Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally got my new coils and knobs for the Vista Gold today...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally got my new coils and knobs for the Vista Gold today...
June 29, 2014 06:23AM
Deeptech was fast getting my old falsing coil replaced,the 11" elliptical, and decided to add the 8"x6" elliptical and replacement knobs as well. I really do like the Gold and the smaller coil should really be a pleasure to work with in iron infested areas. With this machine at 25kz and the RG1000 v2 at 12.5 kz, I feel I have the tools I need for my relic sites pretty well covered for the time being. I just need some time away from work to put them through their paces.
Really, I would like to thank Keith for all of the testing and video's that helped me to decide to try these machines out. I am impressed with their ability to separate good targets in iron(fast recovery). Now that the coils are waterproof and the shielding on the cables are better and the knobs are up graded, then I expect to be very happy with these machines. Deeptech seems to be trying to make quality products and has listened to the customers complaints and addressed the issues quickly. Now if they could just an American distributor for sales and service then many more machines would be sold...Stuart
Re: Finally got my new coils and knobs for the Vista Gold today...
June 30, 2014 08:59PM
The Vista Gold is my favorite Deeptech machine...

Glad the Videos helped..

Keith
July 01, 2014 04:25PM
Glad to hear you got the knobs and coil replaced, Deeptech is top notch.

Looking forward to seeing your future finds, good machine for the type of hunting you do.

Paul
July 01, 2014 11:23PM
The new coils work perfectly and I really like the 8"x6" coil. The new knobs are a dramatic improvement over the old. Makes the machine feel much better made. The compression fittings will not slip no matter how hard you twist on them. You have to cut the shafts for the knobs. They say to cut to 5 1/2 mm. In reality they have to be cut shorter for the knobs spacer to rest flush against the control panel. Basically cut half the length of the shaft off and try to see if it will fit flush. If not, then cut a little more off until flush. Forget cutting with a box cutter. Plastic is too hard and makes this dangerous. Use a dremel with a little cutter disk. Cuts like a knife through butter. And you can use the disk grinding pad to make the end of the shaft flush and even. Push new knob on and tighten the screw for the compression fitting. Five minute job. $27 for knobs, seems expensive, but well worth the cost. More of an improvement than I would ever have thought. So much so that now I have to order the knobs for my Vista RG 1000 V2. Only four knobs on that machine, so the price is $22.