Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F-75 ltd depth the same when disc between 5-15 ?

Posted by dirtfisher 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F-75 ltd depth the same when disc between 5-15 ?
May 26, 2014 03:48AM
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here and the answer might be somewhere in the many posts here but please forgive this question if it is.
I am just learning the F-75 LTD and of course when setting the discrimination between 5 and 15 the chatter pretty much disappears..my question is,does this mean that the detecting strength is also diminished as well?
Re: F-75 ltd depth the same when disc between 5-15 ?
May 26, 2014 05:18AM
Welcome to the forum.

I think your numbers are a little off, but the F75 does go into a lower gain mode in that reduced chatter range, so detecting strength is lessened.
May 26, 2014 07:26AM
For Tot Lot coin hunting I just stick to factory preset, sens 60, disc 15.
It becomes a very low chatter machine, still picks up coins at more than ample digging depth.

Increasing disc up to 30 and you up the power. Dropping down to 0 and again you up the power.

I use disc very low, just to cancel out the small iron in open low trash area's. For instance dry clean beaches.
I up the disc to about 30 when hunting trash with the small coil.

Disc and sens is like salt and pepper on this machine. Needs a bit of both in moderation,... I like hunting with a quiet machine. Not something that will constantly chatter.
There are instances where you can really up the sens and drop disc,... it becomes a very very sensitive unit.

HH
Johnb
May 26, 2014 07:26AM
I think this thread may answer your question:
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
May 26, 2014 09:25AM
Thanks one and all for helping to clear that up a bit for me..I noticed that if for example I had disc set on 0 and sens set on say 55 for nice quiet and stable operation,if I went to disc 10 for example,I could up the sens to maybe 80 and still have quiet and stable operation. Now I wonder if one of those settings would trump the other for depth..I would say maybe the 0 disc and sens at 55 ..I am talking about using it in the BP mode which is what I always use..for now anyway. Again,this is a fantastic site and thank you all !
Here's a good place to start if you want to know the LTD well...
June 01, 2014 11:09AM
This thread is a lot to take in, but if you want to know your detector, it's a great resources:

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]