Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3d

Posted by Flintstone 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3d
June 11, 2014 02:28AM
Hi All, what makes a CZ3d any better than a CZ7a or CZ6a or any CZ ? I have a CZ7a and had a CZ6a and a CZ70 Pro, Is a Tom Tured CZ3D at 101/2 " on a dime better? The guy said Tom did it, but didn,t show the tag that Tom puts on when done. Thanks Flintstone
Re: CZ3d
June 11, 2014 05:00AM
Tom's the guy who can give you the definitive answer on the validation sticker. If I remember correctly, there was a post a while back that indicated he didn't put a sticker on his early calibrations.

What the cz-3d has that the other CZs don't is the old coin mode that expands the lower conductivity end of the high tone range to get many desirable old coins at older sites, including the workhorse half and quarter-eagle gold pieces, that other detectors don't report in high tone.

A detector that detects a dime in dirt, even inert Florida dirt, down to 10.5" is nothing to sneeze at. But it's not particularly deep as far as Tom tuned cz-3ds go. Most of the 1021 units he tunes seem to get around 12" give or take a few tenths of an inch.
June 11, 2014 02:44PM
Thanks for the reply, maybe Tom will post something later. Flintstone
June 11, 2014 05:53PM
Marcomo (others) - In Europe, the CZ3D really would have a huge advantage as the coins fall over the place, right?
Might actually be more of a hindrence, but wonder...

Thanks,
Albert
June 11, 2014 09:41PM
If you google around Tom has an excellent write up on the CZ3D that will explain its workings...As far as depth any CZ original CZ6 to the CZ3D depth can vary due to its tuning, various parts and of the course the nut behind the wheel and his abilities...Whats with all these depth tests on various CZ's....what about the other big boys, how come no tests. Has me puzzled for sure...as there are many deep units out there and imagine they vary from unit to unit also....????
June 11, 2014 11:37PM
Dan the Minelab Explorer/Etracs for some reason never did air test well? But as you know in the ground they are depth demon's! The area I live in as far as depth is concerned the Explorer/E-trac and Fisher CZ's are king! That is why I have an E-trac and Tom tuned CZ-3D and always will!
June 12, 2014 03:19AM
You don't have to look far for Tom's cz-3d info. Go to the home page of this forum and you'll see it on the menu of Tom's articles.
June 12, 2014 02:22PM
My cz3d, old cali ser #'s, would take a dime in most dirt depending on variables at an avg of 11 inches...
I did a test with an explorer around 2008ish at the abandoned homesite next door (when I lived in MN)...
When we received a signal there would be no digging, we called the other person to the spot so they could hit it too...
we found the depth for the settings in which we had for the conditions we had at that time found that depth-wise both machines had about the same signal strength, but as far as identifying the object, the cz blew it away with accuracy EACH time..
Now the explorer user maybe had it tweaked as good as he knew for that dirt situation, but with all of the different settings and combinations, he might of been able to tweak it better, but maybe not, but the cz3d was basically at optimum performance at the time (for as well as I know)...
Back then I usually dug all targhets anyways, but was good to know that for at least all situations that led to each individual's target's signal at that time, my cz ruled!
Too many variables to even consider true comparisons for anything anywhere to be written in stone...but again, was great to see.
Regardless, nothing "Tom-ish" about what I typed here, just an fyi to read, forget or make of it what you will.
June 12, 2014 02:32PM
Thanks all for all this info, I didn,t take the CZ3d, i don,t think that 10 1/2" is good enough. I had a Tom,s turned CZ6a and it got 12.5" on a dime. I will just keep my CZ7a for now. Flintstone
June 16, 2014 02:52AM
I just bought a Tom-tuned 1021 CZ3D with 12.0" depth on the sticker on Ebay. It should be here tomorrow. I sold my newer Tom-tuned CZ3D and started missing the ability to go as deep as my Deus and CTX3030 but with an 8 inch coil. Going deep with a small coil means more deep finds in trashy older parks. That's what I missed with my other CZ3D. I paid a high price for the unit, but I think it will be worth it.
June 16, 2014 01:59PM
Reeseb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just bought a Tom-tuned 1021 CZ3D with 12.0"
> depth on the sticker on Ebay. It should be here
> tomorrow. I sold my newer Tom-tuned CZ3D and
> started missing the ability to go as deep as my
> Deus and CTX3030 but with an 8 inch coil. Going
> deep with a small coil means more deep finds in
> trashy older parks. That's what I missed with my
> other CZ3D. I paid a high price for the unit, but
> I think it will be worth it.

Awesome, those 12 stickers are hard to come by. I love mine and I am super pleased it carries a 12. Just had an amazing recovery at a heavily hunted fairgrounds thanks to the deep seeking ability of the CZ. I think your money was well spent.

Don
June 17, 2014 10:04AM
Reeseb = Going deeper with a smaller coil means deeper finds in trashy areas......... is the key to future technology.

What are the last 4 numbers in your CZ-3D's serial number..... and I will verify in my records?