Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Old Timer needs new detector

Posted by buscandopororo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Old Timer needs new detector
May 26, 2014 10:17PM
Hopefully you can give this old timer some advice on a new detector. I live in Nevada, had used a Garettt Grand Master for years and years but realize I need to get modern with a new detector. All I hunt are ghost towns in Nevada, Utah.

Ghost towns have lots of nails, rusted cans, little pieces of metal. Which detector works best to not null out and help hear the targets with the trash nails... The F74 LTD or the Minelab 3030. I seem to lean towards one then go back to the other one, back and forth. There are coins there just have to cut through the nails, and tiny pieces of metal in the ground from rusted cans, etc.

Some advice from users would be appreciated to make a decision within the week.
Re: Old Timer needs new detector
May 26, 2014 10:25PM
Not about the models you meant above,but all the conditions for better detecting seem quite usual for a success with using of some AKAs there.Look at 2 of them.
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
Some more videos you can find if interested or ask members here about additional information.
May 26, 2014 10:34PM
Hold off a little and see what the reviews are for the new Fisher F19. Should be released any day now. Or The Teknetics G2.....

Tom in SC
May 26, 2014 11:20PM
What tmanly said.
May 27, 2014 01:45AM
F75 SE with 5" DD coil (supplied).
Tek G2
XP GMP (in 3-tone mode)
CTX-3030 with 6" coil

Not necessarily in that order.
May 27, 2014 02:13AM
Tek G2
May 27, 2014 02:37AM
What Tom said

plus

I'll add the Deus and I'd bet heavy on the new F19 coming out in a week or so as it's basically a G2 with some additions from the looks of it.
May 27, 2014 10:09AM
Check out the Teknetics Eurotek Pro, adjustable iron volume, not super deep, but a fine detector for the money.