Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thank you Keith Southern

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Thank you Keith Southern
June 03, 2014 11:57PM
I was just out playing with my Deus. Just the 9" coil, the WS5 headset. In Deus Fast mode - as it just so happened. All of a sudden - I really got it - all the Blendy, bleedy wonderfulness of it!!!

I have posted several times comparing you to a crack sonar operator, hunting stealthy Nazi U-Boats. I'm not sure my silly humor came across the way it really was meant to.

You have, more than anyone else here in the States or anywhere else - at least writing in English - have absolutely NAILED what is magic about these modern Digital Signal Processor powered detectors.

Your sharp ears and sensibility, together with your ability to describe in words what is an absolutely non verbal phenomenon have made a great contribution.

Thank you.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Thank you Keith Southern
June 04, 2014 04:35AM
Well Rick Im very glad you have gotten some sort of insight from some of the past post...

as long as one person gets some sort of helpful info it makes it all the better..

We all learn from each other,

Thanks for the nice comment's!!

now go put it to some use in the field..then post up some find's!!

Keith
Re: Thank you Keith Southern
June 04, 2014 11:07PM
My finds are from my own property 3.3 acres of pretty much undisturbed desert except for the minimum disturbance necessary to put up our house. As far as targets, well, Gold Canyon has no more gold than the nearby "superstition Springs" has springs!! except from nails, etc associated with building the house, All I find are endless bits of lead, bullet jacket fragments, shotgun shell bases, cartridge cases (mostly .22) and hot rocks.

The Deus is a revelation for me however. I stopped using the control box and am just using the Ws5 phones. Suddenly what Keith was talking about started making sense. Today I probably passed over a dozen .22 LR hulls. They all had a distinctive sound, unlike any of the other trash. Likewise the old shotgun shell bases (real brass) were very different from newer brass plated mild seel ones. I am beginning to get it. The way the iron buzz is overlaid with "sparkly bits" of higher tones - wow. I will never go back to monotone detection if Imhave a choice.

Can't wait till August when I get turned loose in Denmark for two months. Stuff right back to the Bronze Age.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold