Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A few recent finds with the Deus, XP GoldMaxx Power & Bliss v5

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
A few recent finds with the Deus, XP GoldMaxx Power & Bliss v5
June 09, 2014 05:19PM
Although finds were kind of slim pickings still had a pretty good day with button finds, Both El and I dug up a few more buttons and below are my most recent finds. One of my finds from this site was a Regiment No. 6 Cap Henry phoenix button, My 11th phoenix button to date and she's a beauty still has the shank. Another cool find was a large silver button same diameter as the phoenix, And a few other finds always a treat digging up the past.

Managed to use the Deus, GoldMaxx Power and the Blisstool v5. Even though the finds are slim pickings will take what the short day gave, Had planed to use the CZ-3D with elliptical coil at the end but ran out of time and out of energy was running on empty the heat did us in mother nature has it's way of getting the best of us.

The area the Phoenix button was recovered is a blanket of iron, Tough to get a good signal underneath this layer of iron. So with the mindset of hitting this area with the fastest recovery speed possible and using low sensitivity switched to the Deus and set Reactivity at maximum 5 with sensitivity at 70, Silencer at -1 discrimination at 5. Then slowly moved the 9" coil not more than 2-feet side to side inching away, Sure enough masked signals starting surfacing then after several digs my 11th phoenix button surfaces.

Don't get me wrong each of the three (Deus-GMP-v5) are outstanding detectors and each have a edge over the other, Love the GMP and in fact ordered another NEL coil the Tornado but the Deus can be tweaked for these type of iron masked conditions giving the Deus an edge. The v5 is pure brute muscle great for depth and does a good job in iron masked areas that I can confirm both El and I seen how well the v5 does in an area with allot of iron so the v5 is a keeper a must have machine for my type of hunting.

Thanks for looking,

Paul (Ca)

Re: A few recent finds with the Deus, XP GoldMaxx Power & Bliss v5
June 09, 2014 09:31PM
Man - those Phoenix buttons are cool!

Great find/s and write up on the machines Paul ;-)

HH
June 09, 2014 10:57PM
Love those Phoenix Buttons Paul.

We even find a few up here nortyh of 49

Micheal
June 10, 2014 12:46AM
Those are some nice finds! I love the Phoenix button too. Very special. You are doing very well with those three machines.
June 10, 2014 01:24AM
Thanks Wayne, Micheal and Search and recovery,

Between the three detectors mentioned above, Each are a serious machine so glad to have the three of them these will be my main three for relic hunting.

The Deus well can't say enough so glad it's in the stable, the GMP another relic go-getter one of the best non-metered machines on the planet. Ordered the NEL 13" Tornado coil for the open areas and areas with fair to light traces of iron. The v5 well that is one remarkable machine, Although being new to Blisstool now having the v5 can honestly say it's a keeper it will get deep finds missed by both the Deus and GMP.

To be honest, At first didn't expect the v5 to be as good as it is with iron. From the get go was suspecting to be digging tons of iron but to my surprise was I ever wrong, Lucked out from the beginning had a grasp on the audio language so took to the v5 quickly. The only gray area at the present moment is understanding the Turbo/boost mode still kind of lost here but posted a question on this subject on another forum pretty sure will have proper answers soon.

Thanks Again gang, Appreciate the encouragement now it's down hill from here with the three machines can only get better smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
June 10, 2014 01:57AM
Sweeet Paul. I finally got pass a hurdle( car for the little lady) so getting serious about adding a new machine in couple weeks. Leaning toward going with deus,with full headphones,remote and both coils...add another rod and will basically have 2 deuses right? That way my son can use one with me too. will be asking lots of questions soon. Ray
June 10, 2014 02:25AM
Hi Ray,

That's great you won't be disappointed with the Deus, If possible get the two coil setup both the 9" and 11" coils. Try and pass on the other larger coil (11' X 14") it's too big and heavy after a while.

With the two coil combo setup, It should already come with the extra lower rod. However, Even though the Deus has the remote not sure how that would work running each coil separate one with the headset the other with the controller with wired headset? Yes, I think it will work but not sure if operating side by side will have interference between the two because they are actually running off the same like controllers?

If it does work one will have the miniature controller on the headset with no target ID but will have some functions working off the headset, The other route with controller on shaft will be fine but you will need to with a wired headset connected to the controller. Plus, each coil will need to be selected to operate with each the two controllers. Hope this makes sense.

Believe any used Deus after Jan 1st. 2013 the warranty carries over and is five years minus the date it was purchased, must have the original receipt though, Any used Deus before this date the warranty is only 2 years so might as well get a model after Jan 1st, 2013 if getting a used model.

Heck yes plenty of Deus to lend you a hand including myself, Right on Ray!'
Paul (ca)
June 10, 2014 02:39AM
You may want to wait Ray for Fisher they have a new machine that is very different coming out soon

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 10, 2014 02:40AM
Thanks for the info...I was concerned some about interference, but me and RJ usually dont hunt to close to each other.Matter of fact,I got 2way radios,cause its a pain trying to find him sometimes.
June 10, 2014 05:17AM
Awesome saves Paul.
Corey
June 10, 2014 06:56AM
Paul, You sure know how to find the juiceiest of sites! I'm curious to know what you think of the Vista Gold in a site like this, ;haven't seen your comments on this detector for awhile. So mebbe the GMP has outshone it? Or the DTVG just mimics the GMP? I've seen some pretty interesting finds posted with folks using the Gold. I have the GMP for the trashy mining camp sites out here in NV and I enjoy the tonalities it gives, especially for identifying types of iron--it will sound a very solid larger high tone on solid steel like a large chisel or crowbar or chunk, and the tin cans have the wavering edge sound--so many kinds of sounds. I like it and have made a few fun finds, but nothing really old or profound. Many thanks for your report on the Blisstool 5--I'm thinking it might make a hell of a gold detector; the GMP is almost there and Chris Ralph(Renochris) has posted his nugget
finds with the Deus on the Findmall Deus forum--that was sure a surprise.

Joel
June 10, 2014 02:24PM
Ray, If you do purchase the Deus one thing to keep in mind is to eventually purchase an adaptor so you can mount the headphone controller onto a one-cup headset. You hunt up in gold country it gets very hot and with a one-cup headphone one ear is alert for rattlers, Recently added one to the Detector Pro Rattlesnake and now will add one to the single-cup Killer Bee headphone and compare the two, Think the Killer bee single cup sounds better so will let you know once I can compare them with the Deus.

Good luck smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
June 10, 2014 02:24PM
Thanks Corey and Joel,

Joel,

Currently my Vista Gold has an issue, Has a short haven't had the time to trace the problem hopefully get her back running again soon well hopefully that is, May be fried. Had just modified it onto another shaft when a few days later the short occurred, I'm thinking something serious and of course not keeping my hopes too high. Other than this issue the Vista Good is a marvelous machine will hold it's own against the GMP, Those that have a Vista Gold rest assure you have a remarkable machine.

Yes, Seen Chris Ralph's post with the nuggets he found with the Deus. Doesn't surprise me the Deus is one fantastic detector can be tweaked for many types of hunting. Plus, With the USB port can see better things coming from XP maybe one with added features to the Gold Field Program. I'd like to see an adjustable iron staccato feature on the Gold Field program, That would be neat!

Thanks again Corey and Joel,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2014 02:25PM by Old California.
June 10, 2014 02:29PM
Congrats on the finds. First I'd heard of the phoenix button. Went looking and found this:
[www.ctdirtfisher.com]

Very interesting. Thanks.
June 10, 2014 02:56PM
Thanks Wayne for sharing the link,

The link is dead on with the history on the Phoenix button, Here on the west coast it's on every serious relic hunters bucket list to find one.

Depending on location, Some sites can give up many Phoenix buttons while other sites give up none. I've found 11 total both of the larger and smaller cuff size, They are assigned a Regiment No. from (1 to 10) (14) (20) (25 to 30).

To find and hold one is truly amazing, Just knowing the button once came from abroad then used as trade to the Indians and then the Indians traded these among themselves.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)
June 11, 2014 03:31AM
That was Nevada Chris,not Chris Ralph who found the nugs. That was the main reason Im going with the deus instead of a ctx. And yeah,I do use the rattler headphones. I tried to run a rattler over the other day...he just crawled out of my friends yard and was going into the neighbors yard..who has kids and pets. I got a Dodge dually,and tried 3 times to hit him,sneaky little sucker got away!
Hi Paul
Some nice finds there. The entire Blisstool line works great in Iron laden areas and there is a few tricks I use to tell if a target is ferrous or nonferrous. One is - If a target pin points in the same spot in both directions, it is a nonferrous item, like silver, copper, gold etc. If a target does not pin point in the same spot it is most likely a ferrous item, like a nail, bottle cap etc. I have two videos about this on the forum. This trick even works when the Blisstool is in All Metal. Try this test your self by burying a bottle cap and a quarter at 7" then scan each in both directions. It works every time. I use this trick on the beach a lot too. Hope this helps you out.

Derek
Blisstool America
June 11, 2014 05:10PM
Thanks Derek,

Can't thank you enough with all the help and support you've given me with the v5, Really appreciate this allot!

May have already seen your videos on the internet not knowing it was you who made them, Have seen allot of Blisstool videos will have to search for yours making sure I'm not missing valuable information.

I was very lucky with the Bliss v5, Out of the gate took to it right away think my use of land Pi's was a major contributor starting me in the right direction. Those too are a different breed if one can have patience with a land Pi everything else out there will be a breeze, Same with the Bliss it's not like a VLF we are accustomed to using today. The Bliss needs the user to rethink and have patience and the willing to learn what the Bliss is telling them, If one has (patience, willing & desire) then it's down hill from here.

Thanks again smiling smiley
Paul (Ca)
Thank you. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Derek
June 16, 2014 03:54PM
Sure will Derek Thanks,

Been visiting your website seen a couple of your videos the other day with the v5, Good stuff especially the first video with you hunting a pounded field you were able to still pull up some finds with the v5.

Going out soon with the v5, The learning curve get's trimmed down each trip out smiling smiley

Thanks!
Paul (Ca)
I just posted another video dealing with a recovery delay and disc. test. I think it will help you out in trashy areas . You can use more disc on a live hunt if needed and don't be afraid of using the silencer or a ferrite GB.

Derek
June 17, 2014 06:55AM
Thanks Derek,

Just seen the video, Well made and I agree the v5 has great separation in an iron laced site. Noticed this last weekend, A friend and I were comparing the Deus and v5 with a square nail placed beside and covering a coin both fared extremely well. Haven't experimented with the silencer but now you got me thinking maybe this will help increase recovery speed?

As far as ground balance have to walk a distance from the iron patch to conduct a proper GB, Then reenter the site but have read a little on a ferrite GB that I will have to look more into in the near future.

Have learned a lot from your videos and forum fellowship, Thanks again for the help smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
Hi Paul
When I am on my own hunts " off video" I use the ferrite GB most often just because its convenient and the setting is always the same. This setting really works in a area that is hard to find a clean spot. The silencer will not help the recovery delay so much as it helps to dampen the sound of erratic small iron and increases the eruption sound of good targets, in my opinion. The primary use is more for EMI or external noise. The silencer and threshold do work some what together also. This is where a test garden really helps you with any detector, to see how a adjustments effects the sound and performance of a detector. Bury a dime, penny and nickel at 8 or 9 inches and try some of your settings. Listen to the sound of the targets "Nuances" closely. If your experimental settings work for you its great, if not you can change the settings so they do. Hope the helps you out.

Derek
June 18, 2014 06:43PM
congrats on the phoenix Paul..

If I remember right only a few or less than 2 or 3 have come off the East coast...maybe Virginia?

the rest come out fo Cali..

unique history they do have!

Im happy for you..

I like that silver piece also..

I really like that iron hook!!!

Its hand forged!!! and Old...

Keith
June 18, 2014 07:51PM
Thanks Derek,

I sure will pick up a piece of ferrite, Need it for areas can't conduct a proper GB such as these older sites laced with iron.

Very excited with the Bliss v5, Can't wait to use her next trip out have a game plan to put into motion think it will help I the thickest of iron areas.

Thanks again for your help, Appreciate your contribution to hobby.

Paul (Ca)
June 18, 2014 07:52PM
Thanks Keith,

The more I find these Phoenix buttons the more exciting it gets! Every serious relic hunter on the West Coast is after a Phoenix button and here I dug up 11 total. Only have 7 left gave away 4 Phoenix buttons to friends one of them (my first) going to the property owner.

Have read some have been found back east mostly in Virginia, I know Button Digger (Geo) has dug up 3 from the east coast.

Maybe Ell will chime in, He's scored some beauties here recently.

With that being said, On a mission to find more they are a treat to see smiling smiley

Thanks again Keith,
June 19, 2014 03:27PM
I really like your displays Paul. I still can't believe condition that Phoenix is in . Paul also dug another nice button that is in excellent condition that I don't see here.

I didn't realize it but Paul told me that this is 8 Phoenix Buttons at this site in I believe 7 hunts.

Sure would be nice if you could post a picture of your treasure box with all the buttons you have dug at this current site.

Great going Paul.
June 19, 2014 06:50PM
Thanks El,

Took a count on all my buttons, The ratio of phoenix buttons out of here is 1 Phoenix per 10 buttons dug (10 to1). So far, dug about 40 buttons. If possible, can you count your total buttons from this site so I can combine the two giving us a true Phoenix button ratio. So far it's 10 to 1 with my button finds but with yours combined with mine we would get a true Phoenix button ratio, And good job El scoring four Phoenix buttons smiling smiley

The other button your referring too was an early 1810-1830 Navy button, Second one in my career that too was a beauty still has the shank attached.

See you soon El smiling smiley

June 20, 2014 05:02AM
Here is my count Paul.

19 total of which 4 are Phoenix.
June 20, 2014 04:12PM
Thanks el for that information, Combining your buttons from this site with mine the ratio is 7.5 to 1. For every 7.5 buttons dug 1 was a Phoenix button.

Excellent ratio those are incredible numbers, We'll never see this again in our lifetimes.

Thanks again smiling smiley
Paul (Ca)