Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Berkut 5 by AKA not alike other detectors.

Posted by Igor 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Berkut 5 by AKA not alike other detectors.
January 12, 2015 11:06PM
Hey Zig, care to share the settings? Which program, etc. Is there any possibility of a UK dealer in the near future?
These AKA units would sell real well here if there was a dealer here, or even in the UK.
January 12, 2015 11:08PM
Thanks Ziggy!

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 12, 2015 11:12PM
I will post settings tomorrow , as for dealers I have no idea apart from one in Russia and one in Bulgaria, I have nothing to do with AKA, just thought I would share an AirTest, think there are a few others in my videos also on small gold with the B5.
January 12, 2015 11:21PM
Have to admit that is pretty impressive for a 10" coil... Don't think there are many more machines on the market that could do that well in air, it punches well in the ground also.
January 13, 2015 02:42AM
Pretty good depth for AKA's starter/ budget priced machine.
January 13, 2015 02:49AM
That certainly got my attention. Lol. I was trying to find a price for one. Might be a good thing I couldn't find it or a place to buy. My wife is already about to strangle me for having 4 machines.
January 13, 2015 01:41PM
Air test settings was..... IT 3
Turbo on
Gain 20
AT 1
RS 1
SM Signal 6

The only filter I had on was the SFT

Key item to have max is that SM Signal, it allows you to hear the weak targets loud at the end of it's detection range.

If I was to had the largest coil that AKA produced, think it's 15" running at either 3 or 4 kHz then it would of been even more spectacular :0)

[facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 01:42PM by Ziggy.
January 13, 2015 02:13PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That certainly got my attention. Lol. I was
> trying to find a price for one. Might be a good
> thing I couldn't find it or a place to buy. My
> wife is already about to strangle me for having 4
> machines.

[www.treasurelinx.com]

I have all the info on my website as well as the English owners manual you can download, please contact Igor his contact number is listed, most Berkuts will come from him.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 13, 2015 02:15PM
Ziggy -- I noticed on your Facebook that you took several machines out to test. I was wondering how the Berkut stacked up against the Vista Smart with the 14" coil that you have pictured. I've not seen the Berkut anywhere other than videos and pictures but I have used the Smart. Wasn't that impressed with it, but I didn't try a 14 inch coil for it either. Do you have any other coils for the Berkut or just that one? How is in ground performance in comparison to the air tests?
January 13, 2015 07:15PM
Well I've not directly compared the two machine but both will get coins beyond 10 inches, I know this because I've dug coins at these depths with both machines, with the Berkut there has been targets beyond that but needed to give up due to hard digging in hard summers soil.

But it can vary depending on soil conditions and mineralisation levels, I've been on grounds where I find nothing beyond 5 inches, ground balanced correctly and placed a coin at 6 inches and not any machine I've tried can penatrate the soil, didn't have a pulse to see if that would hit targets in the hard ground at the time.

Then again I've seen with my own eyes while testing with Gary coins being pulled at 14 inched with the sorex pro.

So the Berkut 5 is a very capable machine with many useful settings.... The deeptech vista smart is a great machine and regret getting shot of mine but alls good as I have the 25 kHz vista gold, deeptechs in my mind are easy to use and very effective machines, might look dated but solid performers, but you wasn't impressed but that's another story.

As for coils I only have the 10 inch for the Berkut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2015 07:17PM by Ziggy.