Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

LQQK--Shotgun Shell Headstamp Identification--LQQK

Posted by jimmyjiver 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
LQQK--Shotgun Shell Headstamp Identification--LQQK
February 06, 2014 05:51PM
Hi,,,,I always seem to find some shotgun shell casings while I'm out detecting....I have been saving them for years,with the thought of someday maybe putting together some kind of display case with them....I know the majority of the ones I find are very old....Anyways, I thought some of you may share the same dream or thought, so here's a good site to help you date them etc....I will tell you to proceed with extreme CAUTION because I think this site is awesome....JJ

[members.shaw.ca]
Re: LQQK--Shotgun Shell Headstamp Identification--LQQK
February 06, 2014 07:47PM
Thanks for the site Jimmy that's cool!! I always thought if I could find a way to date them it would be cool.
February 06, 2014 07:58PM
Seems I dig a LOT of the Remingtons from the 1890 to 1911 period and the Rem Umc 1911 to 1930s era around here -- a few other/older ones too though ;-)

Cool site.

Thanks Jimmy
February 06, 2014 08:13PM
Hi, I'm amazed at the different gauges that I never knew existed ....I think a display of these would look awesome not to mention it could actually help you date a site if you stumbled on to one by accident.....JJ
February 07, 2014 12:30AM
Thanks JJ!!! I got it bookmarked now!
February 07, 2014 04:48PM
Thanks!!!! JJ I thought maybe you were jiving me!!!LOL
February 07, 2014 06:01PM
Thanks for the link, Very informative never seen a site for shotgun shells.

Thanks again,
Paul
February 08, 2014 01:16AM
Great site. Thanks JJ
Corey
February 08, 2014 04:26AM
I have one that the guy on this site could never id. Last fall my buddy found the same one about 40 miles away from where I found mine.
February 18, 2014 04:14AM
Great site thanks.

I found a shotgun headstamp with the name STARK on it but cannot find any info on it. Any thoughts?
February 18, 2014 04:58AM
Hi Ron ,,I only have one thought....Stark, Charles & Co. Toronto/Ontario Canada 1879 to 1899....I hope it helps....JJ
February 19, 2014 11:34PM
Thanks for the lead. I found this ad where the gentleman is selling a catalogue by Frank S (Stark) Taggart from the 1800's which seems to contain a lot of guns and ammunition. Whether the shell was one of his I'm not sure.

HH

[toronto.kijiji.ca]
February 26, 2014 03:27AM
My six year old was looking through a bag of junk that we dug when we first started detecting and he found an old shell end. He knows what they are now. I just cleaned it up and it says UMC Co No 12 New Club. It's a Union Metallic Cartridge Co shell. That's a cool website, but when I clicked on the UMC pics link it was a dead link. Darn

Discrimination is the root of all evil.