Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D

Posted by sheds 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D
March 25, 2014 01:29AM
Well, was on here a couple days ago about the needle staying all the way to the right on my cz3d while detecting. I called FISHER because its still under warranty. spoke with two guys, one said that's its working properly, and the other guy was back and forth. I took it outside later, threw down a quarter, dime, nickel, penny. It went to the nickel, but didn't move at all on the other three. Not much faith in the fisher guys, Any suggestions????
Re: CZ3D
March 25, 2014 01:50AM
Hi,,,I think your question was answered the first time you asked it....Obviously your meter is sticking...If it's under warranty just send it in....Best of luck....JJ
March 25, 2014 02:03AM
Years ago I had one of them older Bounty Hunters I believe it was with an analog meter and it stuck. What was up with mine is it built up static from when I installed a new lens. I spray a small amount of window cleaner on a soft tissue and wiped the outside of the plastic lens and it worked perfect after that. Most likely not the problem with yours but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
March 25, 2014 06:11PM
Yes that happened to me a couple years ago with my meter on the CZ 3D. My buddy advised me not to clean it, and I did anyway and the needle didn't go all the way down.

The good news is after time it lost the static charge and went back to normal.

Aaron
March 25, 2014 09:27PM
I called Fisher back today, and told him the test results, He said there's a problem. So I'm shiping it back. thanks for the feed back!
March 25, 2014 10:28PM
Hi,,,,hey best of luck you are going to love it when it's working right, especially if Tom has tuned it....JJ
March 26, 2014 12:27AM
You'll probably have Felix work on it, he's a good guy. When he's done working on units he takes them across the street where he has a 8" nickel buried under some power lines to test them out.

Aaron
March 26, 2014 06:31PM
Hi,,,,Actually Felix don't even work on stuff....I did hear that he was the main inspiration for their microwave EMI test...I guess they go out in the back yard and bury a dime at exactly 9.2 inches...They then cart out four microwave ovens and and surround the buried dime with the microwave ovens....Felix then plugs in the microwave ovens and sets all four of them on high,he then flips the on switch....If the 3D hits the dime with a solid signal and meter holds steady on a coin then I guess it fixed and ready to go....It is then sent to Mexico and gets stamped..... Inspected By: Juan Valdez....LoL....JJ
March 26, 2014 08:03PM
Unless Felix got a new job title that's news to me. He did the work on my new CZ3D 4yrs ago.....
March 26, 2014 08:10PM
I think they only test the detectors with the microwaves at lunch time....... killing two birds with one stone, lol
March 26, 2014 09:06PM
Hi Aaron,,,You know I have heard/read that Felix is in the customer service department, I think Dave J said that....Then I have heard/read that Felix does some repairs, I think Mike Scott said that....I don't think he does many repairs because he's always the one that people contact....I know if I was the main repair man I could not tolerate answering phones etc. and doing the repairs too....Then there is the remote possibility that there is two Felix's employed there...I searched the web and came up with a lot of people talking about Felix in the customer service department and none for Felix the repair man....Maybe Felix the cat has been cloned..LoL.....JJ

PS:Edited for your protection I forgot the ed at the end of search

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2014 09:53PM by jimmyjiver.
March 26, 2014 09:37PM
I talked to Daniel on the phone and he talked like he would be doing the work on it.
March 26, 2014 10:07PM
Hi sheds,,,Yeah that would be Daniel Snell, he should know his stuff, the 10 inch elliptical DD series was developed by him....He started out with Fisher and First Texas liked his work so much they brought him into work for them....JJ
March 27, 2014 12:34AM
Daniels a real good guy too, he handled my LTD issue I had a few years ago.
March 28, 2014 09:06AM
I have talked to both Daniel and Felix about work done a couple years ago and felt they both were serious and capable, treated me well and got the job done for a very reasonable price.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 28, 2014 12:51PM
Although CZ's are for the most part issue free meters do go and imagine they will replace it if needed. I wouldn't concern myself myself who works on it just as long as its repaired.
March 28, 2014 02:57PM
As long you don't make the mistake of sending it to the crook in Texas, stick w FTP.

Aaron