Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New M/L New ?

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New M/L New ?
February 14, 2010 10:17PM
Tom talk of new MineLab got me thinking.
1 Would you see a gain with a PI in your soil/ test garden.

2 Multi stack coils seems like a good idea.
Instead of making coils larger why not make them
thicker . I know weight is a factor but by keeping the
foot print smaller and adding more coil windings would
that not result in a deeper coil? Thanks Mike
Re: New M/L New ?
February 15, 2010 01:30AM
1. No. Only the initial intrinsic 'new design' gain would be 'realized' in FL. Now...........................bad dirt....and a tremendous gain would be realized. PI's have a strong propensity/tendency to open "never-opened-before" doors in GA, VA, NC, SC, TN etc..........

2. About 10 years ago, I kicked-off this idea to the 'then' chief design engineer of FRL....(of whom became CEO at a later time). And I believe (about 6 years ago) ...... I sent this suggestion to Dave J. Coils are interesting ..... as they are not exactly antenna's; rather = inductive loops. BUT....suffice to say; a 'antenna theory' ""Reflector"" and ""Director"" in correct config would 'focus' the coil's EM energy/footprint into a more efficient corridor. And another intent; that being a 'shielded roof' above the coil for two purposes.......1 = act as a EM 'director'...and 2 = double as a EMI shield from external generating surrounding sources. Once again: Mind you; a coil is a inductive loop and not a standard 'antenna theory' principle of operation; subsequently, different results ensue......in addition to a different set of problems/parameters would need resolve......in order for this to function per intended design wish-list.