Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

tesoro coils

Posted by Bill1234 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
tesoro coils
June 01, 2014 08:18PM
Ive been doing my due dilligence in regard to the Tesoro Vaquaro I was interested in Keith's Southern opinion on the Widescan Coils saying that he was not that impressed with them. I hope I have not misquoted you Keith. Perhaps you could give me the coils you prefer for the Vaquaro in trashy areas and for coin shooting. I also have a Bandido 2 u max How about your opinion and some pointers that might be helpfill along with coil choice. thamk you Bill
Re: tesoro coils
June 02, 2014 12:32AM
Im not fond of the widescan DD coils on the Tesoro's except for the large 10x12 and the 5x10 elliptical on the tejon...

The tejon has enough Gain to run the 5x10 well ..

On the vaquero the best coil for trash hands down is the 5.75 Concentric..Ive talked to some people and they say they cant tell a difference between the 5.75 DD or the 5.75 Concentric on the H.O.T machines But I can but Im usually spliiting hair's...

Heres the advantge you will notice on the DD Vs Concentric in the 5.75 on the Vaquero....

A tesoro to get the most out of it requires you to learn to interpret pop's and clicks and such.. by this I mean a piece of rejected trash/iron will click but alos a good deep or even intermingled target will also pop or click at times on some real iffy's especially in a hunted hard site where you are trying to get the last bit..you have to learn the difference in a legitimate smooth type click to a choppy click..And what i have found when using the DD 5.75 it causes the disc circuit to become extra nosiy on rejected/iron object's...and that creates a nightmare when trying to pick in iron.. the 5.75 Concentric on the other hand offers the needed language...

The 5x10 is a nice built coil for the Tejon but not so much for the Vaquero and cibola..Oh it works O.K. but they dont have the gain to drive it to hit the smaller stuff at any real depth that the coil is designed for.. but the Tejon has no problem with it...Great coil on the Tejon...

you also ask about the Bandido 2 umax.. My all time favorite Tesoro!!that one machien netted me over 400 civil war buttons in a few short years in house sites and camp sites so I appreciate it ...never had a machine do the same since..
I found the 8 inch brown to tpo be the best trash coil....I did not like the smaller coils on that machine.. the brown seperated and taled top you so well in iron and gave it some punch too that no toher equalled it..for open areas and even areas with some harsher trash like open camps the 10.5 concentric (NO LONGER MADE) was deep and separated well.. those were the only two coils I ever needed on the Bandido..

All this is my opinion

Keith
Re: tesoro coils
June 02, 2014 02:17PM
Thanks for that excellent review Keith, I really appreciated it. regards Bill