Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher F19 first thoughts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Fisher F19 first thoughts
July 31, 2014 05:02PM
The situation does not lend itself to more testing.....

I would like to see more punch out of the platform...Heres my way of thinking...if a Troy X5 on 19Khz can get the depth it gets in the dirt while using one 9 volt battery what hinders the FT 19Khz machines from reaching that depth..

I would consider the DEUS/GMP/DTVG to be the Best relic hunter's...not coin hunter or gold hunter but a serious relic hunter...

Theres something deep inside those machines that unmask in iron as the sole/soul purpose of their design...

What would I consider a world class relic hunter?

well to be honest with you I want to Know as much about the iron items in a site as I do the non ferrous items...

Theres alot of great iron relics ..More than can be imagined...and they need to be dug right along wiht the non ferrous...

But we need Audio definition and iron size deminsion and shaping audibly on the iron tone side...

A true relic hunting unit will dig a lot of iron out of a historic site with intelligence......( I like to know a Nail from a spike)

The MXT is the best unit in the U.S to do that..yet it needs more work on the disc side in terms of reactivity....Great unit that needs a modern update...

The AT-PRO is the next best iron audio I know of and it too needs more work on the non ferrous side of the audio report in terms of reactivity and resolution..

The G2 has no Iron audio intelligence...All of the FT machines exhibit lifeless iron reporting.( to much processed grunt)......very fast on the Non ferrous report but needs more resolution all the same...

All my opinions...

but to be the best relic hunter ever

alot of things have to come into exisitance..
Not a few things..

You have to be able to fully analyze a site Audibly to get the most out of a site now a days...the days of cherry picking is over for the most part..

Theres an awful lot fo great machines built...

theres not alot of Great relic machines built in my opinion ..

Relics are DEEEEP

Relic's are MASKED

and relic's are not all Non ferrous...

we need a tool to combat these three things for relic hunting

I have alot of respect for FT machines they have found me a lot of goodies...but know the limitations of each and use accordingly...As with any machine..

use them where they excel..

Keith
July 31, 2014 05:37PM
Well stated Keith and you are so right about

"Relics are DEEEEP"

"Relic's are MASKED"

that is the situation Paul(Old California) are in now with one of our favorite sites.

as for "and relic's are not all Non ferrous... " here in Ca. we are not as fortunate as you in the south and east to have great non-ferrous targets plus as you and Paul discussed an another post back in time, your ground and ours has a serious effect on depth. Sure would be nice if the manufacturers would yours and ours ground when designing.

El
August 02, 2014 05:57AM
Sounds like Keith has got some buyers remorce,... unit needing recall,... not performing up to expectations,... manufacturer promising the best relic machine ever.
It happens, we've all gone down that path now and again.

I sure have had it with that brand new ATV I bought,... spent more time fixing it then riding it,... as a dealer I get the painfull end of a problem when it occurs.
Now I've grown a little shy of new releases,... anyhow people want the newest, deepest, most powerful, etc. etc. etc.

Reading a few threads on, First Texas is busy making things wright,... customer service is at it full time.
Some other new units are in the pipeline,... even contemplating updating the flagship, new MF, a PI unit,... they are not taking a siesta,... brilliant minds are at work.

Me personally well,,... I've not been on a hunt for a few months,... a real shame,... house needed a few upgrades,... been fixing up my old 4x4,... work load hasn't eased off.
I really like the machines I've got at the moment, figured out a few new spots to hunt, reading up on stuff on the forums.

The stew is slowly cooking on the back-burner!

Hopefully by fall I can install some fresh batteries, charge what needs charging and head on out.
The best solution for buyers remorce is some quality time with a well performing unit!!
Then we can muster up enough courage to do it all over again.

HH
Johnb
August 02, 2014 06:10AM
no buyers remorse..

I did not buy one...

But yes it ( remorse) can happen...

Hope you can get out soon

Keith
wjs
August 02, 2014 12:18PM
On the surface it looks like they are trying to fix the problem but most people don't see or hear what is really happening. They do a recall then send back the machine with little if any performance difference and call that good. Then when you question them on it they get upset. I think that is a lot of their problem. Seems like they don't want to hear from the customer. They really need to overhaul their customer service department and learn how to treat people. They need to remember who is paying the bills.
August 02, 2014 09:33PM
I don't know about the recall situation as I don't have a F 19. (yet) The couple of times, though, in recent years that I had a detector problem F T handled them, top notch. Once I had the pin point membrane go bad on a new Omega and had to send it back for repair. I told them I was leaving in five days for two weeks stint up north and sure would have liked to have had the Omega along. I over nighted it to them on a Mon. and I had it back on Th, the day before we were leaving. Pretty darn good customer service IMHO. HH jim tn