Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I can say the Omega 4 version ( 13 ultimate)

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I can say the Omega 4 version ( 13 ultimate)
May 05, 2014 05:38PM
Is very quite..

I picked up a V4 and its also very very quite till about 90 sens then some sizzle comes in till about 95 then becomes noisy overdrive ..yet still huntable.....Seesm dialed in right!

Runs like my other one maybe a tad quiter...

so I would think something surely going on with the newer unit's...

thought I would pass along two units less than a year old and both running very quite compared to the earlier one's I have had /used..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2014 02:14AM by Keith Southern.
Re: I can say the Omega 4 version
May 05, 2014 06:08PM
Keith, I had an Omega years ago, perhaps 3 or 4 and I could run that maxed out at most sites quietly for the most part.
I'm in Germany so perhaps EMI was less of an issue at my spots but that machine was nice.
For comparisons sake the T2 was quite noisy or rather sparky.

I would really like to see a high end Omega like coin machine. Perhaps a T2 CZ hybrid type machine that is quiet and deep.

Albert
Re: I can say the Omega 4 version
May 06, 2014 02:13AM
I might also add I have used the 13 Ultimate on the machine and at 99 sens 2 tone the depth it gets is Astronomical..

I dug some brass in hard packed red clay that i did not think I was going to get out fo the gorund..well past the foot mark...I actually got a harmonica Reed at 15 inches....it was lying flat though.. so im sure it helped.. but man it sounded good...

the G2 would not hit it in Disc when I checked it..

Keith
Re: I can say the Omega 4 version ( 13 ultimate)
May 06, 2014 04:55AM
Omega coil 13'' Ultimate is a real beast.
compare fairly with other detectors in the same conditions. The results will be surprising
May 06, 2014 06:29AM
So, you mean you actually played the Harmonica reed? That would have been a great video, finding a 15" deep Harmonica reed and then playing it and it sounding good.
That is up there with your stories. ;-)

Never used the 13" on the Omega, wish I had, think that would have given it E-Trac depth (only around 1.5" or so behind the E-Trac.)

For those that never used an Omega but have used a T2/F75, you can tell quite quickly it is made for coin hunting. Really nice coin machine.

Albert
May 06, 2014 12:25PM
I agree with the Omega and Ultimate 13 combo. It truly is a nitrous boost for that machine. It was the first Ultimate coil that I tried and I assumed that the coil would do the same for the other detectors out there. My buddies got one for their T2 and F75 SE and I got one for my regular F75. All three of us said about the same thing...didn't really see an increase in depth for it. But the Omega coupled with the Ultimate....holy smokes that thing would get on down there.
May 06, 2014 03:24PM
Albert the Omega with ultimate is deeper than ctx..

i dont like to compare one brand to another.but in depth I will again say it gets easy depth with this coil..not depth you have to eek out or work for but real clear sounding targets at a foot or more if there large..

i would of never thought it..

it's the lower freq coupled with the ability to run the gain all the way in the mid 90s to even 99..

now one thing the ctx does better is not chase deep iron as much as the omega..but deep iron on the Omega with ultimate i notice the display even though it's in the upper numbers it will not lock..on a goo target the numbers will be consistant..unless it's round big iron...the ctx also has superior I.d. but for raw depth the omega with ultimate vs ctx 11 the omega has advantages especially on coin..

I'm having a ball digging deep right now.I forget just how deep you can dig at times from using the high freq machines so often and their depth limitations ..especially on high conductors and big brass..

Again a G2 and a Omega are great combo...even a proper T2SE can't get the depth of an omega on high conductors in open areas when the ultimate is installed..
May 06, 2014 04:50PM
The Ultimate 13 i have on my G2 will work on the Omega 8000? If my wife agrees to get one I would rather get one that can share coils.
May 06, 2014 05:02PM
Yes it will work. The Technetics Greek series machines and several Fisher units including the GB/GBP which are virtually the same as the G2 on a different stick.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 06, 2014 06:38PM
It doesn't shock me too much to hear the Omega with the 13 Ultimate is deeper than the E-Trac/CTX.
Also, I found the Omega a pleasure to hunt with. I remember my first hunt with it. I had hunted the park
by my house for a few months with my T2 and finally decided to try an Omega - I think it was actually
because Monty was raving about it on coins. I went to that park and honestly, it was like I had never
hunted it before. I sold the T2 the same week!

And as I said, the E-Trac didn't find much more at another spot cleaned out by the Omega. I just found the
E-Trac more fun (just addicted to those polyphonic sounds). But, the E-Trac is poorly balanced and that
has driven many away.

Not to tout another but I have to throw in here, the Signum is like an Omega 8000 on steroids but with MUCH
better depth and even better balance and flexibility. So far my deepest machine. The sounds are a joy thus far.
The VID jumps more than the Omega though, but I'll take that for the added depth. That said, good to know
about the 13 Ultimate, just an amazing coil (I have it on the E-Trac and it separates better than the stock and
gets another 1" of depth or so.)

I really look forward to what Dave and company have up their sleeves. I am just waiting for them to come
out with a great coin machine (that does more). I have a feeling it will be a doozy...

Albert
May 06, 2014 06:59PM
In the last 18 months or so maybe more FT has figured EMI out....

At what I am seeing is finally able to run the machines hot..

Couple that with the ultitmate coil and the hot hyper gain and low freq of the Omega and the depths are phenomenal..

I may do a Video here in a few minutes of some airtest for us to look at...

Rod as Pastom said the coils are interchangeable between the G2/GBpro and the Greek machines..

Now the elliptical Omega Conectric wont work on my G2 ..it gives a siren sound if I attach it...but that the only problem Ive seen..

And by the way the elliptical Concentric coil on the omega is works very very well in iron on 2 tone zero disc...

Im not sure the 5x10 does any better than the 5x10 concentric...I may even give the nod to the concentric right now after what I saw yesterday..

Remember I have went over this spot with alot of units and yesterday I went to a house site that I rarely get one to two keepers out of...and even though the two tone mode of the Omega breaks tone at 40 I.D. instead of where I want it to like my other unit's it was still able to pull a handfull of brass and 3 indians in some awfull iron debris...And get this 3 of the targets were .22 short shells to boot ..I alsop dug a percussion cap brass tin ..you know abot the size of a silver dollar and about 1/2 inch thick and the P-cap's were inside..I dug it right in the middle of the house site next to a large piece of iron...I tried the G2 with the 5x10 DD but it s sounded more like a iron false than a Dig me.. the Omega with the 5x10 C. coil told me it was two target's and it was deeeeeep to boot about 8 inch's....Whoever designed that wild looking 5x10 C. coil Kudos to you for sure...never seen a concentric coil seperate like that.....

Im telling you coil design these days' is on a new level...and finally we are able to reap the benefits since the EMI issues seem to have been resolved..

I am having to rethink my thought process right now...

I almost wish the 5x10 C would work on the G2 ...LOL!!!

Keith
May 06, 2014 08:59PM
II tested omega coil 13'' vs. e-trac and deus. results are surprising,
Omega provides a strong audio all targets are detected with no problem
e trac is not detecting a target for 11''
E-trac has no chance compared to omega 13'', the difference in depth is staggering.

test for coins 1 Polish peny white nut 7' 8'' 9'' 10,2'' 11''
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2014 02:25PM by Denari.
June 17, 2014 01:57AM
Keith,
Can you compare the depth of the 13" ultimate coil on the Omega vs G2? Will the Omega hit silver coins deeper and give a better ID than the G2 due to the lower frequency? Any solid measurements?

Thanks.
June 17, 2014 02:31AM
The Omega/G2 with 13 ultimate :

The Omega is deeper....Actually the Omega is mayeb the deepest machine I have ran IN DISC MODE with the 13 ultimate...

I like the G2 for iron work but not for REAL depth..

The Omega Has REAL depth...

Ive got 3 Omegas right now Version 4s they all are dead heat even in performance....

And Im not sure what they have done to that stock elliptical but its way better at separation and depth than the first ones....

now heres the real kicker..

on hunted hard sites G2 Vs Omega in iron the Omega though the tone breaks at 40 and the G2 is selectable tone break the omega is able to hear certain targets in the iron that the G2 does not report.. and it seems to be mostly lower conductors.???..I think its because of the bad dirt and iron mixture,the G2 is handling the iron but can punch the dirt...Make sense..

The Omega here of late has beocme one of my favorite Amercian machines for depth and even some certain iron work..

in my bad dirt the T2 SE likes to call deeper past 7 inch targets iron or rolling tone...the Omega does not like to do this AS MUCH.. in good ground the T2 se is deeper with the BP mode but I dont have alot of good ground..

the Omega has one of the most accurate I.D.s at depth I have seen also in bad dirt..I think the freq gets a better peek in the mineral dirt..

As of late its hard to fault a V4 Omega...and the depth is insane with the ultimate..

Unit loves deep brass ..

Keith
June 17, 2014 05:01AM
Keith, how many deep dimes in your test garden can the omega hit?
I had one of the first omegas..... they were good shallow coin machines in my soil.
Any word on the arrival date of the f19?
June 17, 2014 05:13AM
Just wondering, would'nt the Gamma with the 13" ultimate give the same basic performance as the Omega & 13" ultimate?
June 17, 2014 08:47AM
Omega will be deeper !
June 17, 2014 03:56PM
Here is some basic airtest data on omega/G2 with several coils. you don't gain much on a dime with the ultimate but on the quarter and 1-2" brass it starts to get stupid deep.

this was to the edge of disc mode proper id (proper ID being +-5 on vdi)

It's safe to add 1-2" for all metal on omega and 2-3" all metal on g2 to these distances.

[docs.google.com]
June 17, 2014 04:49PM
Do that same test and put the omega in 2 tone..

the Omega is going to give deeper numbers ..if you go by tone..

it's not fair to compare modulated to sampled..

good chart..

Keith
June 17, 2014 06:07PM
Hey Darryl..

With the 13 on it hits all of them...

Actually with the 13 on its deeper than the ctx if you jsut want to dig non ferrous deep..

the 11 Biaxial is no slouch either but the 13 is a couple of inches deeper on even a nickle....

Heres what's the nice thing about the Omega.....and I see it constantly....it likes DEEEEEP brass of say the 50 cent size and up...

its eerie to hunt and hunt a spot and then take the omega in and dig DEEEP large brass...I know its because fo the limitations of the High freqs I use almost constantly on my sites....but its also an eye opener to see high condcutors come from the depths....

anyhthing that reads as 70 or higher on the scale will sing out out depth..

remember the audio is modulated so wear headphones for the deepies.. they can sound deep...its not like the t2 f75 in boost the audio on them beocmes saturated in boost....yet the Omega and especially in weird dirt provides depth to CERTAIN targets that fw others seem to hit...

have not completely put my finger on it yet...Its certain target's....even in iron trash..

that the beauty of using the omega g2 and t2.. they all dig different items..

I know nothing of the F19...if its not boosted Ill wait and see what the G2 offers on the revamp...the G2 needs to be boosted to contened with a GMP or DEUS DTVG on depth..not as much in iron but on depth on deepies..

Keith
June 17, 2014 06:29PM
Never used a Gamma Jeff Im not sure of the perfromance?

Keith
June 17, 2014 07:47PM
Dang it Keith...stop it! I just sent payment for the Explorer and now you post this! Now I gotta go buy an Omega too. In all seriousness...I had an Omega years ago...and really liked, it except that a good 50% of the sites I tried to use it on the EMI issues had me back off the sens to around 40 or so....at that point...what's the point? Looks like I will have to give it another shot since I already have the Ultimate coil on my G2.
June 17, 2014 08:11PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do that same test and put the omega in 2 tone..
>
> the Omega is going to give deeper numbers ..if you
> go by tone..
>
> it's not fair to compare modulated to sampled..
>
> good chart..
>
> Keith

Yeah, the chart was for me personally since those are the modes I hunt in. 2 tone is a little deeper of course.
June 18, 2014 01:12AM
How do you find out which version?
June 18, 2014 03:17AM
I think I will wait for the f19 to come out before making a decision on a back up detector for my Siggy. Come to think of it, In all my years of detecting, I've never bought the same detector twice. How many here can say that?? ( since 1975) LOL.
June 18, 2014 06:40PM
Mascard hold pinpoint down while tuning it opn and a number will flash up on the screen..

The Omega I feel is the only low freq Hypoer gain machine made at the moment....

theres al;ot fo things to like about it ..especially wiht the newer less emi ...

and they airtest as hot as a fircracker in two tone....I mean some troy X5 type number's....

handle tin well that plagues the 1880 sites also...

get one running well and see how much you use it as a all arounder..

its got great depth in the dirt to boot...

and real kicker is it unmask well wiht the stock 40 tone break...

it does weird things with iron signals.....at first it concerned me but now after head to heads, it on certian targets is amazing..

surface masking test scenarios dont do it justice .. it needs a dirt and nail mixture ...

Keith
June 18, 2014 06:53PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think I will wait for the f19 to come out before
> making a decision on a back up detector for my
> Siggy. Come to think of it, In all my years of
> detecting, I've never bought the same detector
> twice. How many here can say that?? ( since 1975)
> LOL.

I sure can't!----Nobody ever accused me of being too smart! ha ha-----A lot of us have to go around the mulberry bush several times.----I think if a lot of us "fessed up" that would be the case. grin-----I've gotten to do a lot of testing/comparing over the years though.-----BTW, I'm ("since 1975") also.-------Another BTW--I've got a F-19 coming---if they EVER get 'em out.----------Del
June 20, 2014 05:26PM
Keith
up the thread a ways you posted you have three Omega version 4 units. Is that to test different coils on targets?
June 20, 2014 05:33PM
Hey Rod that does help...

But more than anything My daughters have shown an interest in detecting and I think the Omegas are great for ease and performance of use..

so maybe thye will enjoy it more with a GREAT unit to start with..

we will have to see though...

there saying rihgt now its too hot LOL!!

ones 15 ones 11 and I dont think I ever thought about the heat when I was their ages ...

I still dont much ...

Keith
June 21, 2014 12:35AM
Thats awesome your daughters are getting out with you some keith! Take it easy on them bud...a 10 mile hike through a snake and spider infested swamp on a 95 degree day may change their minds,lol.