Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New AKA's

Posted by Sven1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New AKA's
May 26, 2014 12:08PM

Read more at Gary's forum

[www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
Re: New AKA's
May 26, 2014 01:19PM
Neat stuff. Definitely a company to keep your eye on. Wish I could get out more with my Signum.
May 26, 2014 02:40PM
So where does one get these

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
May 26, 2014 09:05PM
Fascinating. A 2 frequency detector that by changing coils you change from a 1 frequency coil to a 2 frequency coil (for as they say high mineralized soils.) Be curious how this works related to the CZ's and FBS.
Interesting that they are seeing the 2 frequency machine as for bad ground and not in general.

Have a few other interesting machines there, one a Sorex Pro / Signum combo with audio hodograph and a no screen audio only model - like that last one...

Albert
May 26, 2014 10:01PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So where does one get these

Directly from Igor in Russia....the only other option is Mikron out of Bulgaria. Prices are about the same once you include shipping but you will get better service and a slightly better price from Igor.
You can contact Igor directly and make sure you tell him I (Sven-Treasurelinx) sent you and mention it was off this forum. Helps him to track where he is getting requests from.

Igor:
garytopman@yandex.ru

Thinking of getting one myself.

Works for me
May 26, 2014 10:13PM
Thanks for sharing and yes,those are the newest models,which AKA is planning to produce in some future,probably during autumn.
For present days,there are other well recommended models-Signum MFT 7272,Sorex Pro,Berkut 5,all fully English and with respective technical data.
May 27, 2014 02:14AM
I would love to try the berkut 5 or any other AKA
May 29, 2014 02:03PM
The link is dead to Gary's detecting. All I know is ....... dual frequency on one of the new models?
May 29, 2014 06:39PM
goodmore Wrote:
> The link is dead to Gary's detecting. All I know
> is ....... dual frequency on one of the new
> models?

I have just tried and the link works.
May 29, 2014 10:32PM
looks like you have to be a member to view.... oh well .
May 29, 2014 10:53PM
silverhound Wrote:
> looks like you have to be a member to view.... oh
> well .

Good forum just like Tom's, worth registering

Works for me
May 29, 2014 11:07PM
Love the Berkut and will be getting one soon as they are released, just did the first UK review and it performed great and punched well above it's weight for the price.
May 30, 2014 07:53AM
Forgot to add the link...... [www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

Scroll down and you shall see my review of the Berkut and other great reviews done by Gary.
May 30, 2014 09:51AM
They really need an American distributor, if that happens watch them take off.

I have the Sorex Pro and it's a wonderful machine. Fast and deep with plenty of tone options to boot. The hodograph is no gimmick, it works well even at depth. It's also a fun machine to use.
May 30, 2014 03:31PM
goodmore Wrote:
> The link is dead to Gary's detecting. All I know
> is ....... dual frequency on one of the new
> models?

I probably missed it but is there information on the dual frequency unit. Sure would like a light weight unit to relic, coin and hunt with on wet salt sand beaches here in Cal.

Thanks Sven and Ziggy for your post.

El
May 31, 2014 12:16AM
try this link [www.garysdetecting.co.uk]

shortcut right to the test page.

I agree, AKA is a force to be reckoned with. The USA needs an importer.

Igor, get busy!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2014 12:18AM by possum mo.
June 03, 2014 12:13AM
I agree. An American distributer and I think the brand will take off. Quality and performance speak for themselves.
June 03, 2014 09:58AM
Hi all, couple of queries regarding AKA signum, are they really as deep as they say
and are they ok on wet sand ? Thanks in advance.
June 03, 2014 01:55PM
Craig, Im not connected with aka in anyway. I have a signum. In my soil its deeper than the explorer I had. And that was my deepest coinshooter. It works well on fresh water beaches. It probably will not work well on salt water beaches as it is a vlf. Its one weakness , IN MY OPINION , is hunting in heavy trash areas. for that, a f75, g2 , deus, etc would separate better. Also the VDI tends to jump around a bit, but the hodograph adds a new dimension.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 01:57PM by possum mo.
June 03, 2014 05:30PM
I wanna see what the 2FS will do and how it operates

I really like what I've seen of the Sorex Pro so if the 2FS can match/beat that machine in performance while operating on 2 freq. at the same time - I may just have to bite on one!
June 06, 2014 05:24AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
> I wanna see what the 2FS will do and how it
> operates
>
> I really like what I've seen of the Sorex Pro so
> if the 2FS can match/beat that machine in
> performance while operating on 2 freq. at the same
> time - I may just have to bite on one!

If the 2FS doesn't lose depth but has a solid VDI, that would take the cake. I might do that upgrade but wonder if the 2FS in regular, low or somewhat iron mineralized ground would actually be less deep?
As Possum said, it is one deep machine. It has found deeper coins that my E-Trac or DTX did and with a very good sound.
I really wonder how they do it.

Albert