Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Interesting question (at least I think so)!

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Interesting question (at least I think so)!
September 14, 2014 04:27PM
What (if anything) do you see the SE Pro doing/performing that the Etrac will not/cannot do?------I guess another way to phrase the question would be: Is the SE Pro better than the Etrac in ANY area (performance wise)?-----------Del
Re: Interesting question (at least I think so)!
September 14, 2014 11:02PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What (if anything) do you see the SE Pro
> doing/performing that the Etrac will not/cannot
> do?------I guess another way to phrase the
> question would be: Is the SE Pro better than the
> Etrac in ANY area (performance
> wise)?-----------Del

Wow---52 views & "nobody has a clue"!---Guess this answers my own question. ha ha
September 14, 2014 11:12PM
I am not one of the clue 52 I just saw your post. I am not well qualified to answer as I ran an SE Pro for a year or so but not a 'Trac. In going over this question what I usually hear is the Trac has better ergonomics, ID system and slightly faster recovery while the tonal quality of the Pro was preferred by many. It is only gossip, but I hate to see a nice guy stood up!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 14, 2014 11:49PM
I had two E Tracs and never had an SE Pro
September 15, 2014 12:16AM
I've had both, and I really think the big difference is ergonomics, a slight difference in the grip angle, and the E-trac seems to be alittle easier setup. Performance very good on both.
September 15, 2014 12:25AM
Small differences Del..

Etrac a little faster in recovery...Quiter in mineral...

The PRO is a tad deeper and in bad mineral noisier..

As you see theres trade off...faster drops depth...less quite in mineral drops depth too..and tones dotn get as much Fluety sound on deep silver...

The Etrac seems hotter on lower conductors compared to the SE Pro..

Now most of this is noticed if your run open screens..if you run patterns and rely on patterns get the Etrac...If your after ever little bit of depth and can afford to dig more holes get the SE PRO...

Dont you already have both??

Keith
September 15, 2014 01:43AM
Yes I do Keith (have both).-----I just bought a cream puff SE Pro with almost all of the Minelab transferable warranty left on it.----Been putting it thru its paces the last couple of days & I have my opinions on those two detectors at this point (some of what has been mentioned here)---just wanted to see what some of you other gentlemen had to say/thought of them.------All things considered---I think I am going to be turning loose of the SE Pro--just got too many detectors & getting too old to swing them all! ha-----Anyone wanting an absolutely mint, mint SE Pro---get in touch with me.---------Del
September 15, 2014 02:24AM
O.K. Del sounds good...

I was thinking maybe you had both and the CTX to boot.....LOL!!!!

Keith
September 15, 2014 02:32AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> O.K. Del sounds good...
>
> I was thinking maybe you had both and the CTX to
> boot.....LOL!!!!
>
> Keith

I do Keith.----Nobody ever accused me of being in my right mind!! ha ha