Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Kevin B are you ok?!

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Kevin B are you ok?!
April 28, 2014 10:46PM
Hey Kevin, we hope you and your family are safe and good with all this terrible weather blowing through.

Please let us know.....

Aaron
Re: Kevin B are you ok?!
April 28, 2014 10:53PM
He was talking about being at the Hospital yesterday,, not sure if it was for him or his mother?

maybe he'll post soon..yes its that time of the year for bad weather..

We have some coming late tonight early morning...dont look good..

Keith
April 28, 2014 11:01PM
Hopefully he's fine, thanks Keith.

All the best to you and yours, keep that family safe!

Aaron
May 02, 2014 04:40AM
Momma's PEG tube came out (Monday) (the water filled ballon burst) and out came the tube. It has happened before. Not a big deal is I can get the Home Health care down here to replace before stomach muscles contract and make it difficult. But the nurses at the Home health care were grounded because of immenent weather. I called an ambulance and off she went to the ER. The ER doctyor worked his magic and managed to place the PEG tube to the side of the stomach. On top of that, he pumps fluid into the tube (used to reflect X rays). Momma was finally released from hardin medical Center today after a three night stay in the Intensive Care unit!!!!!!.............for a PEG tube re-plaement, I filed a grievance against the ER doctor. Oh, he is VERY notorious for his blunders. If you look up Dr Michael Smith on the Tennessee Board of medical liscensures......he will have several infractions and disciplinary reports, including overprescribing narcotics. He's a real dandy. My father was an MD. He was the Chief of Staff at the hospital. He had had seveal run in's with Smith. Forgive me for venting. It's been a heck of a week. Back and forth to the hospital and home. The surgeon finally got the peg tube back in but momma's abdomen is distended (full of air) but the surgeon said that it was normal. It wasn't that way the last time that he first placed the PEG tube. If I was the kind of man who sued everytime something didn't go to suit me.........I could really cause a stink. Even momma's regular MD (a very professional lady and an MD of the old school-type) said that she and her colleagues were very unhappy about the events in the Emergency room committed on momma. But momma's back home now, asleep in her bed. properly medicated. Freshly bathed. Smiling occasionally (when she's awake). I just hope that the air in her abdomen recedes. I gave her some gas-x through her PEG tube earlier at the advice of the nurses at the home health. I can pat momma's stomach and it sounds like an over-ripe watermelon!!!!!
I wonder to myself.......can the do ANYTHING CORRECTLY?????? I sometimes let my mind run away and start wondering if they are skimping on their care because momma is 80 years old with endstage Alzheimer's. But I fought a good battle for her and stood up to the staff and told them that she MUST get her daily med;s unless they wanted her to start seizuring due to the withdrawal syndrom. They didn't seem to care. But I did. And made sure that they put momma's comfort in the bracket where it belonged. I am more convinced than EVER that the right decision was made to keep momma at home, even though it meant the destruction of my career. But she made me promise that she would never go to a facility. I said: "I'll make sure, momma". And I have. It's costed me,But it's been SO worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2014 04:42AM by Kevin B.
May 02, 2014 10:44AM
Hang in there Kevin, prayers sent for you and your momma.
May 02, 2014 12:54PM
Your a good man Kevin. God bless you and your mom.
May 02, 2014 02:17PM
Hang in there Kevin, your mother is very fortunate to have a son like you. Glad to hear your alright.

Aaron
May 03, 2014 03:06AM
My prayers for you and your mom, Kevin.
May 03, 2014 03:44AM
I'll pray for you and your mom as well, Kevin. You are definitely doing right by her.

God bless,

Steve
May 03, 2014 03:40PM
You're a good loving son Kevin,

God bless,
Paul (Ca)
May 03, 2014 05:19PM
I appreciate the very kind words, men. I have so many glaring defects of character, but I can make myself look like a saint on a forum. Have a great weekend and for crying out loud......somebody POST some good finds!!!!!!! Some gold? Confederate buttons??? Or bullets? Or nice old silver. My bank balance is back up there. Better look out. I wanna try something that I have never had. But something effective and deep and capable in iron. But I am sore afraid that I have had the best that there is on the market at present. But if they ever release a Bosst Process G2..........I'll have one. God willing.
I am SUCH an impulse buyer. Especially if I am sitting around all bored. I have three rows of sweet corn coming up. I have my okra planted. And two rows of black oil sunflowers (for the critters to enjoy). But I SO miss digging a good signal. It gets in your blood.......AND STAYS THERE!!!!!! lol
Happy Detectinng to all of my wonderful friends on Dankowski Metal Detecting Forum.
May 03, 2014 06:47PM
Kevin - you are a treasure - of sorts - LOL!

Keep it up. I am enjoying the GBP I bought from you and currently it is leading the pack in my little competition to choose what detector or detectors accompany me to Denmark for August and September. If the F-19 offers anything really significant over it by then - well, we'll see.