Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

f-75

Posted by cruser 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
f-75
August 08, 2014 09:41PM
detector works good but i get a slight beep in all metal mode but no vdi on screen ?
Re: f-75
August 09, 2014 03:23AM
Very weak signals will not generate a ID on the VDI for the F75/F70/T2.
August 09, 2014 08:27PM
thanks, why is that? RON
August 10, 2014 03:33AM
Ron,

With the F75, the signals on the vdi and audio are separate (which is a nice feature, btw). Therefore, even though an audio response is heard, there may not be enough signal for the detector to ascertain a vdi number. My advice is to dig those signals, but be prepared to dig deep. It may be iron, may be a pot of gold....lol.
August 10, 2014 07:13PM
thank you very much for information about vdi on f75. i was wondering why i was getting faint beep, now i will try to did that signal. THANKS AGAIN -- RON
August 10, 2014 11:18PM
You bet Ron. I was out field hunting the other day and dug one of those faint signals. It ended up being a lantern piece about a foot down. Right next to the lantern part were two intact bottles, one of which i think is an inkwell as it still has a little bit of what looks like black ink in it. I also found a bunch of old pottery and porcelain with a makers mark on it. Think I stumbled onto a privy spot thanks to that faint signal. Like I said, a chamber pot of gold....lol. I'll be back there once the ground softens up with my king of spades and a box screen....
August 11, 2014 01:28AM
wow! sounds great .i for sure need to dig those faint beeps. did you just start digging after you got signal? how deep were they? RON