Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus hears good targets below iron

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus hears good targets below iron
May 08, 2014 11:23AM
Over on Treasurenet there is a thread with video with the above title.
Not having any of the machines except the CTX i cannot comment on anything but the CTX.
My findings are completely different.
What do you guys think?
Re: Deus hears good targets below iron
May 08, 2014 12:13PM
Forgot to add that the thread is under the Brands/Deus forum.
sorry
May 08, 2014 12:56PM
It's perfectly fine to post links...

Aaron
May 08, 2014 10:59PM
G2 disc to high at 35 for this test
T2 its in 2 tone so its at 40 tone break automatically too high
AT PRO disc too high at 35 for this test
SMART wheres the disc?
Blisstool ...wrong machine
CTX needs some tweaking and out of box thinking..Still may be out of its leauge..

Of course the DEUS will be the best its the fastest at 4 reactivity...and that's what shows off in that sort of test..

The nails are not on top of the coin so combined reading will not work as well as fast recovery.. and the DEUS is recovering the fastest ..

Now a combined reading say nail right on top of coin and outcome would be different.

I have a couple of videos showing the DTVG and AT-PRO with airgap nail over coin and hearing it..but its all in the ability to fine tune the nails to be on the razors edge of rejection.....the coin below the nail is still strong enough and WIDER than the nail to create a snapshot that moves the conductivity up enough to report...Now advance the airgap to a point and the nail will be stronger than the coin since its the closest to the coil..remember a inch deep nail can cancel out a 2 foot deep jar of money...

I would think the G2 on about 29-30 disc would MAYBE pass this.. as would the AT-PRO on about 30 disc iron audio on....the T2 on about 20 or so single tone....SMART may pass if he gets the nail reject to be splattery...

But remember these are just test for that one scenario and to be equal all machines have to be dialed in and they need to be a type machien that can even begin to do that test...Like HF rigs...Tight coils.. fast recovery... or excellent blendability...

No denying the DEUS is the king of the hill especially on reactivity and thats where this test is aimed at reactivity...start up shut down between target's...with razors edge disc in the nail range..

But some of the others I believe can get close ...But then again im sure theres another test that the DEUS cant pass..Like match the depth of the Blisstool..

Im not much on comparing one brand to another...And you can see why...

I did do a video once of GMP against a T2....but I made it clear that they both were in 2 tone..test was nickle lying at the end of a nail....

repoprt nail ...then report Nickle....which one won? well the GMP of course...Why? Faster recovery?..well yes a bit...but the main thing was being able to stay in 2 tone and break the tone at nail...the T2 was in 2 tone but that meant it was breaking the tone at 40 almost double the disc required to low tone the nail...no secret here but it shows if you want to hunt in 2 tone and unmask which would have an advantage...And to be honest I alwasy felt bad about showing that but I tried to make clear why one did that better than the other....there's no way the T2 could pass that...now a G2 can Why? because you break the tone to your choosing...

whatever intructional videos people do they need to make sure they do it to show the truth to the best of your Knowledge..

Im not saying this video does or doesnt but keep thing's in mind .. theres alot of people in the world who watch videos and then think this or that is the greatest when alot of times they dont understand all the facts...

Keith
May 09, 2014 09:50AM
The Deus is wonderful at target separation. Put it in the 18 kHz setting and you can find micro targets that may turn out to be great finds. Put it in 4 kHz and deep silver can be found. These things are what it was designed to do. For the CTX to even be mentioned in a test like that means Minelab did something teriffic in their design. The CTX can see muliple targets at the same time. I'm not quite sure any other detector can do it. The CTX is a big step up from the E Trac in my opinion. Not in depth, but with the ability to hunt iron infestation pretty well. The Deus can not hunt water. It is not that good in wet sand. And the target ID is not near as good as the CTX. I personally believe the CTX gets better depth for me. So different tools for different jobs. When you put out a test video you better do it correctly or the public will chew you up. And no detector does it all. I'm satisfied enough to use the CTX anywhere I hunt. Would I like a Deus? You bet. But the CTX and three coils (soon to be four) is quite a chunk of change by itself. Maybe after the next beach trip when I hit that clunker.
May 09, 2014 06:39PM
Test videos are a bit like surveys, polls and statistics- you can make the outcome just about anything you want by how you design it. Always take them with a 10 carat grain of salt. They can be helpful and informative, but if you don't know how things work like Keith or have a Keith to expose the man behind the curtain, even a vegan can swallow a lot of baloney. Metaphors mixed to taste.
Thanks, guys!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
May 16, 2014 11:17AM
Thanks for your insights Keith
May 16, 2014 07:38PM
Finally seen the video Carter made, Looks about right.

Allot of people feel a person or Carter for that mater can't be that experienced with so many detectors, I feel it is possible so I take Carter was using the best or closest settings possible to get the most out of each detector on this test.

With that said, From personal usage with the Deus noticed the iron discrimination preset is set too high with the Deus or XP GoldMaxx presets, Dropping disc down to 5 creates the Deus audio be more crisp hunting around small pieces of iron.

Also, In addition to running 4 reactivity for this type of test or hunting conditions the Deus Silencer should be set at it's lowest sitting of -1 this also helps the Deus see through iron better.

Carter was using the larger Deus coil for this test, Wonder if the stock 9" coil would have fared even better?

Paul (Ca)