Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Problem solved

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Problem solved
August 27, 2014 03:31AM
I got the deus to quite down. I don't know what I did to the new program I created but something was wrong so I started all over again and it is working. But on my deus you don't hold any button down while doing a ground bal and pumping the coil??? Do you want the top ground bal and the number under it to match or be higher or lower??? I just don't understand the Disc, with a low setting below 10 you are going to hear a lot of noise in the ground. So as you know on most detectors like the At Gold and my G2 I set the disc at around 30-35 no targets are good that low that I have dug. I remember on the F75 you would set it at like six or so. So you are almost hunting in all metal with tones on the deus and looking for good tones. I guess you are disc out most nails but larger iron will give off a high hit on two tones? And I guess flat iron sheets or broken sheets or tin? So we are really trash digging through the masked iron to find relics and the only way to find that is do use a very low disc?

This is new to me thank god that I can use a iron vol like 1 so I can hear it but it's not driving me nuts..I guess if you were hunting parks or schools that were not very old you would use more disc? I have a school from the 1840s that I have hit over and over again and there is noting left in the ground. The finds I have found are late 1800s so I know that if there is anything hiding in there this detector will find it.
I will test that area out after our first rain.

And Ray I know E and old calif I was invited to come down and hunt with E this fall if you want to hook up and hunt let me know..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: Problem solved
August 27, 2014 05:00AM
Sounds like your DEUS is running fine Lawrenzo....

Just press the left button to start the Ground bal and pump the coil and if it says O.K. its balanced....

The top ground bal number updates constantly....the bottom is where you have it set....if its tracking they will be the same usually...

If you want the magic to happen in iron set it to reject just nails......that will be site specific from mid 2's to mid 6's....the nails read low...the DEUS does not get into mineral on the disc like the American machines....the American machine's have the nails around 32-35 ...and can get real low.... around 5 or 6 can be mineral on those...

Remember on the F75 when you set the disc at 6 or zero it still was not breaking the tone there...it was breaking at 15....

A T2 breaks the tone a 40 no matter if you set it at zero...

A G2 break's where you set it..

AT's breals where you set it..unless you set it to zero then it breaks it at 35 factory setting...

The DEUS is very talkitive with just nail reject...larger iron will hit but still sound FLAT high tone....Chopped/forced...

Actually it tells trash signals in modern sites well by the way it hits..foil and aluminum is splattery...Uneven...

Ive been running it i modern trash with just nail disc and still picking the goodies from the trash by smoothness,modulation,quality of signal...

Give it time in the field... It will click....airtesting and such does not do justice to the way in ground targets sound...

learn to read your sites and dirt and trash make up to set the machine up...I tweak it per site....you will find that you will be able to tell old iron form modern iron without digging it once you get a feel for the audio ..modern iron will sound different from old iron....really it does...

this 3.2 version has really enhanced the talkitiveness of the audio...

once you get your mind into the Audio it will paint a picture/portrait for you...

Keith
Re: Problem solved
August 27, 2014 05:52AM
Thanks Keith

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!