Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher fans

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher fans
September 15, 2014 06:54PM
Who can admit they jumped from being a Fisher fan to deus.....L ???
Re: Fisher fans
September 15, 2014 08:03PM
Sonny...I am not a swan, so I can be a fan of both ! HA !
September 15, 2014 08:29PM
Nobody has a corner on detector technology for all uses and budgets. I currently have the XP Deus on order but I also own Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, and White's detectors and do not see that changing any time soon. They all build some units that I find indispensable at the moment. I did give up on Tesoro finally as they have done nothing for prospectors since the Lobo came out. Great little unit, but you can rest on your laurels for only so long. The same might be said about White's if they don't start getting with the program sometime soon. The XP Deus is the kind of detector I once would have expected from White's. A V3i with faster recovery time/reactivity would actually trump the Deus in many ways, but those over four pound boxes have got to go.

I have two Gold Bug 2s, a Gold Bug Pro, and I just picked up another F75 so I am still a Fisher fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 08:30PM by Steve Herschbach.
September 16, 2014 01:17AM
Its not the machine always sometimes its the nut behind the wheel....This post is just a general post and pertains to the hobby in general and not designated to any one individual and if the shoe fits wear it.

I am sure many users of specific brands would agree...Guess that's why so many manufacturers are still in business....
September 16, 2014 01:11PM
In retrospect I tried on different shoes over the years some of the same brands but a CZ will go down as my favorite when I hang up my boots and am sure same could be said for most of us no matter what was their favorite....
September 16, 2014 03:21PM
I tested for fisher and had a lot of different detectors over the years but the deus is a different machine something that has really addressed iron and masking. If any company in the USA comes out with a new machine anyone that has a deus is not going to sell it to get the Fisher. But if Fisher can come out with something that can match the Deus then it comes down to we all want to find what our past machines have missed and save some more history from rusting away in the ground. I only kept my At Gold because I love the all metal and will test it this fall against the Deus just to see for myself what the deus can do. As far as a coin hunter at parks or schools or even old houses I don't think you can beat the deus if you know how to use it..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 16, 2014 03:39PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tested for fisher and had a lot of different
> detectors over the years but the deus is a
> different machine something that has really
> addressed iron and masking. If any company in the
> USA comes out with a new machine anyone that has a
> deus is not going to sell it to get the Fisher.
> But if Fisher can come out with something that can
> match the Deus then it comes down to we all want
> to find what our past machines have missed and
> save some more history from rusting away in the
> ground. I only kept my At Gold because I love the
> all metal and will test it this fall against the
> Deus just to see for myself what the deus can do.
> As far as a coin hunter at parks or schools or
> even old houses I don't think you can beat the
> deus if you know how to use it..

And you owe it all to Keith Southern!!!!!!
September 16, 2014 09:07PM
Yeah, Keith should get royalties!Lol. Says alot about the mans character AND his detector knowledge ,that his assesments hold so much value.
September 17, 2014 02:52AM
Two years on the fence and Keith sold on me the deus, but what really sold me was that what he said and showed is true

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 17, 2014 07:21AM
Don't worry. I'm sure a Fisher bandwagon will ride into town again.
September 17, 2014 01:14PM
Absolutely, I have to applaud and thank Keith for freely sharing his insight into the Deus, and using videos to show everybody it's capabilities and how/what different settings can do. I will admit to never warming to the F75/T2 machines...found the Omega (owned two) a good machine but the unresolved EMI issues was the deal breaker. But I still love my G2 over any detector I have ever owned, and I never see myself without one...unless an improvement can be made on it that is not just "bells and whisles".
September 17, 2014 05:22PM
Well kind words for sure Fellas...

And thank you ...As long as people are having positve results I think we all can apprecite the unit..

And remember if we did not have this Forum that Tom Graciously allows to run uncensored style and the info of said DEUS unit that he also provides and has provided we would all still be trying to read between the lines ...

Keith