Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Facebook post by Tim Mallory at Fisher

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Facebook post by Tim Mallory at Fisher
August 02, 2014 02:29AM
TIM MALLORY

I'm new to your group. I'm head of sales and marketing at first texas products, which owns fisher, teknetics, bounty hunter and two night vision companies, night owl and nivisys.
We've got a lot of exciting new products coming down the pipe, starting with the f19, introducing right now, then an upgrade for the f75, in the fall, and then new super weather resistant machines on the mid to low range, in the spring....
Lots coming....

Joe Trino Is the water resistant machine dual feq?

Tim Mallory Joe, no. They are replacements for f2 and f4. They'll be a lot of machine for the money...but not multifrequency. We have a mf in the hopper and it has recently moved from research to development, but it takes a long time to innovate a new machine of this caliber.

Joel Liebelt What will the up grade be like for the f75 Tim?

Tim Mallory It's a long list, but the two biggies are, faster recovery, and DST. digital shielding technology. This dst, allows much quieter operation, even in areas that cause the most electronic interfferrence. We call it quiet f75. We're also considering extended warranties with the upgrade....

Joe Trino Tim I love my cz21 I have dug a lot of gold and silver with it my only complaint would be the shaft is flimsy and could beef up the coil wires and headphones I feel confident I can keep up with any mine lab machine about time for a new fisher pi unit

Tim Mallory Joe, we have 15 seasoned engineers. Still it takes 3 to 5 years to get a new platform to the intro stage. Let me just say, a PI is in the works.

Dusty Willis So I was wondering.... When is fisher going to get into the pulse induction business and come out with a pi machine for gold to compete with minelab?

Jim Matthews an upgrade for the f75, ? explain please

Tim Mallory Dusty, it's on the bench. But still in research...arguably close to development stage...someday we will have a kick ass PI.

Darren Essex hi tim,i think we met once in Engand on the tharbies rally ?

Tim Mallory Darren, that was probably Mike Scott.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2014 02:36AM by tmanly.
Re: Facebook post by Tim Mallory at Fisher
August 02, 2014 02:49AM
Don't buy the first release..

Keith
August 02, 2014 02:58AM
Sounds like if I go out and buy another f75 SE then I could upgrade with the new software later when they come out with the new version ? I was holding out on another f75 thinking the price would come down with the new f75 replacement. So if everyone can get their f75 updated that will be a big plus.
August 02, 2014 03:13AM
Sounds like some interesting things going on. I would love to have my F75 upgraded to run quieter if it doesnt mean a sacrifice in performance. Thanks for sharing this post tmanly.
August 02, 2014 08:01AM
don't expect a "circuit" upgrade to become available,because of market considerations.
they refused to "upgrade" the circuitry on the "standard" f-75.instead they decided to
market the f-75 (l.t.d.) as as separate detector.this was a "business" decision,however
it caused customers to lose value on their "standard" f-75's.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 02, 2014 11:18AM
Quote:"they refused to "upgrade" the circuitry on the "standard" f-75"
Hardly surprising, really, as the entire guts of the 'control box' would have to be replaced, which is not economically viable.
I think it is technically possible to make some significant changes to the F75 purely by re-programming the micro (it has a programming port on the circuit-board), but the fact that it hasn't happened during the past 7 years tells you it's not very likely to happen now.
August 02, 2014 12:31PM
dst=vflex?

my 705 is quiet as a mouse on 7.5khz at a much higher gain than Omega at my house. 50% deeper on a dime!
August 02, 2014 12:59PM
Upgrades take time and lets hope they don't need upgrades etc. Like Keiths post of don't buy the first release as sure common sense...
August 02, 2014 01:04PM
The F75 is good news. But the rest sounds like low end replacements and more waiting for the advanced stuff. I am sure that there is a surprise in the pipeline. I hope it is good.
August 02, 2014 03:46PM
Oh me. Bummer.
August 02, 2014 07:53PM
tmanly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TIM MALLORY
>

I looked for this thread on Fisher's Facebook site but couldn't find it....

could you post a link to the location please.

thanx
August 02, 2014 09:48PM
Canslaw, here is the link. It is a closed group, so you may need to join to be able to see the post.

[www.facebook.com]

Tom in SC
August 02, 2014 10:43PM
tmanly Wrote:
> Canslaw, here is the link. It is a closed group,
> so you may need to join to be able to see the
> post.
>
> [www.facebook.com]
> =nf
>
> Tom in SC

thanks Tom, just joined. looks like a good group....
August 02, 2014 11:23PM
Sounds great to me. Waterproof units. A multi freq and a PI.

Discrimination is the root of all evil.
August 03, 2014 01:53PM
Tim is now saying October for the f75 upgrade, should be interesting......
August 05, 2014 10:37AM
Evidently Tim has the authority to talk about internal workings at Fisher. At least know we know a little more than we did.
It tends to keep the Fisher fans interested.
August 05, 2014 10:46PM
I'd be afraid to send in my 75ltd for a so called 'upgrade', unless I got word from Tom D. saying it "absolutely, will be worth it".
August 06, 2014 01:28AM
I am hoping for a Fisher PI with 8usec timing capability for tiny gold as well as iron id that functions to depth. Reasonable priced!!
August 06, 2014 04:34AM
ozzie Wrote:
> I'd be afraid to send in my 75ltd for a so called
> 'upgrade', unless I got word from Tom D. saying it
> "absolutely, will be worth it".

if they're smart, especially considering the ongoing debacle with the f19, they'll let Tom test out an 'upgraded' unit well ahead of a release date.....but there should also be other testers in other parts of the country since Tom's Florida dirt is very mild....
August 06, 2014 01:57PM
2015 should be an interesting year! I have been waiting a long time for a new PI and a new multi frequency entry from Fisher. For me the hope mainly is for stuff much lighter than than current offerings. A digital CZ stuffed in the F75 box would be great. And anything with ATX / SDC 2300 type performance but under 4 lbs would really float my boat.
August 06, 2014 02:13PM
Steve Herschbach Wrote:
> 2015 should be an interesting year! I have been
> waiting a long time for a new PI and a new multi
> frequency entry from Fisher. For me the hope
> mainly is for stuff much lighter than than current
> offerings. A digital CZ stuffed in the F75 box
> would be great. And anything with ATX / SDC 2300
> type performance but under 4 lbs would really
> float my boat.

I'll be in the lineup for the digital CZ! progress on any new high-end unit seems to be glacial though....with the low to mid-range (where most sales take place) having priority....
August 07, 2014 11:21AM
canslawhero Wrote:
> ozzie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd be afraid to send in my 75ltd for a so
> called
> > 'upgrade', unless I got word from Tom D. saying
> it
> > "absolutely, will be worth it".
>
> if they're smart, especially considering the
> ongoing debacle with the f19, they'll let Tom test
> out an 'upgraded' unit well ahead of a release
> date.....but there should also be other testers in
> other parts of the country since Tom's Florida
> dirt is very mild....

I agree completely, Tom does a great job reporting what he sees, but travel 500 miles north and all observations can change drastically. More testers in different areas is the key. I've had some machine that performed so poorly in some of my hunting locations, the machine was better off left at home. Finally, not sure if they make a machine that will do well at any location, if they have I've not found it yet.
wjs
August 07, 2014 12:21PM
""""Finally, not sure if they make a machine that will do well at any location, if they have I've not found it yet"""""

It's called an Etrac.....Lol