Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19 first thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher F19 first thoughts
July 23, 2014 03:13AM
Although there is something wrong with the one I had depth wise,I can state that the F19 is not just G2/GBPro with a light and notch... its got a new processor for sure...

it may mimic the G2/GBpro in the way it runs and such but its a new platfrom in terms of what's going on..

the I.D. is more accurate in iron..

the target tonal response is sharper crisper more exact..

The iron tone is now more tight more processed more narrow in audio response...

a nail is still silenced at 32 like the G2 but also the nail tone break has more quickness/precision in the way it reports that tone break from low to high right there...

The machine is using a new housing coil plug connector as I can see from the housing ....its not the type that is atached to the housing and wired to the board...its actually hard soldered to the boar most likely...

the control box has a more solid feel in terms of construction ...The overall construction quality of the housing and feel is more solid in a feel in your hand way....

but back to the tonal quality...this machine is way more ditial processed than a G2/GBpro you can tell it in an instant...its razor edge lighting fast response time...cleaned up no jagged sounds....more on/off type report that digital gives yet at the same time more sure of its self..

Also the Concentric coil runs fine on the machine and I believe it may even be an optional coil now.. and did handle tin better on the machine Vs the DD.. pought ought to help the park hunter with bottle caps....(Kellyco is marketing the 10 elliptical Concentric as optional) the target I.D shift up about 3 points with the Concentric on...

The Newest F19 replacement will be here later this week so I hope the depth is returned to at least G2 depth...if it does we MAY have a better unmasker in iron with the newer quicker faster tone processor's at work..have to wait and see!

Its a G2/GBPro yet its not really....Its a new phase in the evolution it so seems at the moment...More to come next week..I like what I saw in terms of recovery and reactivity...

On a negative note for the all the day hunter the F19 like the GBPRO is nose heavy compared to a G2/Omega......Not sure why they dont put the F19 on a pistol grip...But I may myself if I keep one for the arsenal...

Im about 6 foot 1 and have to use the last hole on the G2/Omega to hunt comfortable...using the last hole on the F19 type rod is a little short and also makes the coils feel nose heavy at the same time....Yet the rod is more solid feeling compared to the flex pistol grip of the G2....Yet the G2 has never broken....

Also the Camo seems like it may not hold up for years without flaking off eventually.. I can see some spots on it here and there where it already has flaked off...when it comes off its white underneath it looks like...

Hopefully the newer G2 will add some more power and stay on a pistol grip and dont care about camo in the least bit...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 03:28AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fisher F19 first thoughts
July 23, 2014 03:35AM
"...if it does we MAY have a better unmasker in iron with the newer quicker faster tone processor's at work..have to wait and see!"

How does it compare to the XP GM Power?

How is the audio for high conductors?

Thanks,

Ron
July 23, 2014 04:50AM
I cant make any type of comparison till I get the full power unit....I doubt it will be as powerful as a GMP....but at the same time it MAY contend in iron as Good/Better/Less time will tell...

its on 19Khz so its not a high conductor getter yet as you Know,Yet in iron small Silver on edge coins will react better on a machine that can see them in the iron...High freqs are King in dense iron for iron non iron response of any conductor the depth is not as important as reactivity and Sensitivity to small target's...Yet power is needed to get the high sensitivity...so again till the full power unit gets here ...lets wait and see what develops..

I mainly want to express the F19 is on a newly evolved yet coincidental in alot of ways processing platfrom when comapring to the G2/GBPro..Same but different at the same time if that makes sense..

Keith
wjs
July 23, 2014 11:16AM
""""""I can state that the F19 is not just G2/GBPro with a light and notch""""""

I was told by someone at First Texas that they were the same exact detector as the G2 but with the added features.....But I trust your judgement Keith.
Keep us posted on the performance of the new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 11:18AM by wjs.
July 23, 2014 02:00PM
Bill, how did the depth compare between your f19, and the g2 you had awhile back?
July 23, 2014 03:06PM
Just an air test for comparison. Using Koss headphones (these sound real good with the F19)....

Listening to audio only......Iron rejected....max Gain.....stock 5x10 DD coil....preset gb....V-break at 40.....Detector stable.

Dime fades away to silence at 9".
Quarter fades to silence at 10"
Nickel fades out just past 11+ ".....like 11-1/2"

Sometimes I could get a whisper a hair past these numbers but not repeatable enough to record.

I was gong to pass along minie ball and round ball and flat button results but I had left them at work after a "show and tell". I'm putting them in my bag so I'll take them home tonight and give a result for those.

Just air tests but it helps for comparing units.

Mike
July 23, 2014 05:40PM
Sounds like you have a bad one too Mike....

Keith
July 23, 2014 06:47PM
Keith,

Just curious, from Mike's post, what clues do you see that determines his unit is bad?

Thank you, El
July 23, 2014 08:33PM
The recalled one was doing about that depth........a GB or G2 should do about 13 on a nickle...hot units can get about 15 on a nickle....
July 23, 2014 09:58PM
Well I got mine today and F----EX decided to drown it look like they left it out in the rain for a day or two. Called Fisher no problem they emailed me a Fedex label and away it went dripping wet.
I did ask why they where being recallled and I was told they where not calibrated, I also inquired about the F44, got some acknowledgement but no info.
July 23, 2014 10:35PM
Keith,

Are the depths you are citing in all metal or discriminate?

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 24, 2014 01:38AM
Disc....

Keith
July 24, 2014 03:07AM
Thanks Keith.

El
July 24, 2014 02:20PM
When I had a 5x10 coil for my G2 (a year ago)......it gave about those same air tests as Mike Hillis wrote about. But when the 11 inch coil was re-installed......I WAS able to get the G2 to whisper at 14 to 15 inches with an old Buffalo nickel.
Are we comparing a unit with a 5x10 DD coil with a unit with an 11 inch DD coil???? I already figured that the smaller coil would not be quite as deep as the the 11 inch coiled G2. If I put a 10x5 inch coil on my present G2.......I wouldn't be at all surprised if the depth looked something like Mike Hillis was describing.
( This is all assuming that the F-19 comes standard with the 5x10 coil). Someone plop an 11 inch DD coil on their F-19 (if that is feasible) and THEN check air tests. I bet that they'll look more like a G2/Gold Bug Pro DP's depths. Absolutely just my unlearn-ed opinion.
July 24, 2014 04:30PM
That G2 you have right now Kevin with 5x10 airtest a nickle 1 inch less than the biaxial...

but again don't put much into airtest ..everyone does them different...

but you will know if you have weak f19 in your hand...seriously...it's not even modulated...

Not sure why FT has so many QC problems...

Keitj
July 24, 2014 05:55PM
Keith, my take on quality problems. I worked at an aero space company in the quality department. Awhile back when things got rough in the business the company in an attempt to cut cost started reducing the size of the quality department(Laying off inspectors) and had the production worker perform their own inspections. You can guess what happen. Who in there right mine is going to reject something they assembled and get in trouble for it. The company was following in the foot steps of what other companies in the same situation were doing. The results were not pretty but the light wnt on and things turned around. Product failures decreased tremendously.

Don't know how First Texas does it but would be interesting to know.

El
July 25, 2014 03:22AM
All I can say is: I am ordering a 5x10 DD coil as soon as I can afford it!!!!! That is a TIGHT coil. One of a kind.
July 25, 2014 01:02PM
Elbert -- Same exact thing happened where I work at. When I first started there, they were known all over the world by their quality programs and sending out X amount of parts without any defects, etc. We had our own quality division in the plant and workers under the title of Q1...quality inspectors. They got paid more than the regular production workers because the company viewed quality as being the most important job. As it should be. But when things got tight and they began cutting costs here and there....they done away with the quality division and phased out the Q1 jobs. They put them on the floor with the regular production people and made everybody get a crash course in trying to run production and doing quality inspection too. Our QC tanked...and we haven't won a quality award from any of our buyers since this happened. We are constantly getting customer returns, etc....but they don't recognize the problem.
July 25, 2014 01:11PM
Is FT replacing the coil also or just the control box?
July 25, 2014 02:52PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is FT replacing the coil also or just the control
> box?

I was told " A complete new unit"

Tom in SC
July 25, 2014 05:28PM
tmanly Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Is FT replacing the coil also or just the
> control
> > box?
>
> I was told " A complete new unit"
>
> Tom in SC

Thanks Tom----What with this issue, I was hoping they would replace both.----------Del
July 26, 2014 02:23AM
This floated around earlier in the year about the F44...

may have already seen it Greg dont know...

"In addition to the F19LTD we have more new models coming soon! The F11, F22 and F44 will be exciting new Fisher products that will take the detecting community by storm!

The Digitek and a new and improved G2 are in the works for the Teknetics line along with a 2nd generation T2, which will be waterproof. We are also working on other advanced platforms including Pulse Induction technology that will lead the industry for years to come.

Sound exciting?"

I wonder what a Digitek is?

Keith
July 26, 2014 10:12PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> This floated around earlier in the year about the
> F44...
>
> may have already seen it Greg dont know...
>
>
>
> "In addition to the F19LTD we have more new models
> coming soon! The F11, F22 and F44 will be exciting
> new Fisher products that will take the detecting
> community by storm!
>
> The Digitek and a new and improved G2 are in the
> works for the Teknetics line along with a 2nd
> generation T2, which will be waterproof. We are
> also working on other advanced platforms including
> Pulse Induction technology that will lead the
> industry for years to come.
>
> Sound exciting?"
>
>
>
> I wonder what a Digitek is?
>
> Keith
digitek was posted on tek facebook page a while ago. teen oriented eurtek design.
July 26, 2014 10:32PM
Sounds like some new detectors are coming. But to be honest I think we all need to see something revolutionary. Waterproof is a good start. How about multi frequency? Updateable seems to the way things are heading. How about a nice light weight detector that I can take in salt water and swing all day? I forget the post, but those new AKA detectors being worked on looked like something special. We need something different than the old Fisher grunt noise in a new box. I still have not seen anything from Fisher that would make me sell the F75 LTD if I had one. Now that was a nice detector. Every release since then has been boy this isn't as good as the F75 LTD. Just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 01:43AM by goodmore.
July 29, 2014 07:35PM
Interesting to see them mention a second generation T2....that could be a hell of a machine!
July 31, 2014 03:30AM
No more Field Testing to follow on the F19.

Keith...
July 31, 2014 08:18AM
Keith. No more field testing, why? You kind of lost me with that comment. You are the best field tester in print...Stuart
July 31, 2014 08:22AM
Never mind. I had not got down to your post to Rebel. I understand. Guess I need to learn to read all posts before commenting.
July 31, 2014 08:30AM
I'm sorry. I got the posters name wrong on that one. Reading to many posts gets my mind going in different directions. Your post speaks volumns Keith.
July 31, 2014 02:35PM
My spectulation on F11, F22, F44

F44 - $499 refined F4/F5, like land ranger pro with better coil cable, connector, 3 piece rod, back light, fetone (bh facebook page originally said LRP had backlight and fetone so I guess this was left for "premium" fisher line)

F22 - $349 refined F2/F4, like quick draw pro with better coil cable, connector, 3 piece rod, fetone (bh facebook orignally said it QDP would have fetone)

F11 - $199 new entry unit, like lone star pro/eurotek with better coil cable, connector, 3 piece rod