Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best performing coil on the Tek Omega?

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best performing coil on the Tek Omega?
February 15, 2014 12:23PM
Has anyone tried (compared) the following coils on the Omega--NEL Hunter 8.5" X 12.5" and the stock 7" X 11" bi-axial?----Does one have any appreciable better performance over the other?----Is the Hunter with its thicker cord more EMI "resistant"--(more stable & smoother running) than the stock coil?----I asked this same question on another Forum & wanted to ask it here also---you guys are a pretty sharp bunch!-----------Thanks, Del

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2014 12:24PM by D&P-OR.
Re: Best performing coil on the Tek Omega?
February 15, 2014 01:08PM
Not related to the coils you asked about...but I saw a great improvement on the Omega with the 13" Ultimate.

Based on what I've now seen with the NEL Tornado vs the Ultimate 13 on the F75...I'm going to take a guess and say the other NEL coils would greatly benefit the Omega.
February 15, 2014 05:31PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not related to the coils you asked about...but I
> saw a great improvement on the Omega with the 13"
> Ultimate.
>
> Based on what I've now seen with the NEL Tornado
> vs the Ultimate 13 on the F75...I'm going to take
> a guess and say the other NEL coils would greatly
> benefit the Omega.

Daniel-----In what way(s) did you see an improvement in the Tornado over the Ultimate on your F-75?----Did the Tornado help with the EMI problem on your F-75 (versus the Ultimate)?
February 15, 2014 07:15PM
Ultimate coil is more stable than nel tornado to Omega. have Polish comparison

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]
February 16, 2014 01:23AM
Tornado vs the Ultimate on the F75:

The Tornado is not as EMI tolerant as the smaller NEL coils. I'm only able to run it in the low 80s on sensitivity...vs the Ultimate in which I could run in the 90s. The difference is....the Ultimate coil with sensitivity in the 90s, would only give a signal on a nickel to around 13.5 inches in JE mode. The Tornado coil with sensitivity in the 80s, will give a very repeatable signal out to 15 inches, and an iffy one at 16 inches. So even though I'm having to cut the gain back a few digits, it is still showing more muscle. The 5" DD NEL hasn't been as impressive on depth...but is super quiet to run, which is a plus. I can run it at 99 in the house, and it wont make a peep. I've thought about getting the Sharpshooter coil just for fun, and selling the 5" DD. They were sold out of the Sharpshooter when I got the 5" round coil, or I would have got one then.