Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D vs TEJON vs CTX3030 for DEPTH

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D vs TEJON vs CTX3030 for DEPTH
March 13, 2014 06:01PM
Hello, My brother contacted me today and said he saw some video's on Youtube by someone called Shelby Voll that had done depth comparisons tests. Coins were buried in the ground and starting at 6" then 8" then 10" and 12". According to this guys test the Tesoro Tejon was far better and much deeper than both the cz-3d and ctx 3030. According to him the ctx 3030 was last at 6" to 8". The cz-3d was next at 8" to 10" and the winner the Tejon got 10" to 13". I don't know about you but, I find this very hard to believe. What do you think? I would like to know what Tom D. thinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 06:36PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: CZ-3D vs TEJON vs CTX3030 for DEPTH
March 13, 2014 06:45PM
1: Tejon [www.youtube.com]
2: cz3d [www.youtube.com]
3: ctx [www.youtube.com]

personally - I think he has a hot Tejon but really doesn't know how to setup/run the cz or the ctx to their fullest potential either -

1st of all he made these vids just after the release of the ctx so he didn't have any time in on the machine - he turned it on and didn't make any adjustments to it so that means he was running at "auto sens" 19 (that's where it's factory set)

and/but in doing so - you don't have any "depth"

you have to crank the sens up in manual to gain depth so that's a load of crap right there on his part in comparison!

Also - an avg. cz (not a hot one) and not tuned by Tom is going to hit dimes at 8 to 9" so there's noting out of the ordinary there.
March 13, 2014 08:08PM
I really hate to see machine's of different brands battling it out....

But to be truthful all the detector's mentioned are deep...

But lets look at it like this from the worst one to the best one....

Lets say the tejon is set up to jsut reject a nail....and the ground bal is offset enough to be right at the edge....well I know in my test the tejon when set like this will hit deep coins at even a foot...

now lets take the CTX does he have a pattern running? If he does not set it up just like the tejon with just nail rejected theres a good chance that the CTX will not make a peep on the deep coins because they will not read right and will end up in the nulled area's...

the Tejon may be wide open or close to on the sens and the CTX may be auto....

Too many things to skew the outcome...

the CZ lumps a few coins into one high tone dimes quarter half and dollar but a deep a nail will read that same tone to so again is it Id'ng it right..

If the tejon had a meter it may show the coins at that depth on say foil or reading silver dollar hard to say....Ive noticed that deep objects like to read extremely high or extremely low according to dirt...Wrap around....

so you see theres to many variables

also the CTX in real world hunts in undisturbed soil will dig those depth coins daily...as will the CZ and the Tejon...but the real kicker is the tejon to get that dpeth needs massaging..so the coins are probably not burried that long in the test video...give them 50 years and see what changes...

real world target's will be diiferent..

run them all for awhile and you will see what happens...they all are deep they all are different...They all are set up differnent and process diffeent so you need to understand how to apply them to each scenario..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 08:11PM by Keith Southern.
March 14, 2014 01:02AM
I have used a few detectors through the last few years. I currently have a CTX and a Sovereign. I say that for disclosure. In fact the CTX is still wrapped up from the mail. I'm waiting for nicer weather. But through all of my own testing and research I have come to the conclusion that BBS or FBS machines do not like freshly buried targets.

I have seen test after test involving depth. Digging holes. Inserting targets in the side of dirt mounds. Coins and targets inside of tubes in dirt. Rings tied to strings in sand.

I know one thing. Real hunt conditions are what counts. Learn your detector. Get the most out of it.
March 14, 2014 02:33AM
All are deep detectors. When you compare a stock CZ to a stock CTX-3030...... you are comparing a 8" coil to a 10.5" coil. Not fair. If you equip the CZ with a 10.5" coil...... now the playing field is even. Then....... in low/no mineralization soil.... the CZ will slightly take the lead in depth (on silver dime). In mineralized soil..... the Minelab CTX-3030 will take the lead. The Tejon lags by a very slight amount in both cases.
March 14, 2014 03:29AM
Hi,,,I can't do videos and I can only speculate on the 3030 cause I don't own one.... I own a Tejon and a 3D so here's my take on it.....The Tejon would out perform the 3030 & 3D on a deep brass target....The 3D would out do the 3030 & Tejon on a deep silver target...The 3030 would out do the 3D & Tejon as far as IDing more accurately and giving more information about a given target.....JJ
March 14, 2014 10:44AM
jj,

Good summary. Owning all 3 of the detectors specified, I concur on your analysis. Each unit has capabilities the others do not. Great complimentary detectors that cover every possible hunting application except gold nugget hunting ( you can use any of the units for that, but we all know there are dedicated machines for that type of hunting)
March 14, 2014 01:19PM
Interesting observations and thread for sure....CZ deepest coil for coil in most situations, CTX a close second with a lot of info to dig or not, Tejon close 3rd but will beat them all on
low range targets in the foil and nickel range. Having said the above a lot could change when you dial in unit in hand as heard or hot and cold units and lets not rule out hunting area as some detectors just work better in certain situations. Guess that's why an ardent detectorist has more than one unit.