Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Whites TRX pin pointer

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Whites TRX pin pointer
April 04, 2014 08:32PM
I watched Bill S video of him using a G2 and a TRX pinpointer looks like the TRX is a little aggravating to use compared to a Garrett Pro Pointer. I was thinking about getting a TRX but after watching the video I think I'll stick with a pro pointer.
Re: Whites TRX pin pointer
April 04, 2014 08:43PM
I have had a Propointer and sold it eventually..

I guess Im not a Pinpointer kind of guy....

I wish they had a Disc circuit in them....

they are of little use in ground litered with iron and small nail's and such...
I find the edge of the coil on the spoil pile works pretty dang good and is deeper and discriminates to boot...

Keith
April 04, 2014 08:49PM
Agreed Keith.

Aaron
April 04, 2014 09:22PM
The TRX is great. I just picked up my second one. I like it much better than the ProPointer. I got to hand it to Whites. They impressed me with it.
April 04, 2014 09:42PM
I use the Detector Pro Uni Probe,, head phones and a PI probe, and have a Gerrett Pro Pointer for back up,, my soil and sites,, no problem...
The Garrett will pick up small foil, my Uni Probe will not...

There is more to the TRX than the manual say's....
Below are 2 video's...
BJ

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
April 04, 2014 11:04PM
The TRX would have to be a big improvement compared to the previous Bullseye pointers!
April 04, 2014 11:33PM
I am with you junior. Looks like its a pain. From what I saw every time you turn it off and then back on you need to tv it or it looks like it can be erratic. I want my pp to be simple and there really just isn't anything out there as simple as a good ole garrett pp. As a matter of fact I had just tried getting used to a profind that came with my 3030 and ended up selling it and buying a new garrett pp a few days ago. I should have just kept the original garrett I had and sold....it's all personal opinion though,,,different strokes for different folks
April 05, 2014 12:17AM
Used a friends TRX the other day and I found that with only the end being sensitive it can make it hard to locate the target. You have to press and hold the button to turn on and the same to turn off. It will constantly false on the fourth power setting. It is deep enough on the 3rd setting if trying to locate target before hole is dug. Just can't warm up to it yet.
April 05, 2014 12:52AM
I don't know if all units are this way, but on mine, you press the On/Off button and take your finger off the button as soon as you press it and it comes on in about 2 seconds. Press and hold to turn Off and it turns Off in about 1 second.

I have read some complain about it be chatty or false with sensitivity settings of 3 or 4. Again, I don't know if all the units are the same, but it might be the location that it is being used, as mine is very stable and does not false or is chatty even with a sensitivity of 4. Today, just for test purposes, I tried a sensitivity of 4 and it was very stable on a 2 hour hunt.

The only issue I have is the Lost Pinpointer Alarm, on mine, it will not sound the Alarm after approximately 5 minutes of being idle and left alone (not touched). At the end of 10 minutes it will shut itself Off, but no Alarm. So far, I have read 4 people say their Alarm doesn't work either and only 1 that says the Alarm does work on theirs.
April 05, 2014 10:12AM
I like a PPer where land scapping comes into play just because if you are using a larger coil sometimes you are working blind in a small deep hole. Its just to time consuming to keep dragging dirt out only to realize it was it was on the rim of the hole. Of course, field hunting...... just dig a bigger hole.... find it and move.

Dew
April 05, 2014 01:04PM
I took my TRX water hunting the other day, and it works underwater just find. I wae at a frash water lake and would take a scoop out and put the pointer in the hole and get the right spot. It has not quit working yet. It has a 2 year warrnety if it quits i will send it back. I did keep my thumb over the speker holes, but don,t think i needed to. I like mine the more i use it, it is a little getting use to. Flint