Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom Dankowski Seminar

Posted by Suncoast Wally 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Thanks Wally
June 05, 2010 12:50AM
Wally,

JUST received my copy. Have not had a chance to watch it. Will let you when I watch it...............and ...............especially if I learn something.
Re: Thanks Wally
June 05, 2010 03:11AM
Tom, My advice is view it carefully and pay attention and you just might learn something. Oh yeah that was you doing all the talking.....well I enjoyed it. Got my farthest order today, all the way from Norway.

I hope everyone enjoys and learns!

Wally
Re: Tom Dankowski Seminar
June 05, 2010 11:19AM
If you get one tip that results in one find that is a valuable find, well you know where I'm going with this.
June 10, 2010 01:28AM
Wally,

I JUST finished watching the 'relic' DVD only. Have yet to watch the 'beach' DVD. The video/camera quality is much better than expectations. Never knew I moved so much. Must have been difficult for the camera crew(s). Yes, thank God for the secondary/back-up camera in the audience that captured the audio portions that had a few glitches on the primary camera.
I can see that I missed some 'content' in the relic video. There were plenty of topics that I could have covered; yet, time constraints dictated. (( A 5-hour seminar approaches redline )). All-in-all.........it turned out quite good.

I'll try to watch the beach seminar DVD within the next 48 hours.
June 10, 2010 02:29AM
Tom,
I was very pleased with it knowing that we had a few limitations going into it. But by all the comments I think that most everyone was satisfied with it.
Well, if we do it again we'll have to put a fresh set of batteries in, wind you real tight and turn you loose. We all appreciate your extraordinary dedication to this hobby although in your case you have stepped way beyond the realms of hobby.
June 10, 2010 03:41AM
Tom you have to do another one next year and have photos and as far as moving around that is what makes you, you and I never thought about it till now and you were a perfect speaker...you missed a few things? It was that guy that wanted a coffee break that made you miss some of your great thoughts and your great energy. OK NO BREAKS OF ANY KIND!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
June 10, 2010 10:49AM
No one fell asleep..........but some folks were ready to 'burst'.
June 10, 2010 01:16PM
Wally,

I JUST finished watching the other DVD.........the beach seminar one. Once again, I'm shocked at how good your camera man was, how far away the camera was, how zoomed-in the camera..........AND THE CHALLENGE it must have been .... for him to track my EXCESSIVE 'moving around'.

I liked the beach seminar DVD better........although, once again, , , , I could have covered many more topics; subsequently, leaving the feeling of incompleteness (probably just to me.....in my eyes only) . I question if I would have 'overloaded' the audience if I would have been more thorough/comprehensive. I think it's good that I watched this beach seminar DVD..............as, it gives me the opportunity to do even better on the (not yet released) actual 'swinging a coil' beach hunting DVD. They will heavily complement one-another. Seeing things from a different light....is always a good thing.

PLEASE give your camera man a 'KUDOS' for his efforts........... and a pain reliever for his 'tracking' arm.
June 10, 2010 03:05PM
Tom,

Not sure how others here may feel but I would enjoy a DVD done on a super technical level too. What I mean is an in the shop type of showing of the electronics involved with the different aspects of detecting. What is the detectors actually doing from a tech point of view. Phase shifts, frequency oscillations, sending and receiving signals, signal amplifications, what is the detector actually doing to discriminate, pin point, etc.. You are such a great speaker, teacher, with such a wonderful back ground of knowledge and experience that those of us that hunger for more would certainly appreciate hearing and seeing you explain these things with charts, drawings, demonstrations, and explanations of how we can maybe test and or tune our own detectors if we have the right equipment and skill to do it. Please!!!!!

Jeff
June 11, 2010 02:01AM
Interesting! And you are not the only one that has asked me to get 'extremely' technical. When the new beach hunting DVD is released...... you will see it is quite a bit more technical. THIS WILL BE A "TEST-THE-WATERS" video......to see how the general public reacts (accepts). It'll steer a 'future' direction.
June 11, 2010 03:08AM
Can hardly wait. Thank You.
June 12, 2010 02:53PM
Just received my dvd yesterday and watched it last nite. Great job Tom! I don't tend to be a relic hunter but still found it very educational.
The beach presentation was an eye opener. Tom, would it be worth while to carry a 2ft long probe and use it to locate the hardpan layer?
You also mentioned a detector you are working on ,I think you called it an AU21X. Is it vlf or pulse, and when do you expect it to see the light of day/
One last thing is Eric foster mentioned in a post which I can't seen to locate, a pulse detector made by either Garrett or whites,I think it was an 500Xl
which he said was a very powerful detector. Are you familiar with it and would it compare to the Aqua Search?
Once again thanks for the great DVD's, look forward to your next one.

P.S
Thanks Wally for the great service!!!
June 12, 2010 05:57PM
Just ordered the DVDs, thanks for providing them Tom and Wally. Something in detecting hobby to get excited about for a change. This year has been a banner year of futility up here in Daytona. I swear I think someone has blocked the gold frequency on all my beach machines.LOL No kidding, it's been very, very bleak. The DVDs will give me something to look forward to for a change! Hey, who knows, maybe it'll even change my luck!
June 13, 2010 01:19AM
Daytona Beach has recently been replenished.........and the new sand has plenty of aluminum can slaw in the mix.

Eric Foster & White's electronics have hooked up. The new TDI is (sortof) a GoldScan 5C. I think all this info is in the thread CZ Salt training 101.

Au-21X has been a done-deal for 5-1/2 years. VLF.
September 14, 2010 10:00PM
For those of you of whom purchased the seminar DVD 2-pack; you asked for an article AND PHOTOS of the relic portion of the seminar. ON THE FRONT/HOME PAGE OF THIS WEB-SITE is a short-summary article (3 web-pages) with many high resolution photos. Every photo in the article is (initially) low resolution. You can 'click' on nearly every photo in the article.....and it will transition to high resolution. Then...........you can use your zoom feature on your computer.....and zoom in to each photo with even better viewing/resolution.

To perform an archieological site excavation... is a major life-changing undertaking.

When you read this article......you will realize what I have been doing for the past 1-1/2 years of my life. Extreme concerted effort. It should also be obvious as to 'why' it is difficult for me to keep up with this forum.

Also, Ft. Meade, FL is a town with extremely controlled metal detecting ordinances.....due to its exceptional history. City Hall permit is required/mandatory.
September 22, 2010 06:25PM
Hey Forum friends,

Just a reminder we still have a supply of the Seminar DVD's left and for many of you the cold winter and frozen ground time is near. Now is the time for those who have not yet got a set of the DVD's, to do so, for your season of research. And those of you that don't suffer the ills of bitter winters it is still time get a set of DVD's so you can put your gained knowledge to immediate use!

Don't let your forum buddies get ahead of you with their newfound skills. It's really painless, just go to the forum home page and click on the big button to get more info on the Tom Dankowski Seminar DVD's and I'll get your set on the way within the day I receive your Pay pal receipt or personal check. You should have you set within 3 days.

Suncoast Wally