Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Snow Snow Snow ..and more stinkin Snow

Posted by ozzie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Snow Snow Snow ..and more stinkin Snow
February 26, 2010 01:24PM
It makes for lovley scenery, but I've seen enough! We're having a blizzard here in Pennsylvania as I post.

Anyway, all you MDers who are in good detecting weather, need to help us who are stuck in the house.
The next best thing to finding coins & relics yourself, is watching someone else find stuff.
So, Please Please Please! post some videos or stories of your hunts...(make them long ones too).
Re: Snow Snow Snow ..and more stinkin Snow
February 26, 2010 02:23PM
Ozzie..I hear ya. Come hell or high water I am going to the shore tomorrow for some beach hunting.

I had thought I would finally get a chance to try out my 3D in one of the parks near by since the rain and warmer weather was melting the snow, and then this happens.

This is BRUTAL !
February 26, 2010 02:39PM
Ozzie and Rover,

I usually relish during this time of the year, since I live in Florida, and can get a few digs in on you guys up in Igloo land. .... But this year has been brutal. January and February combined have made this just about the coldest winter we have ever had. El Nino creates a steady west wind that we have had to deal with for 6 months or more. I live on the Gulf Coast so the steady on shore winds shut down the water hunting and the economy shut down the tourist flow so we suffer the same problems you do but not because of snow!!!

wally
February 26, 2010 02:55PM
Therover, hope the roads are clear for ya, drive safe. Find some goodies and write us (in detal) a long story about your hunt. I wonder if Atlantic City would come up with good finds. My md guru told me someone found a gold coin there a few years ago. Back when AC was young, it was a place for the wealthy. Anyway...,let us know how you do.
February 26, 2010 03:25PM
I'm sorry to hear that Wally. I guess I'll have to change that picture in my mind of Florida with the warm sun, gental breeze, walking around with a deserved beach bum attitude, swinging a detector without a care in the world...I better make a cup of coffee & get out of dream world. I guess I'll go shovel some snow.
February 26, 2010 04:31PM
In calif it is rain sun, hunt. clouds hunt, rain wind wait. But we only have to wait a few days to hunt. But some of you have the history we don't have so maybe a trade off?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 26, 2010 05:41PM
California has a nice history with Spanish & English explorers as early as the 1500's Settlements & fur trading posts in the 1600's. Missionarys from 1600's to 1800's. Much less populated early on in Calif., than the east coast but you have "gold in them their hills".
It is exciting md-ing here in the counties outside Phila. with all the old stone farm houses & barns built in the 17 & 1800's.
The county where I live, requires us to get a permit to md in the county parks, at no cost. I have been stopped several times by game wardens checking for permits...now they just wave and move on. At the State Parks we have to stop in at the park office to ask permission.
If ya do your homework (plenty of time now) you can look on old maps of the parks to locate where the now "lone gone" houses were... then md in that area till you hit the square nails.. and bingo, buttons,large cents, musket balls,etc., love it, cant wait for better wheather.