Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First Texas 3 New Detectors

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: First Texas 3 New Detectors
June 26, 2014 03:09AM
Thanks Lawrenzo..

But I think it may be here before we know it...

things are moving awful fast here of late...

Another thing of note especially with the Google glass or maybe others in the near future

is the ability to film and transmit live feeds..

could you imagine watching a live feed on youtube from say anywhere in the world as the guy metal detects....we could hear what he hears see what he sees and have the headsup detector display also....all in 1080P or even higher...almost like you would be on the hunt.....

Person could just tell you what time to tune in and go live with him on a shoprt hunt or even an all day ..

perfect for people in inclement weather or sick or cant get out no more...just set at the house and watch live HD full on digs...with no commericial's...

Heck the guy doing the dig may even be able to corespond with the watcher's!!!!!how cool would that be.????..

talk about some excellent tutorials......

I know I would do some live feed broadcast ...Ive actually already thought of ways to maybe do them now...

need an unlimited 4G data plan for sure...LOL!!!

Keith
June 26, 2014 03:39AM
Im still trying to figure out my smartphone.
June 26, 2014 05:09AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks cheap and plastic like the usual First
> Texas detector. JMHO.

true!..not sure why,but first texas detectors definitely
have a cheap 'toy" like look to them!.certainly don't carry a
toy like price!..must be the molded plastic,and the "mass produced"
look as well!..just looking at them,it seems like they might break if not handled
carefully in the field..just do NOT look durable!..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
June 26, 2014 03:26PM
Yes even water proof glasses for lake hunting would be great it can be done but I think that we won't see it for a long time...we'll see Keith but a great idea bro.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 26, 2014 09:12PM
I think you are right on the spot with your thinking Keith. The app will be cheap or even free. The Google Glasses and phone plan could cost big bucks. Technology is advancing at an unprecedented rate. We will just have to have a mobile hotspot built into the phones. Heck, I video talk unlimited time to my fiancée in China every day now and it does not cost me anything over my basic monthly rate. So would be very easy to accomplish in the near future, I would think. Of course someone would have to make a killing designing designer Google Glasses because no one wants to look like the stereo typical detectorist at the beach with the plaid shorts, black socks, and dorky eyeglasses. Gosh, don't we detectorists have enough to overcome in our public image already...LOL!!!
June 26, 2014 09:25PM
Would love to see a live civil war relic hunt. I am all for the new technology. I wont be able to figure it out but that's what my 9 year old daughter is for!
June 27, 2014 04:02AM
But on the downside,all this will make it easier for big brother to track everymove...now they can have proof your detector was on while you where at that blm or core of engineers land that has somewhere in the rules no detecting.
June 27, 2014 03:36PM
deathray, at somepoint there will be a backlash against all this government controlling everything. The Gov. will then become afraid of us.
June 27, 2014 06:36PM
Could you imagine TPTB get your CTX machine and question you about some holes in a park...then check you gps data on the CTX and Uh-Oh..LOL!!!

good point Ray!

Keith
June 27, 2014 10:02PM
Technology is moving at warp speed as Keith says. Whether you consider that good or bad doesn't matter. Adapt or perish. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But it is definitely adapt or be at a competitive disadvantage. Financially, socially, and in most other aspects of life.

I seldom watch you tube videos, but Mr. Southern and a few others make very good ones. They are in the tiny minority. From what I've seen, most amateur videos are exercises in ego tripping with little or no educational or entertainment value.

For me, detecting is kind of like bowling. I enjoy doing it, but I don't particularly like to watch someone doing it.

I'm definitely not as excited as Keith is about the thought of a society full of glassholes.
June 28, 2014 10:26AM
JamieinMaine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe I'm wrong, or crazy, but how does plastic
> "look" cheap without touching it. My Eurotek Pro
> is plastic, but very light. It also does not feel
> cheap. Just my observation.
> I am looking forward to some new units to check
> out.
> HH all

I agree JM, After years of lugging, using, and moving heavy steel tools and machinery around, working with something light weight, is a pleasure and takes the "work" out of it.