Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heads up for blisstool owners old and new-warning.

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Heads up for blisstool owners old and new-warning.
May 24, 2014 03:56PM
Well I have had my blisstool for 2 and a half months and the head phone jack went on it last week and the lower shaft fell apart yesterday. It looks like the shaft was glued into the coil mounting. Im pretty upset. Be warned.
Re: Heads up for blisstool owners old and new-warning.
May 24, 2014 06:08PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I have had my blisstool for 2 and a half
> months and the head phone jack went on it last
> week and the lower shaft fell apart yesterday. It
> looks like the shaft was glued into the coil
> mounting. Im pretty upset. Be warned.

I don't blame you, I'd certainly be upset to.---How are you going to (who is) going to get it repaired?
May 25, 2014 11:17PM
You'll have to glue it back in and secure it with a small sheet metal screw after you drill a pilot hole for the screw.
Or get a hard plastic pin and glue that in place of the screw
Many of us had to do this in the past

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
May 25, 2014 11:39PM
I would be pissed!
May 26, 2014 01:40AM
I think KellyCo will send you a new one, Someone else had the same problem Kellyco ended up replacing it.

Paul (Ca)
May 26, 2014 01:54PM
Since the owener of the company is posting about how great his units are I would think he should get involved and get this fixed for you

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Kas
May 26, 2014 05:58PM
Fix it with a metal screw? That close to the coil? interesting.....If the machine costs as much as I've seen them online, I'd be quite upset as well.
May 27, 2014 02:20AM
Thank you for the support guys. Yes this is a major set back since i really like using headphones and the shaft fell apart. As what I can do to remedy this, I havnt decided yet.
May 27, 2014 03:04AM
Well first I would talk to mr. blisstool himself...Im surprised he hasnt jumped in yet...hes always on here promoting blisstool. Let him know what happened...Im fairly sure he would like to rectify it.
May 27, 2014 10:05AM
Kas Wrote:
> Fix it with a metal screw? That close to the coil?
> interesting.....If the machine costs as much as
> I've seen them online, I'd be quite upset as well.

No different than all the detectors using a steel or brass bolt to hold a search coil onto the stem of a lower rod like most manufacturers did for the longest time until plastics came along.
A small stainless sheet metal screw is just enough to lock the rod in place after gluing.

But, since Mr. Blisstool responded to the problem on Findmall, still going to cost you $$ for shipping to get a free replacement.

=================

- Hello garwadd1,

Please excuse us for the delay in our response. Earlier today, we sent you the following answer (I post it here with additions, as it will be useful also for other users):

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please send to email info@blisstool.com a detailed picture of the fracture (the broken lower rod). There are several similar cases worldwide (a total of approximately 5-10 similar cases). We paid attention to the problem. In some plastic connectors in one of our batch, have a manufacturing defect in the plastic (air bubbles) of the Lower connecting rod. This is rare, but it does. We just revised our production matrix for them to avoid this problem. Also we provided a new and better material for the plastic for the connectors. The new plastic connectors for the Lower connecting rod, are currently available only from us in Bulgaria, as we will provide them as spare parts to our distributors at the earliest after 2-3 weeks. Yes, all broken, we will replace with new ones. The new one Lower connecting rod will be free of charge for the client, in order to replace the broken, but all shipping costs will be at the expense of the client, under our warranty. Now, you can wait 2-3 weeks to get it from our distributors or we to send it to you direct from Bulgaria (the delivery cost from Bulgaria to USA will be about 35 EUR via courier EMS (USPS)).

Best Regards,

Ahmed Merchev and BLISSTOOL team, Bulgaria
---------

Hello Ahmed
I got my replacement lower rod from Kellyco last week.It does look more sturdy. Looks like a pin goes through the lower end of the tube near the clevis connection. Is this the new engineered design with the new upgraded plastic?
can you advise? Kellyco sent it to m free of charge,they are an upstanding company and I have dealt with them several times over the years.I will be using the lower rod from my 11 inch coil to see if it fails also since it is an original rod that came with the machine.Will it also be covered under warranty? I assume it will.Thank you for following up on this post.
garwadd1
Great machine your Blisstool!
==================================================================================

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Anonymous User
May 27, 2014 03:40PM
Hello Beyonder-Pa,

About:

Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> Well I have had my blisstool for 2 and a half
> months and the head phone jack went on it last
> week and the lower shaft fell apart yesterday. It
> looks like the shaft was glued into the coil
> mounting. Im pretty upset. Be warned.

- Sorry for the inconvenience. Who exactly is the model of the metal detector? What is its version? What is its serial number? From where and when you bought it? Please send this information to our official support email info@blisstool.com , to be able to assist you on repair.

Please note that it is not serious you to write here without having to call in advance us or the distributor from which you purchased the detector, to support you, under the 3 Year Worldwide Transferable Warranty of the detector.

Please note that we do not practice to monitor all threads in all the forums, so if you have a real need from assistance, you have to make official contact with us by email. All BLISSTOOL metal detectors have 3 Year Worldwide Transferable Warranty for the quality of the produced components and in case of any factory flaws.

About the broken Lower connecting rod - there are several similar cases worldwide (a total of approximately 5-10 similar cases). We paid attention to the problem. In some plastic connectors in ONLY one of our batch with Lower connecting rod, have a manufacturing defect in the plastic (air bubbles) of the Lower connecting rod. This is rare, but it does. All broken, we will replace with new ones. The new one Lower connecting rod will be free of charge for the client, in order to replace the broken, but all shipping costs will be at the expense of the client, under our warranty. Please contact us for details.

About: "and the head phone jack went on it last week", if you talk about the PHONE connector, please note that all BLISSTOOL metal detectors, produced during the last about 18 - 20 months, have high quality PHONE connector with gold-plated pins, resistant to high pressure and frequent use. If you actually have broken PHONE connector, this will be the first such event for a long time.

Such repairs, for USA customers, can be done in three places: from us in Bulgaria, or from our USA distributors: KellyCo and BLISSTOOL AMERICA.

If you need assistance, please contact us at info@blisstool.com .

Best Regards,

Ahmed Merchev
(President, sole owner and chief developer of BLISSTOOL)

BLISSTOOL
www.blisstool.com
info@blisstool.com
+359883450667
May 28, 2014 12:18AM
Good customer relations Ahmed!
Anonymous User
June 04, 2014 05:00PM
Hi Beyonder-pa
If you haven't already made arrangements about repairs. Please email me your phone number and I will call you direct. I am service center here in the US and Canada for these type of repairs Email me at fswingthing@yahoo.com or private message me.

We will get you fixed up, no problem
Derek Asklar
Blisstool America
June 06, 2014 12:01PM
Thanks. I have tried a few different headphones and still no luck I got my unit from kellyco i will give them a call.