Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coiltek 6" TreasureSeeker coil for e-trac or se

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coiltek 6" TreasureSeeker coil for e-trac or se
April 21, 2014 08:15PM
Hello, Has anyone tried out the new 6" TreasureSeeker coil from Coiltek? How does it stand up to other 6" coils and the 4.5x7 excelerator coil for depth and separation? Thanks
Re: Coiltek 6" TreasureSeeker coil for e-trac or se
April 21, 2014 08:51PM
I have not tried one ..but its a round copil like the 6 excellerator that I have tried..

and Im sure it is a great coil.....

But i would not expect it to separate on the Explorer like the 4.5x7...

but again I have never tried it...

Msot coils of the 5 and 6 inch round DD designs are not going to be to notacably different..

same with large coils 11" 12" 13" round not alot of difference on coin size ojects....actually at times the 11 may see deeeper than the 13...

alot of the hype is to sell them..

look for things that improve what you have..

If you have the pro 11" installed I would not look at the 13 as that much better at depth..But if you have the 8 inch installed the 13 would show greater depth....but I would look at a 10x12 sef style as better at separating at depth.....

look at the 4.5 x7 at better at separating over the 6 in trash or iron...what im trying to say is try to find Forte coils for the detector....I like to see outside the box coils...

remember when you want to separate a tight coil ( Elliptical) can do wonder's...

A round coil can do wonders for depth gain...

and butterfly can do a little of both...

actually the 4.5 x7 is close to being the perfect size coil for all around use,,,,,,

If a machine has a boost process..the perfect size would be an elliptical dd in the 4.5x8 ...

Once a part of the coil goes past 8 I dont see it as a medium coil...I love 8 inch sioze coils though....I would love to see a tight elliptical 8 inch...

Coils have turned the corner.There getting very sophisticated

Everyone wants your money...so buy wisely..not repetitively...dont buy a 6 inch exclerator then a 6 inch coiltech and expect to see alot of infield difference...Unless ones just built superior and ones built inferior...

unless you like to experiment then by all means..

I like the 5 inch on the GMP but its the only 5 inch available for the GMP...So theres a no brainer...

on the explorer the factory does not make a small coil so a 5 or 6 inch is perfect add on...yet if you have the 4.5x7 im not sure it would really be needed...surely not the 6.....

Keith
April 21, 2014 09:21PM
Thanks Keith, Just found out that new 6" Coiltek Treasureseeker coil is a concentric and not DD. Would that make a difference in it's depth and separation? Thanks
April 21, 2014 09:41PM
Ahh makes sense...I was wondering why they would release a coil that size in a market saturated with other's of the same size..

I havent a clue..But I do Know the 8 inch Concentric on the FBS is a NO-NO....The whole platform is not designed to run a concentric it so seem's....I saw the same witth the Musketeer..a Concentric on it was just awful...the DDs were great...Same with a Sovereign..

it is aiming at being a Niche coil read as no other competition.. and maybe the smallness of it will help it somewhat...

the only way to get info on that would be to buy and try or keep your eyes peeled on the forums..

Keith
April 21, 2014 11:10PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Keith, "Just found out that new 6" Coiltek
> Treasureseeker coil is a concentric and not DD".
> Would that make a difference in it's depth and
> separation? Thanks

Could you share the source of this information with us please?
April 22, 2014 12:50AM
If you go on to kellyco's website you will see where they are selling them. No where in there description does it say they are a DD coil. Also if you go on YouTube and type in the coiltek 6" treasure seeker coil, you will see videos of the coil being used and them explaining that it is a concentric coil. That's where I got my info and why I was asking if it would be a good coil for the minelab e-trac or se. Thanks
April 22, 2014 01:06AM
Hey jewelry I went to the coiltek website and it says its a DD..

Keith
April 22, 2014 01:15AM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> If you go on to kellyco's website you will see
> where they are selling them. No where in there
> description does it say they are a DD coil. Also
> if you go on YouTube and type in the coiltek 6"
> treasure seeker coil, you will see videos of the
> coil being used and them explaining that it is a
> concentric coil. That's where I got my info and
> why I was asking if it would be a good coil for
> the minelab e-trac or se. Thanks

I'm not the expert here but it has the distinct sound of a dd when you test it--that's why I asked.
Perhaps you should pose the same question to the people who posted the youtube video!!
April 22, 2014 01:30AM
I stand corrected. I see now where it says DD in small print in your picture. I can't understand why when I went to the kellyco website and looked at it again it doesn't say anywhere that it's a DD coil. Don't know why the guy in the video said it was a concentric coil. This guy was testing a new 6" coiltek concentric coil in Aug. of 2013 for the minelab explorer series. Thanks for correcting me and pointing that out. Wouldn't mislead anyone on purpose. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 02:14AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
April 22, 2014 04:07AM
Hey Micro...

Glad we found out it was a DD..

But man whats that now 4 different coils of the same size or close to...

Sunray-5
NEL-5
DeTech-5&6
coiltek-6

starting to saturate..Now the 4.5x7 will offer a surprise in trash over the other's...in just the design aspect!

Keith
April 22, 2014 01:51PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith, this is the video on youtube I saw where the guy was testing the new 6" Coiltek coil in Aug. 2013. Is this the same coil or another one that Coiltek put out? Thanks
April 22, 2014 02:35PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
> [www.youtube.com]
>
> Keith, this is the video on youtube I saw where
> the guy was testing the new 6" Coiltek coil in
> Aug. 2013. Is this the same coil or another one
> that Coiltek put out? Thanks

That's interesting and definitely a different coil. He said it was a "sample" which I would take as a prototype. Maybe it never made it to market--I sure haven't seen one and I was under the impression the black 6" was a dd which is why your previous statement caught my eye and made me do some testing. smiling smiley