Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Omega 8000

Posted by Terry 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Omega 8000
March 06, 2010 10:57AM
Hi all ! New here to the forum. I want to talk about the Omega 8000 and it's relationship to the T2 and F5. I've read in reports from others were the 08 with the 11" DD coil is getting the same depth on coin sized targets as the T2. Anyone like to share any information they have on the subject? Also I've read a report from Dave Johnson were the 08 is a refined version of the F5. Now with that being said I have a F5 and it maxes out on a dime at 8 inches now on the other hand I've read reports of the 08 with the 11"DD coil hitting a dime at 11 to 13 inches. If this is true I'll run not walk to a teknetics dealer and buy a Omega. Anyone else out there have a F5 and used the 11"DD coil on it ? Does it have the same punch reported by the Omega users? Now I do some relic and cellar hole hunting but will use it for coin hunting most. I think the 08 should do well for relic hunting with brass and heavy lead like civil war bullets should be detected easy with it. Now small cuff buttons might be another thing. I ran Garrett detectors for years and they seem to do well with relics and they run on 7khz and the 08 runs on 7.9khz so it should do well relic hunting also.
Re: Omega 8000
March 06, 2010 01:41PM
Terry, welcome! If you have the time.......starting somewhere around 03/03/2009 is a post on this forum titled "Teknetics Omega" (I think this is around page 19). From this point/date forward.......there's quite a bit of info regarding the Omega; including the data you are looking for. .... Time permitting..I may pull some info out and re-post it.
Re: Omega 8000
March 06, 2010 01:45PM
thanks TOM I'll check it out!