Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Owner of Older CZ-3D

Posted by beau61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Owner of Older CZ-3D
September 15, 2014 01:55PM
Took it out to a park I've hunted hard for the last 20 years with different detectors,the last being my Deus for the last 3 years(love it),just dug high tones with CZ and pulled out 10 coins ,one being a 1917 Canadian large cent ,in a 2 hour hunt.Like this detector already,a keeper.
Re: New Owner of Older CZ-3D
September 15, 2014 02:01PM
Congrats Beau on your successful hunt. Thanks for sharing with us.
Duke
September 15, 2014 03:09PM
Sounds like you got a good one! Keep hitting the coins like that and strike a blow for Texas.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
September 15, 2014 03:26PM
It is not great on iron and a lot of deep iron tones can be good targets. The small coil is really great in really high trash areas. I loved it when it first came out and was loyal for about three years. I think Tom did a great job on this detector. The fact that it use two freq gives you an edge. But the deus in the right hands will hit coins you have walked over for years. Try the deus in 4-8 freq and then go back and use 18 and see what else you missed..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 15, 2014 04:05PM
yes the Deus is awesome,I've found more silver in that park with the Deus than all my other detectors combined, the CZ is new to me and am impressed with its performance,two thumbs up
September 15, 2014 04:52PM
Old technology at its finest....don't have to worry about updates on this one but the Deus you do....
September 16, 2014 02:05AM
Thanks for posting. Are you finding the CZ to be deeper than your Deus ?
September 16, 2014 02:53AM
Don't know if the CZ is deeper than the Deus out in the field,time will tell, but in my test garden they both find whatever I have planted in there now,might have to bury a few more targets.Our ground in B.C. is rocky,not too many places with 12'' of soil.I haven't found a coin in the field thats anywhere near what I have buried in my test garden, deepest coin I've dug in 35 years is 6-7 inches,most are between 3-5" deep.In my test garden theres no other junk in the ground to interfer with my coins like there is out in the field,so because the detector finds a 9' coin in my test garden,don't really know if it'll do it in a field full of junk.I'll see by the end of the year which detector sniffs out the most targets in that field.
September 16, 2014 01:32PM
Goes to show you we are not playing on like fields. Here in Pa. silver coins for the most part start at 6 inches to ??? so depth does count in my playpen and can see why some units are so popular in given areas.
Whatever works ought to cover it...
September 16, 2014 03:55PM
No we're not on the same playing field,think you have a couple hundred years on us .B.C. never got settled until after the gold rush in the 1850's.Our stuff never had a chance to get deep, unless in fill or buried.
September 21, 2014 03:54AM
Found another 51 coins in a 5 hour hunt with the CZ since my last post in that field. Went back today but used the Deus instead.First hunt with 11" coil, 15 minutes into the hunt pulled a1905 Barber quarter out of the ground useing a coin program from Andys book.Stoked
September 21, 2014 09:07AM
Congrats on the Barber!! That 11" coil on the Deus is great for open field work. Thanks for sharing with us.
Duke
September 21, 2014 06:18PM
Post some pictures!
September 21, 2014 10:49PM
Don't know how to post pictures on this forum,if you want to see pictures,posted pictures on another forum,people who like Compass detectors visit that site.
September 21, 2014 11:15PM
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

How to post pics thread.
Duke
September 25, 2014 02:10PM
silverhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting. Are you finding the CZ to be
> deeper than your Deus ?
Buried a silver quarter 10' in my test garden,soil is mineralized,both Deus and CZ pick it up,just used factory programs and Relic and pitch mode there was audio the rest just saw on the horseshoe,CZ jumped between mid to high tone and didn't emit a signal with each pass over the coin. All modes on Deus GB CZ & Relic Hawk GB also. My Relic Hawk by Minelab pick that coin the best with good repeatabe signals,will try the Deus again with some tweaking.