Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What was Fisher thinking

Posted by gman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What was Fisher thinking
August 27, 2014 01:08PM
In the day of the internet. Had they released the F 19 thirty years ago , placed adds in some highly circulated magazines.
They might have had a run of several years before the word got out of how unimpressive the unit is.
In todays world the F 19 appears to be dead in its tracks a few months after release .
How could they let this happen , a big black eye for Fisher.
Re: What was Fisher thinking
August 27, 2014 03:27PM
The only thing I can think of is they took the G2 and added a few things so it didn't cost them that much money. The problem is they may just upgrade the F75 and resell it with some changes we have wanted for years. When Deus designed their XP they didn't just do upgrades for free over the internet they made it better and better. Wire less that works. Light but you can bash the machine on a rock and not worry. A control box that is about the size and thickness of a iPhone. It is worth the money and it was bound to happen someone stepped in and saw the market and said we can take that and also give them a machine like no machine they have seen before. Fisher and whites and minelab would have to do the same and I think they all know they blew it and are going to sink a little at a time as long as the deus is gaining strength in the USA.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
wjs
August 27, 2014 04:56PM
I bought a second one from a dealer who tested it for me before he shipped it. It does fairly well and has decent depth. But I think after the initial known problems they shot their self in the foot as far as the F19 goes. Also word that they have some new detectors coming out will probably kill the sales of the F19 even more. Then add to the fact that the warranty is not even transferable and their customer service is so so at best. If you buy a new one you stand to lose a bunch of money right off the bat if you don't like it and try to resell it. They should listen to the customers and at least make the warranty transferable even if they dropped it to two years.
August 27, 2014 05:35PM
The Deus is what we have been hoping and asking for for years, not only from First Texas, but also the others (Garrett, Tesoro)...the European companies are giving the consumers what they want. While FT re-packages detectors utilizing the same 5-7 year old platforms, XP gave us wireless, the ability to change frequencies without changing coils, super light weight, innovative design that allows it to collapse down into a configuration small enough to fit in a backpack or carry on a plane...5 year TRANSFERABLE warranty, and from what I hear, oustanding customer service. I am convinced that FT is content to sit back and re-package existing machines by adding on cute options like a red backlight, single notch (Deus has up to three adjustable notches + ground notch) etc. Meanwhile we are watching the Deus EXPLODE here in the US on popular forums...cant help but think that FT underestimated the Europeans. Heck even AKA gave new innovative features. I waited patatiently for a new product from FT that would pushes the boundaries of what VLF can do...I gave up after watching the F19 debut....bought a Deus and couldnt be happier...what an amazing machine. Maybe next time FT will listen to us and give us what we ask for, instead of telling us what we are getting and trying to ram it down our throats.
August 27, 2014 07:18PM
Its called profit margin and marketing....and they all do it thus add a new lapel and becomes a new suit, change a taillight and your sitting in a 2015 new car...
No retooling or research plus we all have to have the newest one out leads to sales to have the best improvement since sliced bread....making money makes the world go round and gets some nice deals on used units...
August 27, 2014 08:54PM
To be honest I have been wondering about them for years. The same with Garrett. OK they have the AT series. But their top of the line detector is a freakin Dinosaur. But then I bought in to the updateable CTX. It seems Minelab doesn't even want to do that. No updates since the saltwater and pinpoint lock update. There is a new Coiltek coil coming for it. For the life of me I can't see anything it can do that the stock coil can't do. So maybe technology has hit the wall. Fine with me. I'll keep the detectors I have. For me that will be something new in itself. I just invested in a carbon fiber handle for the beach scoop. So I do find ways to spend money on the hobby. If anyone from Minelab is reading this I have a suggestion. If you are out of new technology ideas why not design a new CTX detector that is one quarter the weight and really I mean really waterproof to 10 feet.
August 28, 2014 03:45AM
Not every detector can be a world shaker. The next thing you see from Minelab will be a low cost unit to compete with the Ace 250. Whoopee. I doubt even First Texas expected much from the F19 given the lack of interest even they seemed to have in it. I get the impression First Texas is just tossing out tidbits while the real stuff nears completion. I'm looking for that PI and the multi-frequency detector to get my interest.
wjs
August 28, 2014 12:40PM
"I get the impression First Texas is just tossing out tidbits while the real stuff nears completion."

I think it would be more wise to let people know what is in the works (even if the have to make some changes) or maybe spend the time on developing those detectors rather than dealing with the problems and fallout created by sending out defective units. Makes me leery about buying anything from them again. But who knows.....
August 28, 2014 02:52PM
testing
August 28, 2014 02:55PM
I will say this....I love my G2, IMHO they hit it out of the park on that machine for what it is designed to do. But you cant rest on your laurels, especially if the technology is there. Cant keep re-packaging the same thing with cute red backlights and such, and then add 200$ onto the price. That business model may work for awhile...but you will eventually find yourself no longer TOP DOG!
August 28, 2014 03:20PM
I am sold. Will have to try the Deus. Have noticed that since the announcement of the possible F75 update coming in October there has been more of them on the market for sale. Has got the resale price on these on the lower side. There are some really good prices out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2014 03:23PM by ShovelNose.
August 28, 2014 03:54PM
I still come in here and keep an ear to the ground on what is coming down the line.

I must say...since getting away from detecting, I have ran into somewhat of a strange deal for me. On the forums, I had gotten use to getting the private messages and emails by people asking me which machine was better...so on and so forth. What I never ran into, were people IN PERSON that would come and ask me about detectors. Now that I don't have one...I have had at least 4 people come to me at work, in the months of July-Aug, asking about detectors. They all want to get one...and the criteria in what they want, differs greatly than what seasoned hunters like ya'll want. I have ended up finding detectors for 3 of them that have purchased the suggested ones in their price range and criteria. Unreal. The entry level machines are what people are going to buy into. There aren't many people that are willing to lay down a grand for a machine...that they want to just see whats in their yard or to go dig a few coins at the park. They are looking for really good machines that are under $250. Manufacturers are making these machines for people...because evidently there is a good profit market there.

And honestly, I was a bit taken back by some of their questions like "well what will that $800 machine do that the $200 one wont"....and trying to explain to them that target ID on machines isn't fool proof on any of them...and that even the higher priced $1000 detectors are still on the same basic depth platform as the $250 ones. Well heck, it just makes sense to go with the lesser priced one if you look at it that way. LOL.
August 29, 2014 04:11AM
I would think Fisher (and I really have loved their past products) may have a design that is ready to unleash but because of the Deus and how well it is selling in the USA, may know they just can't design a newer unit that fast. I think we will see copycats coming out with products but without the design that will really make it a great unit. If they go wireless will it be as well built and work as great as the Deus? Will it have a ton a bugs, will it be worth the money when the deus seems to almost do it all for now and is getting better with software updates. Can they really come out with a unit that won't have people thinking they copied the Deus. And even though that should be the way a flagship detector is designed today, will it really be better then the Deus or just claim it is with hype?

I think a lot of the USA companies have just took a big step backwards and it will take years to catch up. They just wouldn't listen to us...who are we anyway just the people that use them and spend our cash to but them. They underestimated the Euro Market, just the same way we did with cars when Japan flooded our Country with a whole different kind of car. And how about if the Deus has a little brother that cost less. And what if they can look at pulse and find a way through a new controller to add to what we have. Yeah we may have to pay a few hundred bucks but not having to buy a new machine seems a cool way to grow a business. I wonder if the French are thinking they can do so much with this machine that there is no end to the upgrades....and improvements

LowBoy

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2014 04:15AM by Lawrenzo.
August 30, 2014 12:09AM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would think Fisher (and I really have loved
> their past products) may have a design that is
> ready to unleash but because of the Deus and how
> well it is selling in the USA, may know they just
> can't design a newer unit that fast. I think we
> will see copycats coming out with products but
> without the design that will really make it a
> great unit. If they go wireless will it be as well
> built and work as great as the Deus? Will it have
> a ton a bugs, will it be worth the money when the
> deus seems to almost do it all for now and is
> getting better with software updates. Can they
> really come out with a unit that won't have people
> thinking they copied the Deus. And even though
> that should be the way a flagship detector is
> designed today, will it really be better then the
> Deus or just claim it is with hype?
>
> I think a lot of the USA companies have just took
> a big step backwards and it will take years to
> catch up. They just wouldn't listen to us...who
> are we anyway just the people that use them and
> spend our cash to but them. They underestimated
> the Euro Market, just the same way we did with
> cars when Japan flooded our Country with a whole
> different kind of car. And how about if the Deus
> has a little brother that cost less. And what if
> they can look at pulse and find a way through a
> new controller to add to what we have. Yeah we may
> have to pay a few hundred bucks but not having to
> buy a new machine seems a cool way to grow a
> business. I wonder if the French are thinking they
> can do so much with this machine that there is no
> end to the upgrades....and improvements
>
> LowBoy

That would be so cool if a pulse controller was available for the
Xp deus.

Coukd they develop it that small and that light?

How cool would that be?