Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 Simultaneous Frequencies on AKA Signum

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 Simultaneous Frequencies on AKA Signum
February 14, 2014 11:00PM
I'm surprised I just ran into this today. It appears AKA has a working 2 frequency (or choice of of 1 of those two) concentric coil (I think). Not sure about when they are do out.
Very creative way of getting a multifrequency detector. (Not sure exactly if it is combining the frequencies or running them separate, if possible).
I came across it here: [www.garysdetecting.co.uk] (Dated Jan 23rd 2014)

A Google translation of the frequency operation
Begin quote:
In one - 2 sensor 2 operating frequencies.

3 modes of operation:

- High frequency - a small sensor for infested areas (low power consumption of the device)
- Low frequency - large sensor for medium-and low-infested areas (low consumption)
- At the same time 2 sensor 2 frequency linked processing of all signals - the main mode (high consumption) to better identify deep targets for heavy soils.

The technology is patented. Patent number ... will manage
End Quote

Note the pics here, you switch between the frequencies via the small box, just as you do when you switch on a different frequency coil, but this one lets you run two at once, it appears. (Hodograph (that is the screen graph) shows two separate lines.)
[www.reviewdetector.ru]

Also interesting they are using a Concentric coil, maybe that helps us to figure the multi frequency type used (Not sure if I got that right.) as the machine normally uses DD coils I think.

Albert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2014 11:02PM by earthmansurfer.
Re: 2 Simultaneous Frequencies on AKA Signum
February 14, 2014 11:20PM
I have read Lovovich state that this is a prototype, and they are trying to get the bugs out. Igor probably has more info.
February 18, 2014 12:43PM
Yes,guys,
you are quite right,this is a new technology,never before used.Now,it is too early to discuss something if nobody is using it now.
The main task of this will be more comfortable and deep detecting in highly mineralised soils.This is not the only sweet to mention,we some more things to discuss in a future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 07:04PM by Igor.
February 18, 2014 04:39PM
Minelab had a detector or still has one where you switch coils and get a different freq. I tried it but didn't like it. The whites has three and the CZ three has two I think there are a few more out there.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 18, 2014 06:43PM
Lowboy, the Sorex and Signum use the same principle. You can use any frequency coil from 1.5 kHz to 30 kHz, on these detectors. I also have a 10.5dd coil that is 3 frequencies in one. 3, 7 &14khz.
It has a 3 position switch at the coil connector where you choose which frequency you want to use at any given time. A very versatile setup. I'm hoping to get out with the Signum one of these days, now that the weather is warming up.
February 18, 2014 07:07PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Minelab had a detector or still has one where you
> switch coils and get a different freq. I tried it
> but didn't like it. The whites has three and the
> CZ three has two I think there are a few more out
> there.

New AKA technology is unlike those,that you mentioned above.Now,it is too early to speak about and to run ahead of a horse.
February 18, 2014 08:35PM
Very exciting info Igor. Will this work on existing models (Sorex Pro and Signum) or will it be on a new model? I just received my Sorex Pro and will be able to use it this weekend in my test ground, a Civil War pasture site in Tenn.
February 18, 2014 09:14PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lowboy, the Sorex and Signum use the same
> principle. You can use any frequency coil from
> 1.5 kHz to 30 kHz, on these detectors. I also
> have a 10.5dd coil that is 3 frequencies in one.
> 3, 7 &14khz.
> It has a 3 position switch at the coil connector
> where you choose which frequency you want to use
> at any given time. A very versatile setup. I'm
> hoping to get out with the Signum one of these
> days, now that the weather is warming up.

You sure about that possum? I thought the 10.5DD coil was only in 7khz and the 9.5X12 is the 3 frequency coil?
Also, I heard the same re 1.5 to 30kHz but it really is just 3 7 15 or 30 that are available on some coils?

Thanks,
Albert
February 18, 2014 11:40PM
Sorry Albert, fat fingers. My 13" is the 3 freq coil. Also the 9 x 12 coil is available as a 3 freq as well.
A lot of the not real popular frequency coils are special order.
Igor should be able to provide details.
February 19, 2014 03:36AM
There is a lot to try and understand here. I wonder if freq or the tightness of the coil make one better then the other. Read Keith's post on the G2 so much to learn not enough time to do it in.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 19, 2014 04:53PM
Igor, Do you know the target date for sale of these new units? Very interested. Thanks for the information.
February 19, 2014 05:53PM
No,I do not,I suppose,that even AKA staff also does not know.Working is being continued now.And,francly speaking,AKA and users are really happy with that they have now.I know exactly,that some scintific researching always is supported by AKA and new patents received.
February 19, 2014 06:37PM
I really look forward to a two frequency coil (using the same detector that uses one frequency coils e.g. Signum 7272M).

The E-Trac got about 9" or so on a dime in my moderately mineralized soil. The CTX the same but more consistently.
I think the Signum will do the same and wonder how a 2 freq coil might far with the Signums new technology...

Albert
February 19, 2014 07:10PM
Quote:"Also interesting they are using a Concentric coil, maybe that helps us to figure the multi frequency type used (Not sure if I got that right.)"

I can't read Russian, but I saw the pic of the concentric coil with three 'loops', rather than the usual 2. My guess: Outer loop is low-freq main TX coil (just as in normal concentric) smallest 'loop' is the high freq TX coil. The middle 'loop' is the single receive coil, with both the bucking coil for the low-freq TX and the bucking coil for the high-freq TX wound on it. Maybe the high-freq bucking coil is inside the RX, and the low-freq bucking-coil wound on the outside of the RX. Or maybe both bucking coils on the outside of the RX, so both 'cold' ends of the TX winding are next to the 'cold' end of the RX winding..Both TX's are driven with a sine-wave, just like a regular single-freq machine. The receive coil will have both frequencies coming off it, the detector will have two sets of demodulators etc to seperate them out. I guess the two freqs have to be locked together, and also will be multiples of each other, eg. 3:1 ratio etc. Though it might be possible to use non-harmonic ratios, I suppose.

Just my guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 11:33PM by Pimento.