on the cake, I have been swinging a Goldbug Pro for almost three years now, so I thought I could chime in and put my two (euro)cents in the discussion.

The Eurotek lacks a user-GB setting, nothing to worry about as far as I am concerned, the dry sand beaches here are all minerals-free, as attested by my top of the line detectors.

The first noticeable thing I noticed when I started to hunt with the ETP was the silence between targets, and less false alerts on rusty iron. Yes, the ETP has a great advantage here, it signals iron as iron, a thing that, despites the better features, the GB/G2 fail to achieve.

We were just testing both machines this week with the Ultimate 13 that a fellow hunter bought for his GB. The very first (general) impression is that this coil needs the sens to go a little down on the G2, and that it WORSENS (if that is correctly said) the bad-iron-rings-as-a-good-target thing. It makes it very annoying, and the back-to-coil-nos-swinge thing to ID the pesky rusty bottlecap does NOT work eiter.

And, fitted on the ETP, it makes it worse too, but then the iron icon and jumpy ID plus iron grunts between the sweeps will make it more identifiable than with the Goldbug/G2.

Depth? No doubt the more expensive unit is deeper. But the Eurotek is far more enjoyable to use. I am glad I could do the test, because I do not think I will buy the coil for use with the GB Pro. I'll keep using it for small jewelry with the 5" coil, a thing the GBPro is very good at in this combo.

I am still to see some significant depth gain with the Ultimate / ETP combo. The unit is very quiet with that large coil, and the sens can be cranked up to 10 in most cases. But I failed to find something deep(er) during the few hours we had it mounted on the Eurotek.

That being said, the ETP, from personal experience, is very good at coin hunting near metallic structures, even with as low a sens as 1.

HH

JimNick
August 14, 2014 09:46PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The main reason I have mine though is to look for
> gold chains at parks.

I have a G2 and have found a few gold rings and other gold items but never a gold chain. Can you describe how these sound or otherwise show themselves (id?)....

would appreciate it...
August 14, 2014 09:56PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's a reason a G2 cost what it does VS a
> Eurotek pro
>
> depth is one thing it's better at and so is
> re-activity as well as separation by far (world
> class on the last 2)
>
> don't let the "iron vol control" on the Eruotek
> fool you into thinking it's a better choice unless
> you don't care about the rest
>
> just my .02

right on and well put....it seems like a lot of folks really think/want the EuroTek Pro to be a G2 class machine for less than half the cost...
good luck on that...The management/development of the various price points for First Texas' lines of detectors is taken very seriously I imagine...
my G2 paid for itself via clad/gold just a few months after I bought it....you get what you pay for.