Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deepest

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deepest
February 14, 2014 07:48PM
I know Tom says the F75 LTD is the deepest machine, but the T2 is there too. True or false.............

[www.tekneticst2.com]
Re: Deepest
February 14, 2014 08:16PM
The T2 does not have the gain of the F75..

it as deep as say on a coin size object...but the f75 is hotter and deeper on smaller lower conductor item's..

that the main difference...the F75 can see small target's a little deeper..

But the F75 is say hotter on a 1 dollar gold coin comapard to the T2, but get a quarter and not alot of difference..

Keith
February 14, 2014 09:21PM
If you look in the user manuals, you can see a figure "basic sensitivity", measured in "root-hertz". I have to admit I did try and work out what it was, based on real measurements, etc, but so far I can't. However, it seems to be a linear measurement, (so math needs to be used to translate it into depth) and the greater it's value, the more sensitive the machine is (ie. bigger is better). It's clearly an air-test figure, and at Sensitivity=Maximum.
Quoted figures are: (in root-hertz)
F75 & T2 (standard models): 5 x 10^9 (in plain speak 5 000 000 000)
F75 & T2 (Black/SE models): 6 x 10^9
F5: 2.5 x 10^9
So the two machines are the same, as are the 'SE' versions. The difference going from 5 to 6 (standard to SE) is fairly trivial, probably amounting to +3% depth. I think this is more a side-effect of the SE models operation, rather than something intentionally designed in (it's too small).
The F5 figure is the only other Fisher machine I've seen a spec for, I haven't check the Greek series, G2, GoldbugPro. If you simply compare 2.5 with 5, that would imply the F5 has something like 88% the air-depth of the F75, BUT whether this needs amending due to the different frequency, I'm not sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 09:23PM by Pimento.
February 14, 2014 10:45PM
I thought it was a thread about depth of snow!! LOL!