Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Imagine explaining THIS to your wife!?

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Imagine explaining THIS to your wife!?
July 06, 2014 04:38PM
Re: Imagine explaining THIS to your wife!?
July 06, 2014 05:21PM
Carl Morelands' collection (part of...) I believe.
July 06, 2014 06:20PM
Aren't these all of the Lost Treasure Magazine Sweepstakes Detectors that imaginary people have won? lol

Look at the big white donut coil on the end, that sucker must be heavy.
July 06, 2014 06:27PM
I would rather have a root canal!
July 06, 2014 07:47PM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would rather have a root canal!

LoL

where would you even start!?

Ummm - yes dear - I know it may look like I have an "obsession" that would take yrs of therapy to help me get over but I promise - it's just a hobby!!

P.S. - I know we're on the verge of bankruptcy due to what you perceive as my "obsession" but I'll just get a 2nd job and everything will be okay!!

PPS - please don't leave me - I'll change - I swear!!
July 06, 2014 07:52PM
I'm sure if they are for a garage sale she will be happy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 06, 2014 08:44PM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> deathray Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I would rather have a root canal!
>
>
> LoL
>
> where would you even start!?
>
> Ummm - yes dear - I know it may look like I have
> an "obsession" that would take yrs of therapy to
> help me get over but I promise - it's just a
> hobby!!
>
> P.S. - I know we're on the verge of bankruptcy due
> to what you perceive as my "obsession" but I'll
> just get a 2nd job and everything will be okay!!
>
> PPS - please don't leave me - I'll change - I
> swear!!

Another PERFECTLY logical explanation would be--------Yes dear, I realize that there (may) appear to be two or three in excess----but----they are all needed in the pursuit of this great hobby!!----Besides that, they are our children---you don't just get rid of family!!!!---------If that doesn't work---I guess we could agree to therapy-----but these wives have to realize that takes a great deal of time---we would have to be "weaned off" these detectors VERY slowly---for fear of a relapse!
July 06, 2014 09:33PM
Yea, but they have no problem spending. I can bank on my wife to come back with 10 things when she went for one. Not only that, she gets all her nails done at once.
July 06, 2014 11:19PM
The lowly Ace250 will run circles around most of those.
July 06, 2014 11:30PM
Dang, where would you put them all.
July 06, 2014 11:34PM
If you look carefully you will see a few top shelf....wonder if its some sort of record number...In any case a nice picture to show the better half as your 3 or 4 don't hold a candle to this bunch and you will be a rookie in her eyes....and might be able to buy just one more......
Wait till I show the boss this picture.....
July 07, 2014 12:41AM
What came first the detectors or the wife?

Funny thing is those are the detectors Carl didn't have room for in the house and garage.......................

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
July 07, 2014 01:44AM
man must have his toys!..life without toys
makes jack a very dull boy indeed!. heck,.i am seriously thinking
of degenerating back to a 10 year old,so i can be taken care of with no worries,and play with my toys!
it's a shock to grow old mr. russell !...ehe! he! he! he!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 07, 2014 02:12AM
What makes this bad for me is I actually know what a lot of them are..... Man I have got to quit buying and selling detectors..

Tom in SC
July 07, 2014 02:21AM
Anybody ever count those buggars up to see how many of them there are?-----I started to but my head got to hurtin! ha-----He's got more in his house????
July 07, 2014 07:09AM
Poor outdated detectors. Reminds me of the useless Artificial Intelligence bots ready for destruction

July 07, 2014 07:58AM
I see more than a couple I'd like to have. Does that mean I need to start my 12-step program?
smiling smiley

mike
July 07, 2014 01:32PM
Wow brings back fond memories of swinging those old wrist breakers. I think I have used close to half of what is pictured and still have a few. Think I have 3 AH Pros . Man did my late father and I ever dig a ton of old coins and silver with those Super Pro V's .
July 07, 2014 03:11PM
What wife?
July 07, 2014 10:08PM
The caption for the picture should read "Welcome to the museum of detectors past". You know, suddenly most of my detectors do not seem so heavy anymore. Did the guy happen to have a picture of all of the treasure and relics that he found over the years with his detectors? Now that I would love to see. Makes me wonder what his detector rack system looks like and how big his game room is...LOL!
July 07, 2014 11:07PM
The picture above, Carl has an extremely nice collection, Very nice indeed and most of those still work.

Another vintage detector that will soon be in his collection is a rare Roach detector, Have two of them and a few months back offered one of them to Carl. In all my years have only seen two Roach detectors surface, And those are the two I currently have.

I don't think Carl or any of the other few vintage collectors will ever post a picture again of the entire collection they have, What you see here of Carl's collection was several years ago he's acquired allot more since. It's just too much to take them out and line them out and then, Place them back away in storage or display them back to a home like museum type of display.

As far as I know, Only two other people have enormous collections like Carl's. And each of them have a few rare models the others don't have, Would be cool if these three were to get together someday smiling smiley

HH, Paul (Ca)
July 08, 2014 12:31AM
Hey Paul,From what I have seen of your collection you are not to far behind these guys! You have a ton of rare and beautiful detectors yourself. You even have a Sovereign with the rare Joe Patrick analog meter you hooked up yourself. I wish I had half of your electronic knowledge.
July 08, 2014 03:36AM
me too! ..tom!
brings back "tons" of memories!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
July 08, 2014 11:02AM
And I thought I had it bad with 11 detectors
July 08, 2014 01:30PM
Hi Harold,

Collecting vintage metal detectors is a great hobby, and still use them once in a while. Do have a few extremely rare models no one else has, was so lucky to get these for the collection.

Lost count but its up there in 3 digit territory, was a time I would keep count but later on realized to collect and dwell on them was wrong. So now just enjoy the hobby for what it is and if a rare model does surface and do acquire the unit that's OK, and if not that's OK too.

Recently a friend connected me with someone having a 1930's Fisher model and looks like I may be adding this one to the collection if all goes well, its a short drive up state we'll see if it's meant to be.

Joe Patrick is a genus, the Patriot meter is one heck of a meter so lucky to have one of these for my Sovereign.

Thanks and take care Harold,
Paul (CA)
July 09, 2014 01:02AM
I see a bunch of Fishers in there, some Tek's, Bounty Hunters, Garrett's.... Nice pile.