Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

1280x. ????

Posted by docbars 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
1280x. ????
May 23, 2014 04:54PM
Hey all:
Anyone here have experience with the 1280 x? I'm thinking about trading my DFX in on one. Any opinions on the 1280X would be appreciated ..
Corey
Re: 1280x. ????
May 23, 2014 08:42PM
Beep and dig water machine -- 1 tone

very low freq. too - like 2.4 khz or something like that (forget finding gold unless it's a honker ring on the surface pretty much).

No pinpoint mode

I had one a long time ago -- didn't like it -- sold and bought cz20 (way better machine)!

JMO

HH
May 23, 2014 09:10PM
Thanks for the info Wayne.
I was researching it some on my break here at work, saw it was a 1 tone and single freq. The CZ20 would be multifreq so it would be good on the gold. I think i will keep the DFX for now.
HH corey
May 23, 2014 09:19PM
Hi Corey, I just got a Whites Beach Hunter 300, and used it two times and love the thing. You can hunt at night with it by looking at the lights. It hits deep and littie targets. I fround a silver chain at 4" with no clasp. Look at Whites web and see what you think. Flintstone
May 23, 2014 10:32PM
Flintstone Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Corey, I just got a Whites Beach Hunter 300,
> and used it two times and love the thing. You can
> hunt at night with it by looking at the lights. It
> hits deep and littie targets. I fround a silver
> chain at 4" with no clasp. Look at Whites web and
> see what you think. Flintstone

Thanks Flint I will check it out.
Corey
May 23, 2014 10:45PM
Man, I had one back in 88', didnt really care for it, didnt have it very long, pretty much what Wayne said...

Flintstone, had a BH Hunter a few years ago, and for even less time than the 1280x.

Try testing your lower conductors on it....

Aaron
May 24, 2014 12:21AM
Stick with your DFX unless you plan on getting into the water...then save up for a CZ21 if you go the Fisher/FT route.

The DFX is one heck of a wet sand hunter though...even in wet, salt sand. At least from my experience here in NJ. Found lots of gold with it. Rings and chains. Plus, put it in 15Khz mode and hunt the dry sand for small gold. Can't do that with the 1280X. DFX is much more versatile...the only thing it can't do is go under water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2014 12:22AM by therover61.
May 24, 2014 12:55AM
therover61 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stick with your DFX unless you plan on getting
> into the water...then save up for a CZ21 if you go
> the Fisher/FT route.
>
> The DFX is one heck of a wet sand hunter
> though...even in wet, salt sand. At least from my
> experience here in NJ. Found lots of gold with it.
> Rings and chains. Plus, put it in 15Khz mode and
> hunt the dry sand for small gold. Can't do that
> with the 1280X. DFX is much more versatile...the
> only thing it can't do is go under water.

Im going to Florida at the end of June. I will be taking my CZ5 and the DFX,and maybe the V3i.
I was offered a trade for the DFX for a 1280X, so I didn't know for sure if that would be good for me in the long run . I live in OH, so hitting the beach would only be a 1 or 2 times a year thing for me. I think I will keep the DFX for now.
Thanks all.
May 24, 2014 01:17PM
1280X at one time was considered one of the best freshwater units around but certainly not good for small gold but does go deep...Indeed CZ21 would be a better choice.