Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT Gold Questions

Posted by Jerry (TX) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT Gold Questions
July 09, 2014 03:35PM
Hello People
I just picked up a new to me AT Gold and was wondering the best way to use the detector in Iron.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jerry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 11:09PM by Jerry (TX).
Re: AT Gold Questions
July 10, 2014 03:07AM
The way this machine works is hunt in program 1 with a disc of 30-35 use iron audio and when you hear a tone not a grunt slow down and see if you can get the target to repeat if you can dig it. Mine is a very deep machine and I love the all metal but in a heavy iron area I would set it to probgram 1. I use full sens and I love the coil it comes with.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 10, 2014 05:41AM
Thanks LowBoy

I was begining to think that no one had an At Gold on the forum.

I used it today in disc 1 with iron audio on but I had the Iron resolution set to high at default 40

I did manage a couple keepers out of the iron though.

HH, jerry
July 10, 2014 12:08PM
The AT-Gold is my primary machine and I use the same exact settings Lowboy uses it's one of the best iron machines I have ever used give it time to learn it's language and you will be awarded with some awesome finds! Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions Jerry.
July 10, 2014 02:39PM
Congrats Jerry with getting the AT Gold, very good detector for your type of hunting.

I use lowest disc settings as possible, for land use program 1 with disc 30 or lower in mineralized dirt. ID tends to drop in areas with heavy mineralzition so run with a little lower disc 25-28 disc.

For fresh water with allot of black sand present, run all metal with no disc. Dig everything even in the lowest iron range good conductive signals masked by black sand are now IDing as iron.

The AT Gold is one of my favorite VLF detectors for both fresh water and relic hunting, you're going to enjoy it allot!

Paul (CA)
July 10, 2014 02:56PM
I think your going to be happy with the AT Gold. If I'm in heavy iron I will run disc 1 with disc set around 27 or 28. If you get the disc up too high you will lose good targets as well as the iron. Set at 27 or so, you will still hear iron bleeding through but it will also let some of the good targets come through as well. Remember when there is a bunch of iron, the iron will drag down (dillute) the ID of a good target into or closer to the iron range. The more disc you use the less targets you will hear.

Idealy all metal mode is the most sensative and deepest. But when in heavy iron it gets overwhelming. I have seen a significant depth loss on my machine between all metal mode and disc 1. I'm talking about 2 to 3 inches difference. That's a bunch.

Best of luck with your new AT.

Kenny
July 10, 2014 08:48PM
Thanks for the responces guys
I appreciate the info

HH, jerry