Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom, settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!

Posted by shilohdigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom, settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!
February 10, 2010 04:27AM
my father hunts with an id edge and loves to go with me and i love for him to go what settings would he need to hunt with to hunt relics in trashy areas and then moderate or no trash areas ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2010 01:56PM by shilohdigger.
Re: settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!
February 11, 2010 01:54PM
Any thoughts on this
Re: settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!
February 11, 2010 11:19PM
Gosh..........its been years.........and I can not recall!
Re: Tom, settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!
February 16, 2010 09:31AM
For relic hunting use the Cp mode with no notches and disc set to accept at least some iron. For old site hunting my setup was Cp, sens 8, disc anywhere from -21 to -8 depending on my tolerance for listening to the iron tones on any given day. I honestly can't remember what setting just eliminates small nails, maybe around -19 ? The good thing about the Edge is that the iron disc setting is not critical to getting those co-located non-ferrous targets.

Sensitivity to small low conductors is very good with the Edge. That said, my recommendation is to run the iron disc setting at -8 as some small low conductive non-ferrous targets will give a bouncing ID of -4 to +4.

The Edge is a great hunter around iron/nails. Hunting an older site that has the typical heavy amount of nails within feet of the house the Edge hit on deeper small pieces of flashing and can lids that the ML Advantage had no clue was down there. They were obvious good targets.

Hope this helps.

Tom Z

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 09:44AM by Jackpine.
Jackpine offers excellent advice..
February 16, 2010 02:57PM
Certainly a sleeper in the old Fisher line that offers nice depth and good ID.
If hunting for coins of course the notch can be used at your discretion depending on what your looking for..
Re: Tom, settings for id edge !!!!!!!!!
February 16, 2010 07:19PM
thanks guys that really helps and i really appreciate your time and posts