Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who here is buying the F19?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who here is buying the F19?
June 30, 2014 08:25PM
And when the heck is it going to be released?

They said "June" but tomorrow is July already and it's still not available??
Re: Who here is buying the F19?
June 30, 2014 08:57PM
Im holding out to see what the G2 looks like first..

I hear its different than the F19...

Im pretty sure the Gold BugPro will no longer be made..if you look at the websites that list coil's for the the Fishers they dont list the Goldbug just the F19/F5 as compatableUsed to say GoldBug pro and F5..

makes sense though...
July 01, 2014 12:39AM
I'm with you on that one Keith

even if it's a $100 to $200 more but has more to offer in features and functions (especially a BP mode and/or a combined static/disc mode) it'll be worth the wait imo :-)
July 01, 2014 01:29AM
I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting on a new G2 with BP mode. Teknetics had a post on their facebook page asking people what they would like to see in a new G2. Most asked for boost...they replied that that would be very difficult due to the platform it is built on....take it for what its worth.
July 01, 2014 01:35AM
I am anxious to see some honest reviews. Fast recovery boasting is what caught my eye.
July 01, 2014 01:49AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im holding out to see what the G2 looks like
> first..
>
> I hear its different than the F19...
>
> Im pretty sure the Gold BugPro will no longer be
> made..if you look at the websites that list coil's
> for the the Fishers they dont list the Goldbug
> just the F19/F5 as compatableUsed to say GoldBug
> pro and F5..
>
> makes sense though...

Hey Keith

since all FT did was give the Gold Bug DP/Pro a new name (F19) and some added features (back light, notch disc. and iron vol control)

I can almost foresee Tek doing the same to the G2 and renaming it a G3 or something and then charging $150 more for it like they did with the Fisher!

If that's the case = it's a sad day for US companies (especially fisher) and I'll be greatly disappointed!

I'll have to turn to that new Sorex due to come out with multi-freq... Those Sorex machines are one to keep an eye on IMO -- they seem to be making leaps and bounds in their designs/builds!
July 01, 2014 02:07AM
Designing a metal detector with new features is probably difficult. Bringing it to market in the form of a solid reliable product which reliably delivers on it's advertised capabilities is damned hard.

All major manufacturers have hit "bumps in the road" doing this. FT is no exception, the new Gold Bug platform roll out was a mess.

Hopefully they have learned and the F-19 will work right out of the box (pun intended) and buyers will be happy.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 01, 2014 02:31AM
On Fishers Facebook page, they had a contest. It was for the First F19 that comes off the line on June 29th. So I would assume that
dealers will be receiving them in a couple of weeks. I ordered one and my dealer said I was the first to place an order. So I hope to get it soon.

Tom in SC
July 01, 2014 04:53AM
The F19 looks like a nice replacement for the Goldbug/G2. I don't feel too compelled to buy one though since I have a Goldbug Pro already. Maybe if it is deeper for some reason. The rumor about a ''G2 pro" going around that is supposed to be different from current machines has me really curious.

I'm pretty happy with my current machines that continue to make me great finds. I would however, like to see how well one of the newer Omega 8K's handles EMI compared to the one I own.
July 01, 2014 03:34PM
They have to offer us more for us to spend more...I would just wait and see what they do this year...F19 I will pass and maybe they know it won't be a big seller but it will cost less then a new G2 so they will get a more entry level customer.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 01, 2014 09:56PM
I think folks will appreciate the F19. The enhancements make it a more useful tool.

One of the things I disliked about the Gold Bug Pro and G2 (I've owned both) was the way the Disc and V-Break were combined. On the F19, these two features are seperated. V-Break and Disc are seperate functions and operate independently of each other. The addition of the FeTone and a user defined, adjustable notch make it more versatile. Its actually a pretty good tool for the historian and the treasure hunter. I think folks are going to like it.

The backlight is RED, by the way. How cool is that?

HH
Mike
July 01, 2014 11:20PM
as a relic hunter, except for the iron audio feature, there is nothing here that improves much over my G2. I will guess that the new updated G2 will likely not feature anything earth shattering either, especially since they said on their facebook page that adding boost would be difficult on its platform. I am beginning to suspect that FT is perfectly happy unveiling machines like this F19, Eurotek Pro, new BH's etc. and for top end units continue with the F75/T2's etc. since they still sell plenty of those.
wjs
July 02, 2014 02:08AM
I have one on order. When it gets here I plan to do a pretty good video and go over all the features and then take it to the field hunting. Hopefully its release is not too far off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 02:09AM by wjs.
July 04, 2014 07:45PM
I'm intrigued for sure.............looking forward of demo's of this I know one thing I've got to get another machine to play after my gold panning and sluicing I'm starting to miss detecting.......a rusty nail dig would be good about now LOL!
July 05, 2014 02:34PM
Unlike you guys, I have a budget I must live within and the $800 price tag is a deal breaker.
Although, a red back light does sound cool....
July 05, 2014 09:54PM
Not sure what you mean by" unlike you guys". WTH???
July 05, 2014 11:38PM
Whats with the "unlike you guys" gig??----I thought we were/are ALL in this game (great hobby) together!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2014 11:41PM by D&P-OR.
wjs
July 06, 2014 12:04AM
First of all you should never pay the MAP or MSRP. If you call around to enough dealers you can make some good deals. I had to sell my G2 and then add some money to get (Pre order) mine. I am sure some used ones will hit the market not too long after they are available. For some reason the Fisher or Teknetics do not seem to have good resell value so you will probably be able to pick one up at quite a savings. I think the main reason (for me anyway) is the non transferable warranty. If they dropped the warranty to two years and made it transferable that would probably help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2014 12:07AM by wjs.
July 06, 2014 01:12PM
They say they have them

[www.metaldetector.com]
July 06, 2014 01:25PM
markg Wrote:
> They say they have them
>
> [www.metaldetector.com]
> ector

They said they now have them in stock?-----Their ad says "pre-order".
July 09, 2014 12:50AM
deathray Wrote:
> Not sure what you mean by" unlike you guys".
> WTH???

It's a joke fellas - c'mon, lighten up a little.
July 09, 2014 09:56AM
F19 units have been shipped out to dealers.

Tom in SC
July 09, 2014 10:48PM
Looking forward to the reviews and videos. Hope some are up this weekend.
July 14, 2014 02:30PM
I just read through TEKNETIC'S Facebook Page status updates. The ask the question: "If we made a new F19 from a Gold Bug PRO -- and it will do great things for the Relic Hunter. At a store near you in June. So . . . what will we make from the G2?" Then, members of the Teknetics Facebook page responded to their question. One guy stated that he would like to see Boost Process on the new G2. TEKNETICS stated: "Boost will be tough. But we'll look into it. Good suggestion. The units with boost run at a different recovery speed...Not sure if we can do that with the g2 supercharged for relics platform..."
I am assuming, from my light research into this matter, that the F-19 (by Fisher) and an upgraded (cosmetically???) G2 (by Teknetics) is about all that is on the scene for this year.
I hear no mention of an earth-shaking new unit that is suppose to introduce a new paradigm of technology to the detecting world. The only time I hear that.....or READ that.....is in posts on forums.
When/If they start resorting to making pink units for the ladies, and camo units for the guys (concentration on cosmetics as the big 'change') then perhaps they have reached the end of their tether.....technology-speaking.
I certainly HOPE that is not the case. As I am a big Teknetics fan. Fisher, also. They have the best units (ergonomically-speaking) within reach of many of our pocket books.
I take that back: The Deus was a good deal lighter than their lightest.
No matter: I wish them well.
July 16, 2014 12:02AM
rename it to F-7.5 and I will buy one.
LOL because the overwhelming trend is higher freq.
Pac Man