Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coil for the Tejon

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coil for the Tejon
June 21, 2014 11:07PM
Picked up a used Tejon the other day and it came with the stock 8x9 coil. Got to use it a little in the back yard and found a 1922 dime , a old timer pocket knife,a small lock that appears to be fairly old and some other junk as usual.I was running a high disc so I did not dig any of the many nails that live in the yard. The 8x9 seems to discriminate real well so I cant complain about it.

Was thinking about picking up the 5x10 widescan and wanted to see if any of you guys had any experience with it and what you thought of it. Also how is it weight wise compared o the 8x9?

As always any info. is appreciated.
Pac Man
Re: Coil for the Tejon
June 21, 2014 11:31PM
Pacman...

the 5x10 is one of my favorite coils for the tejon...

but you will find it false more on nails than the stock...

but if the dirt is bad it works better at punching...

the weight is about the same.

for serious iron work get the 5.75 concentric not dd...

the elliptical dd is good on the tejon not that great on the cibola or vaquero..
Not enough gain to run it..

Keith
June 22, 2014 09:22AM
Thanks Keith
Will most likely get the 5.75 at some point. The stock coil is running so quite in my nail infested yard I doubt at this point unless I could find a good used 5x10 cheap I will go that route. The soil here is mild to moderate for the most part.
June 22, 2014 02:56PM
Hi Pacman,I got a package deal on a tejon with 4 coils...and that 5x10 has never come off. Great coil,good depth,but can still work those iron infested spots well. I also prefer solid coils,easier to swing in grass. I may sell it ...pm me with offer...I just bought 2detectors,and will have to sell my tejon and tdi.
June 22, 2014 03:07PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Pacman,I got a package deal on a tejon with 4
> coils...and that 5x10 has never come off. Great
> coil,good depth,but can still work those iron
> infested spots well. I also prefer solid
> coils,easier to swing in grass. I may sell it
> ...pm me with offer...I just bought 2detectors,and
> will have to sell my tejon and tdi.

Ok ...what did you get....New detectors?
June 22, 2014 09:36PM
mascardi, nothing too exciting bud,lol. Omega to go with my gb pro and just scored a deal on a gp extreme. So looks like I will be selling my Tejon & TDI.