Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 SE LE New Version 8.0 Software ???

Posted by Alan in East Bay 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 SE LE New Version 8.0 Software ???
June 15, 2014 02:36PM
I recently sent my F75SE to Fisher to be checked out. There were 3 sites I had been to where the detector would just stop detecting and just have pops and crackles from EMI. Each site had 115kV powerlines nearby (within 200 yards). The Fisher Tech couldn't duplicate the problem on a field test in El Paso but they replaced the coil connector and added some EMI shielding and sent it back with a clean bill of health. After receiving it I noticed they had also updated the software from 7.0A to 8.0. Photo shown below.

I've only been out a few times since I got it back and it seems to help the EMI. I went back to the 3 sites where I had the problems and it operates normally. It still has the EMI noise unless you run with reduced sensitivity; 60 or less in BP and 75 or less in DE or just run in AM motion. I haven't noticed any performance changes with the 8.0 software over the 7.0A software.

I was wondering if anyone else has had their F75SE updated with the 8.0 software and noticed any differences that I haven't experienced yet.

I can't say enough good things about Fisher Labs warranty service on the detector. I've never had a tech take it out in the field to test it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2014 09:16PM by Alan in East Bay.
Re: F75 SE LE Version 8.0 Software
June 15, 2014 07:06PM
Looks like Alan,s detector got some software that we haven't seen. I PM'd him and he told me that the iron tone had been made persistent at a lower volume with raised discrimination.

Visions of things to come?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: F75 SE LE New Version 8.0 Software ???
June 16, 2014 02:13PM
I heard (on another forum) they were working on resolving some of the EMI problems with the F75. But I sent my machine in for the same type of problem, but they didn't upgrade mine like they did yours. I've been wondering if it would cure some if not all my EMI issues.
June 16, 2014 03:30PM
It's part of what is coming soon

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 01, 2014 08:46PM
According to the factory: The 8.0 software was necessitated by the newly supplied display maker.and there is NO difference between the 7 and 8 software.All 2014 F75Ltd's have the 8.0. The first 4 numbers of your serial # is the month and year of manufacture.
July 03, 2014 02:43PM
How are you bring up the software number? I hold the button down and turn on all I get is LE. Mfg. date on mine is 1/14 so should be 8.0 but would like to see. Thanks JR