Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F19 specs and pic

Posted by lrsjr 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F19 specs and pic
March 27, 2014 12:46AM
Has Iron audio and backlight. Look at Fisher F series forum at Findmall.
Re: F19 specs and pic
March 27, 2014 01:08AM
You can post the link
March 27, 2014 01:11AM
March 27, 2014 01:18AM
no boost,darn it.
March 27, 2014 01:24AM
Adjustable iron audio....they were listening

Tom in SC
March 27, 2014 01:44AM
It has to have more then that what does it do in iron that makes it better then the G2

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 27, 2014 02:02AM
"The best relic machine ever". Bold statement right there. Boost mode not needed, however a constant deep mode is needed. Iron audio, backlight and ground grab are nice options over the G2/Gold bug. Needs better depth over those machines to make it an easy buy decision for me. Can't say I'm not interested though.
March 27, 2014 12:23PM
I'm still waiting on one feature.
Motion all metal mode with tones, either 2 or more tones. One for ferrous and one for non-ferrous.
March 27, 2014 12:50PM
For those of us who aren't registered with Finds, what is the 'gift to us' link?
March 27, 2014 12:58PM
So it's a GBP with iron audio and a backlight - ok...

No "boost" :-(
March 27, 2014 02:20PM
The picture of the ad copy was the "gift".
March 27, 2014 02:23PM
There's no picture if you aren't registered. Unless my browser/PC/setting etc doesn't like Finds.? So it was a magazine advert?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 02:30PM by Pimento.
March 27, 2014 02:43PM
No dedicated all metal mode. Looks like they are seperating it from the gold machines. If it had a all metal mode my guess is it would be too versitile and hurt GB And G2 sales.
I do not need a notch so all they added that is useful is the Iron audio feature and maybe the enhanced tone break.
It is interesting though.
March 27, 2014 02:45PM
Looked at it again!!!
May be manual override is all matal?
March 27, 2014 03:03PM
March 27, 2014 03:11PM
Thanks for that,
Funny, I've just looked on Treasurenet, and seen it there, courtesy of Mr H.
[www.treasurenet.com]
I wonder how you're supposed to pronounce the trademarked 'FeTone'? Fee-tone? Feh-tone?. Shoulda called it Irone. (see what I did there?)
You could Trademark all the elements' tones, I'll start : NiTone. Sounds the same as FeTone, just doesn't infringe anyones' TradeMark.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 03:47PM by Pimento.
March 27, 2014 03:30PM
noT A BIG LEAP JUST A FEW NEW FEATURES NOT ENOUGH FOR ME TO WANT TO HIT MY OLD AREAS AGAIN WITH IT

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 27, 2014 05:01PM
godigit1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No dedicated all metal mode. Looks like they are
> seperating it from the gold machines. If it had a
> all metal mode my guess is it would be too
> versitile and hurt GB And G2 sales.
> I do not need a notch so all they added that is
> useful is the Iron audio feature and maybe the
> enhanced tone break.
> It is interesting though.

Are you sure there is not an all metal mode? If not, I just lost all interest.
March 27, 2014 05:09PM
It looks like it still has "all metal mode" to me Steve

the rgt hand knob still looks like it has the same function as on the GBP

but

if they did take that feature away = "forget it"!
March 27, 2014 06:47PM
Hi,,,,The only difference I can really see when comparing the F-19 to the other previous look a likes is a back light,iron audio & stock coil change....The thing they call FeTone is the same terminology they imply and say is used in the Eurotek series....It says adjustable iron audio (eurotek) but I do not believe it's a separate iron volume control,which would of been nice....As far as a boost mode goes, a boost mode is a just different filtering system with the intent to increase a machines depth capability plus it does help make targets sound less choppy...However the response time is slightly slower when using the boost mode,,but this can be overcome with a slightly slower sweep while still maintaining good target separation..... Maybe this (boost) is or will be the F-19's main and only mode of operation other than the possibility of an all metal mode....The ball is now in the consumers court/hands and all the Fisher camp has to do now is kick back and see how much the little flock will pay....Perhaps the WoW factor is not here and the elusive search for the near perfect relic machine will continue.... JJ
March 27, 2014 07:05PM
Yawn. I was hoping for some type of new earth shattering technology. I was of the mind that First Texas was going to take us where no man had gone before. All of that stuff. Oh well.
March 27, 2014 07:12PM
markg Wrote:
> I'm still waiting on one feature.
> Motion all metal mode with tones, either 2 or more
> tones. One for ferrous and one for non-ferrous.

v3i mixed mode
March 27, 2014 07:16PM
Quote:"Boost mode is just a different filtering system with the intent to increase a machines depth capability"
Not really true, it's intended to be used when sweeping with a large air-gap under the coil. Under these conditions, the ground signal is much lower (20 - 30 % of normal close-sweep level), but the target signal level is also reduced, by a comparable amount. Boost primarily increases the gain ( likely 8-fold, could be less), making up for these drop-offs. But there is still the same fundamental problem - how to distinguish the target signal from the ground signal. So little or no actual ground-depth is gained.
In practice, the other changes give it a smoother operation, which can add a little depth.
It can help the smaller coils work better when swept close, due to the relative amount of ground vs. target pickup they have.

One thing that is possible is that the F19 has a boost-like operation, that gives a smoother behaviour, without any actual depth increase, and without any compromises such as the need for slower sweeping etc.

Edit: Quote:"v3i mixed mode"
I thought this gave all-metal and tone-ID disc, at the same time? Like the Nautilus, but not in individual earpieces? I think Markg is after the XP GMP / Deus style audio, all-metal in it's basic nature, but step-changing in pitch as the ID varies from iron through mid through to high-conductors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 07:21PM by Pimento.
March 27, 2014 07:56PM
So what's the extra button for? My goldbug pro has, between the plus and minus a single push pad for ground grab and pinpoint. This machine seems to have two push pads - one above the other??
March 27, 2014 08:01PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> So what's the extra button for? My goldbug pro
> has, between the plus and minus a single push pad
> for ground grab and pinpoint. This machine seems
> to have two push pads - one above the other??

Most likely the "back light" OR the Iron vol. control
March 27, 2014 08:26PM
Hey lytle..the button is most likely the notch activator..

Keith
March 27, 2014 08:38PM
Maybe notch/vco button? Possible the new tone break/adjustable notch give you an adjustable VCO tone range start and stop. So like taking the 3 tones of the eurotek pro and making the mid range VCO the adjustable notch. That would make sense since that's the platform Eff - eee - tone is integrated to. So like two disc modes/tone modes. Just like the old gold bug with single adjustable tone break, and then second 3 tone mode with double/notch tone break. Maybe you only want iron grunts on nails but also want a high tone on zinc/copper/brass/silver. set first break of notch at 17 and second at 70. its just a theory. but to truly be an relic machine wouldn't you want large iron to sing to you?

sorry, those where teknetics TID numbers. you get the idea though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 08:44PM by detectingMO.
March 27, 2014 11:12PM
Hey Pimento.....YES TRUE....Whatever you are trying to describe sounds closer to the cache mode....JJ
March 28, 2014 12:40AM
I lifted this from one of the English forums.....
Some one said the F19 looks like a gold bug.....
one of the dealers replied.......................Very similar with a few tweaks here & there, standard black, Ltd edition Camo & Very Ltd Edition Camo Pink for the brave or ladies . Tek G2 Plus will follow shortly after but NOT the same machine, this is where the G2 & Goldbug part company.
March 28, 2014 12:46AM
Well - a gold bug pro with nothing more than a backlight and iron vol. control doesn't exactly make me want to run out and grab one up either

they're gonna have to do a bit better than that to entice the $$ from my hand

hope the new Teknetics to follow next yr? (that's how it sounds on their FB page) is a bit better/offers a bit more (like a G2 with backlight, iron vol. control and boost) at minimum

at that point I'd have to grab one up

if they added a mixed mode (all metal/disc) running combined like the V3i/etc. has - that would be the icing on the cake but I'd still try one w/o that feature