Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F 44

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F 44
June 04, 2014 05:59PM
heard rhumors. anyone else heard anything
Re: Fisher F 44
June 04, 2014 06:03PM
Not a peep.
June 04, 2014 07:05PM
Nothing on this end, but CZ44 would be more to my liking.....
June 04, 2014 07:20PM
I would think the 44 could be top of the line and 11 maybe at the bottom....the 19 maybe in the middle....Talked to a man that works at FT . we will seee if he is windy or know something......
June 04, 2014 07:28PM
((( leaking )))
June 04, 2014 08:22PM
Sadly, I have been hearing these same reports.......I even heard that there were units in the fields being tested (not heard from anyone on this forum). So I waited and waited. It would truly have to be earth shattering now to peak my interest. Much more than a mere Boosted G2 or something like that. It would have to top the GMP and Deus detectors. I must say.....that I am truly grateful to the companies like XP who get out and get stuff designed and on the shelf while our R and D guys do whatever it is that they do. (I guess that my wittle feelings are still hurt that the F-19 wasn't released it it's country of origin first.) Just doing a bit of whining here. Pay me no mind. I'll get over it. But really, by the time First Texas releases something new.......I will be fishing. (Not that FT is the least bit concerned about whether I am impatient or not) I'm just one voice.
If the rumor turns out to be true. I'll be happy for those who dash off and buy one and I will be watching for success stories. (Just in a foul mood today. I'm slowly climbing out that deep dark hole which defines clinical depression) I'll be thinking a totally different way tomorrow. My personality is kind of like the weather in Tennessee: If ya don't like the weather here....wait 15 minutes and it will change. Smiley Face.
June 04, 2014 10:56PM
The F-75 is overdue a "step". My bet is that improvements in EMI immunity and something with an iron tone with volume control are the minimum adds.

But who knows.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
June 05, 2014 02:56AM
Its gona happen and the rest of the detectors will be shaking in their boots

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 05, 2014 02:10PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its gona happen and the rest of the detectors will
> be shaking in their boots
How many years have we been hearing this lol .
I hope it comes true in my life time or at least while I am still able to swing a detector. Fisher has done me very well for a lot of years and would love to have a lightweight cutting edge Fisher once again .
June 05, 2014 03:13PM
It should happen this summer

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 05, 2014 11:35PM
safe bet it will arrive for the "xmas" shopping season,
OR next spring!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 06, 2014 04:27AM
I was hoping for a CZ75....
June 06, 2014 04:59PM
Well if they do come out with one it's to late for me to get it. I just bought a new machine and I like to put 2years on every machine. Lol. By then this new Fisher will have all the bugs worked out of it. I guess it will be a wait and see deal for me.
Corey
June 06, 2014 07:34PM
I feel like most guys on here and I are at least SOMEWHAT friends. But I have been "hearing thru the proverbial grapevine" about this new detector for a great long while now. I wish that it had of come while I was all into buying new detectors and trying them. But alas, that aspect of OCD has been shifted to another venture. Oh, but that does not mean that I will not keep up with my daily visits to this wonderful forum. I have grown really fond of many of you guys.
And I realize that new stuff has to be tested in the field and then tweaked by the techs and engineers. And that takes time. Evidently, ALOT of it. It will not make of break First Texas if I buy one of their new machines or not. I mean, I am just one person.
If I need a "great in iron" and "decent depth" machine.......I'll go with an XP Deus. I just never have had a problem out of any that I had. I DO admit, much to my shame, that I wish that I'd have kept the last one. It was deep and great in iron. But I DO wish First Texas the very best. The wait was more than I could bear. But absolutely NO hard feelings. A bit sad maybe. But even THAT is being quite unreasonable of me and betrays my ignorance of all that entails getting a new MAJOR BREAKTHOUGH type unit on the market. Happy Hunting to all and to all a good day.
June 06, 2014 08:42PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> safe bet it will arrive for the "xmas" shopping
> season,
> OR next spring!
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

yep, that's been the mantra for 2 years at least!
June 06, 2014 09:10PM
I think FT was ready to come out with a unit...then Minelab's CTX appeared. FT then realized their unit wasn't a match or wasn't superior to the CTX and, well, back to the drawing board. Just a gut thought...no facts to back it up.
June 07, 2014 01:29AM
> ...no facts to back it up.

*Sigh*
June 07, 2014 02:14AM
I remember a Detecting show a while back that one of the guys was using a prototype machine. He said it was a multi-freq. machine that looked a lot like the F75. Maybe they have the bugs worked out and now plan to release it this year.

Tom in SC
Let's have some facts then...
June 07, 2014 02:18AM
That's just it, no facts!! Which just leads us to speculate. The forums allow us to "think" our thoughts out loud amongst fellow enthusiasts.... I remember not too long ago when the AT Pro first came out. Great P.R. on Garretts behalf. There was enough info. to keep detectorists interested, yet not giving everything away. Would love to hear something from FT ....anything!!
June 07, 2014 05:51AM
The big question is....how much research have you guys been doing in this big calm before the storm, to find new sites? Or are you just gonna sit by in idle, and hope a new detector will magically refill the sites you've already been hunting for the past several yrs? If you are doing the latter...good luck with that.

The best two finds I've heard about in recent years locally, have been found by total amateurs with cheaper detectors, at surprisingly shallow depths BUT in places that nobody else had ever looked. One kid, with a detector he bought at WalMart, found a CS Breckenridge style buckle in his front yard. I met him and got to see the buckle. He said it was only about 4 inches deep. Where he found it at...there wasn't any war activity through there that I know of. He said he had started to find some old nails and junk, which sounded to me like there was an old home site on his place. I'm guessing it might have been either a soldier's home and he lost the buckle when he came back home...the last time I had talked to him, he hadn't found any thing else that was Civil War period there. And another guy bought a Whites M6 to coin hunt with...he had been hitting tot lots and yards of people in town looking for coins. He got in one yard and dug a rectangle CSA with all 3 hooks, and a pile of Enfield and Gardiner bullets. He also had a few wheat cents and he was more excited about the wheat cents than he was about the buckle. He had no idea what he had found, other than a buckle. If I would have had a silver Morgan dollar, I could have probably swapped him in an even trade for that buckle. And he would have been the one thinking he came out ahead on the trade. LOL.
June 07, 2014 11:18AM
Geotech Wrote:
> > ...no facts to back it up.
>
> *Sigh*

Now you're 'in the know', Carl.....We're working from little squeaks, slips and our imaginations, so we can only speculate. But thanks for that little snippet,... big help.
There is a guy on another forum that is fielding a proto F 75
June 07, 2014 07:14PM
So I guess it is not a secret anymore that an improved F 75 is in the test stages.
June 09, 2014 12:38AM
It has been a long wait. I hope they deliver. New AKA detectors are coming. They look good. So this new model needs to be more than a new paint job. I would love a new all terrain multi frequency unit that has the weight of the F75.
June 09, 2014 01:03AM
Hey Carl, nowI get to lobby you also! Ever since what I see as the "Gold Bug Debacle" with endless versions and updates that confused and irritated people... Sit on the new stuff until well and truly ready for release!

There have been so many "not ready for prime time" releases in recent years from all the manufacturers that I am half gun shy to do my typical first kid on the block routine. I doubt that I will ever be deterred but. Still, would be nice to get one of the first ones off the production line and not learn in two months of an update or a fix.

Dave and Mike have got an earful from me on the subject so now is your turn. Do not succumb to early release pressure!!!
June 09, 2014 07:22AM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
Do not succumb to
> early release pressure!!!

Nothing wrong with early release if there's a USB port to upgrade firmware/software... and in this day and age, all top tier models should have this feature IMO. Throwing a bone or two for a not so distant release is good too... builds anticipation.

If there is no USB port, I will wait months to let things sort out. Did that with Gold Bug Pro, and glad I did. Also glad the GBP has paid for itself, three optional coils, an Etrac and two coils, pinpointers, all gas and all other hobby related items for me :-)
June 10, 2014 12:13PM
Hey Uncle Nudge that's a great idea. I'm with you on that one.