Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone heard about the new Teknetics detector

Posted by sanjuro 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone heard about the new Teknetics detector
March 12, 2014 08:22PM
just seen a comment on another forum about a new Teknetics detector called G2 Plus and its not the Teknetics version of the new Fisher F19 its supposed to be different.
Re: Anyone heard about the new Teknetics detector
March 13, 2014 04:08AM
Interesting...

Ive heard the newer G2 will have a BP mode as it's been seen in the field...but nothing concrete...

guess we all wait and see...but a BP G2 would be the cats meow!

Keith
March 13, 2014 09:03AM
If that is correct, I'd about have to get one. I had an opportunity to borrow a Gold Bug Pro 1 1/2 years ago and had a blast. The most stable Fisher machine I've ever used. In fact I found a very nice gold ring with it then. To my understanding the G2 is actually a better machine than the Gold Bug Pro, but that is what I read.
March 13, 2014 11:38AM
This is what I have been hoping for. Oh PLEASE First Texas make the dream reality!
March 13, 2014 11:54AM
markg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If that is correct, I'd about have to get one. I
> had an opportunity to borrow a Gold Bug Pro 1 1/2
> years ago and had a blast. The most stable Fisher
> machine I've ever used. In fact I found a very
> nice gold ring with it then. To my understanding
> the G2 is actually a better machine than the Gold
> Bug Pro, but that is what I read.

Gold Bug Pro and G2 are the same detector, only difference is rod assembly and choice of coils.
March 13, 2014 03:49PM
I guess they were wrong. But, hey, I really liked the GB Pro.
March 13, 2014 07:25PM
So how does everyone think the new G2 BP (if there is one) would stack up against the GMP and Vista Gold in iron infested sites for depth ,speed and separation?
March 14, 2014 03:13PM
Just to clarify that the information about the new Teknetics comes from Nigel at Regtons UK who is the sole UK Teknetics importer/distributer so its not just some idle banter.
March 14, 2014 03:17PM
Regton UK also has the final say as to what features will make it into production on Teknetic models aimed specifically at his market. So I'd listen to him.

HH
Mike
March 14, 2014 03:23PM
We all know that both Fisher and Tek at some point are going to come out with new machines and we all hope it will be soon and I feel it could be this year. They should have some cool stuff since it's been so long and in our hobby just a few big changes can mean a lot to us. So have faith that they will not let us down

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 14, 2014 04:38PM
Elbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how does everyone think the new G2 BP (if there
> is one) would stack up against the GMP and Vista
> Gold in iron infested sites for depth ,speed and
> separation?

Speed and separation is basically already on the same level with the current GB Pro/G2 (close enough imo/for me)

"depth" would be the main concern but if you're talking a new GB Pro with BP - sounds like pretty much an equal to me and I'd have to try one for sure!
March 19, 2014 01:54PM
I wonder if the frat bro's coils will work on it? If not FT should.make a light 13" - 15" coil for it. Big coil for relic hunting. I use a 13" & 15" coil on my G2 now to relic hunt. It's the best set up I have ever used.
March 19, 2014 03:56PM
Amen Tim....best for sniffing those buttons out eh?