Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Almost hate to use it.

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Almost hate to use it.
February 14, 2014 10:18AM
Picked up a 1266x.the other day. Was advertised as mint condition and the pictures look good. Always a little nervous about such claims but give it a shot.
Well it arrived two days ago and I was sorta shocked. It the machine had ever been used I cannot tell it.it is perfect top to bottom.

But does it work. Yeap took it to my little test garden and she works like a charm.in all metal it bangs a 12" quarter. It handles like a dream and really nice to use. Now I don't abuse equipt.But I don't baby it either. I sort of hate even using it is such a nice piece of metal detecting past.

Just had to share.
Pac
Re: Almost hate to use it.
February 14, 2014 01:34PM
I had a 1266x in the past and really enjoyed using it, a great do it all machine. Hoping it will find you many good things Pac and am sure it will.
February 14, 2014 01:55PM
Indeed there are closet queens to be found as many try the hobby but few remain in it...Little to noisy for me but learn its language and expect super results. Old technology at its finest......
February 15, 2014 01:10AM
Nice find! I always wanted to try a 1265/66 Detector,But all the ones I see are either beat to death or have battery/stand issue's. I hear the 1265 has the better modulated audio and the 1266 is a little hotter. I've always been a big modulated audio guy so I was keeping an eye out for the 1265. If I can find a closet queen like yours at the rite price I will give it a shot as should be built to last like their legendary CZ's. I always wondered how there depth on coins compared to the CZ? I think Dan,PA. had a closet queen 1266 himself awhile back? Maybe he would know how they compared? How about it Dan,Dan?
February 15, 2014 04:47AM
Looks like the days are over of me beatin you like a rented mule. Now if we can find you some Calrad headphones!
February 15, 2014 10:10AM
262jp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like the days are over of me beatin you like
> a rented mule. Now if we can find you some Calrad
> headphones!

Guys this is what i have to put up with all the time.

Brother inlaws are well you know.
February 15, 2014 10:29AM
If you've never used a 1266 before, just a heads up....there's quite a bit of a learning curve...
It's a very chattery machine, give it some time. Either way you can't lose as you can easily resell it if its a closet queen.

Aaron
February 15, 2014 01:55PM
Pac man/262jp .... interesting sub-culture.
February 15, 2014 02:03PM
Harold have owned and used several nice 1266's but could never learn the good and bad of the snap crackle and pop...Had a friend that was an XLT freak but always carried a 1266 with him and got some darn deep old coins. Many swear by them well learned but being used to a quiet CZ just
never did well with them although they went deep in the old planted test garden. Batteries lasted a long time and their weighting and ergonomics were the best I ever used...Indeed expect a learning period...
February 15, 2014 02:12PM
I owned a 1265x for many years, very reliable and built really well but it wasn't as powerful as the 1266. Both machines very similar and I always liked the duel disc feature w the PP trigger, very handy.
Only thing I have a problem with IRT the 1266 is the arm cup is a little small for my forearms.

Aaron
February 15, 2014 05:36PM
The 1266 is a powerful machine , but they really do love iron.