Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ70 1029 series comments.

Posted by wade tx 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ70 1029 series comments.
March 18, 2014 04:18PM
Pros & cons
Re: CZ70 1029 series comments.
March 18, 2014 10:21PM
The 1029's were the first produced that in general but not always run maxed at 4 sensitivity...I have seen a few that can run at 6 all day and be stable with minimal falsing. The later 1129's were in general a bit hotter and could be run at 6 which gained a couple of inches in depth but could increase falsing and jumpy ID somewhat but still tolerable. I have had many a new in box 1029's that were frankly pretty weak whereas the 1129's seemed to be consistently hotter.
March 18, 2014 10:52PM
Plain and simple depends on the unit in hand and tuning.....some CZ70's could not be run over 4 sens. and some could be run at 6 sens. which usually equated to better depth...No rhyme or reason or dependent on ser #'s.....In other words all depended on the tuning to a great degree and still remember the one that I couldn't run over 4 without a lot of falsing and thought it was broke but a call to Fisher tech's let me know it was the nature of the beast...Honestly wouldn't go by ser #'s myself and believe it or not the 4 sens. got me the approx. depth of the one which allowed 6 sens so go figure... Certainly not trying to step on Chris's toes as he is a fine gentleman just telling you my experiences...and yes Chris knows CZ's period...
March 18, 2014 11:25PM
I have to agree with Chris as have owned a few myself and the 112's were hotter than the 102's. If I bought another it would be a 112 CZ-70 Pro and wouldn't waste my money on another 102 serial number CZ-70 Pro. JMHO.
March 19, 2014 01:41AM
Seems to be a fact that with increased sensitivity comes increased instability! As alluded to by Chris. There were batch inconsistencies across the board same as the CZ 3D's. Had an 1129 that was such a poor performer had to sell it locally and not on any forum. Wouldn't air test a dime to 9". Chris might remember that one as he wrote me about it and I told him he don't want "this one". But yeah ask Chris..

The CZ 7aPro's seemed to be more batch consistent but the added relic icon (tone) is one feature as a positive on the 70 if you have a good one. Night hunting, discrimination notch..Naa. For me prefer the analog units as the overall target recovery is faster.
March 19, 2014 09:44AM
i just got hold of a 70 with the 11 serial number and I works well of 6 sensitivity. Going to try to hang on to this one as I got it from the original owner. It is pretty clean. for some reason I still like the cz5 best. Even though this 70 has many extra features such as light, notch ect. The 5 pinpoints quicker as the 70 has a slight delay when ging into the pinpoint mode. I also got the 10 inch coil with it. He thru in a 5 inch but it is nasty looking as he said. Looking for a better 5 inch coil..I have tried about every detector except the 3030 and still like cz's and the E-trac the best so far. do not do much humting anymore as I got into fishing last year again... HH