Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Jewelery Cache Found with F75 LTD

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Jewelery Cache Found with F75 LTD
March 06, 2010 11:02PM
Found it yesterday with my F75 LTD in a forest area I've been researching while hunting with a buddy.

See my writeup with photos here:

[forum.treasurenet.com]

Thanks for looking,
Brian
Re: Jewelery Cache Found with F75 LTD
March 07, 2010 02:08AM
Brian...that was a good day!
I have an off the wall theory. Maybe a crow or crows collected the jewelry & put it in that tree. I've read that crows are attracted to shiny objects & will fly off with them to store. I dought it, but it's a laugh to think about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2010 02:10AM by ozzie.
dgc
March 07, 2010 02:21AM
Great work Brian! Your persistence in research and field work paid off for sure. Nice to see an F75 making those kind of finds also. Congratulations!
March 07, 2010 02:41AM
Stunning! ... and great story//good write-up.
March 08, 2010 01:56PM
WTG!!! AWESOME finds!!!!
July 13, 2015 11:17PM
I still enjoy looking at the Riker case with the cache display smileys with beer

[www.youtube.com]
July 14, 2015 12:07AM
That had to be a fun dig, Brian. Good digs and well written accounting. HH jim tn
July 14, 2015 12:13AM
That's what dreams are made of! Do you think it could have been an "offering tree"?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
July 14, 2015 12:13AM
The best finds story in a while.Go find some more and report.
July 14, 2015 12:51AM
Thanks Jim.

Kenny my best guess is that someone's house got broken into a long, long time ago and the robber sat on that tree stump, and tossed out all the stuff that he (or she) either thought was easily identifiable, or they didn't think was valuable. It's just a theory, but I really have no idea to be honest.

Doc I'm trying - lol ..... but it ain't easy smiling bouncing smiley
July 14, 2015 05:32AM
Wow Brian, that's a magical site you'll never forget! Your research paid off and you should feel darn well proud of yourself.

Only that stump and the ground know the real story and they ain't talking. But your guess certainly seems reasonable.
July 14, 2015 01:42PM
That's what gets me going in this hobby congrats on finds, I did find a jewellry cache also 5 years ago though no gold but silver.
All in one square foot area near a highschool. hh
July 14, 2015 01:50PM
Perhaps in its day when it was a shade tree over the years many sat or gathered this area...Found nice targets under those large trees myself but never that amount...
Always remember hunted a real old school with poor results but up the road was a large old tree where many sat and found five silver coins under it...
July 14, 2015 04:53PM
Absolutely awesome....woohooo! Love it when it all comes together.

Kenny