Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tesoro Vaquaro

Posted by Bill1234 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tesoro Vaquaro
June 15, 2014 10:06PM
Im new to Tesoro . Have a Vaquaro Discrimination dial on iron just off of all metal.Coil abt 6"abv. penny,I can raise it to 8" with same result. Im getting a solid hit on a 1980 penny is that normal?Sensitivity all the way up, ground balanced neutral.thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 12:58AM by Bill1234.
Re: Tesoro Vaquaro
June 15, 2014 10:14PM
Yes .. Normal..

Ground bal for your dirt and things will change some...when you have a Tesoro ground bal neutral you will find you are way way way too low too hunt like that...the Vaquero will ground bal in the last 75% to 95% of the top end of the turn radius in about all soils...and yes Gorund bal can effect disc behavior..

But the newer Tesoros are pretty hot on coins even with disc turned up...yet in the dirt to get that same penny you will need to back down on the disc as it will be skewed at probably 6 inches ...

most people run them at nail disc and dig deep/deep coins yet if they ran them at zinc disc they probably would loose 6-7 inch copper penny's..

Keith
June 16, 2014 12:44AM
disregard this

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2014 01:00AM by Bill1234.
June 16, 2014 01:01AM
I always gb slightly positive with my Vaq. and never really relied much on air testing, but to each their own. By the way, how do ya ground balance for neutral on an air test......? Lol.